Reasons to think Coach Josh Heupel will move us forward

No biggie. UCF DID beat Auburn the year before and the truth is Heupel inherited a dang good team from Frost.

Hanging too much on any one game for a coach is a bad idea and Heupel is going to struggle in the SEC against high quality players and coaches because ALL coaches struggle in the SEC. There's Vandy as a gimme but mostly there's a lot of talent on the field and very talented coaching.

Saying anything else is premature. Reading too much in from his AAC days is a little silly. Going back to his Miz days is reaching a point where he didn't have full control.

He's a bit of a wild card, Hail Mary hire for an SEC school.
Every opinion you just gave is also premature.

You getting your feeling hurt by proxy? Should talk to someone about that.

I put little stock in any non-CFB bowl performance, and literally zero in this one, but if this is the one you want to hang Heupel's hat on for him, have at it.

2018 Fiesta Bowl: LSU without top three cornerbacks, load of defensive players vs. UCF

I don't care if they lost their whole D! LSU was so loaded with talent that all their back ups were more than likely more athletic and much higher rated than any of the offensive players Heupel coached at UCF!!! CJH will put a great O on the field in 21. The question is. Will the D
be able to keep the SEC teams below 30 in most of the games? I personally see a CJF coached O putting up enough points to beat the high and mighty one's team that many would rather have than CJH. I see Kiffin's O not scoring as much as UT's O lead by CJH!!! I also see UT putting up 30 plus points versus all teams besides Bama and UGA!!!!

Both positivity and negative coaching can work. Nick Saban is known to be pretty harsh and critical, kind of where Pruitt gets it from.

You can't have players that want to play for an azzhole like Pruitt until he has at least one NC under his belt. How many does Saban have? You aren't even close to comparing apples to apples here!

You can't have players that want to play for an azzhole like Pruitt until he has at least one NC under his belt. How many does Saban have? You aren't even close to comparing apples to apples here!
Saban didn’t always have championships

All I’m saying is that there are different styles of coaching that work. No need to be butt hurt about it lol

Saban didn’t always have championships

All I’m saying is that there are different styles of coaching that work. No need to be butt hurt about it lol

No one is butt hurt about a thing. Again, you have proved how clueless you are by comparing Saban and Pruitt. Saban can be the biggest azzhole in the world. It doesn't matter. Guys will line up and play for the school due to the chance of a NC and NFL!!! How many did Bama put in the NFL this past draft??? It's kind of like joining the service and getting treated like **** BECAUSE YOU HAVE CLOSE TO A 50/50 SHOT AT MILLIONS AFTER BEING TREATED LIKE **** FOR FOUR YEARS!!! That is the case with Bama!!! It never was with Pruitt/UT!!!

Well since the dislike Pruitt thread was an active thread let's try this one.

1. Can coach up a QB, having played the position and rather good at it, so he knows how to prepare a QB.
2. His offense scores a lot of points
3. I'm lost after that unless you factor in he's not Butch or Pruitt.

Thoughts?
Allows other coaches to do their job.... does not micro manage.....seemed to hire really good/ respected coaches..... the one question mark I see is how the D/C calls a game...... hired Rodney Garner.

Danny White is the only AD to ever hire him to a HC job. The only AD to ever even call him and have him interview for a head coaching job, in spite of all of the "accolades" you feel he earned as OC at Missouri and HC at UCF.

You don't have to worry though, Heupel is going to be here for 4 years, regardless. He'll have plenty of time to show whether or not he can be a successful coach in the SEC, no reason to try spin his short coaching career into the meteoric rise of the next Saban..

It takes a special person to be irritated at other’s hopes

No one is butt hurt about a thing. Again, you have proved how clueless you are by comparing Saban and Pruitt. Saban can be the biggest azzhole in the world. It doesn't matter. Guys will line up and play for the school due to the chance of a NC and NFL!!! How many did Bama put in the NFL this past draft??? It's kind of like joining the service and getting treated like **** BECAUSE YOU HAVE CLOSE TO A 50/50 SHOT AT MILLIONS AFTER BEING TREATED LIKE **** FOR FOUR YEARS!!! That is the case with Bama!!! It never was with Pruitt/UT!!!

please be specific about these "MILLIONS" you speak of after 4 years in the military.

1. Can coach up a QB, having played the position and rather good at it, so he knows how to prepare a QB.

Thoughts?
Thats probably the only reason needed. If you got a good QB you always got a shot to win any game. Throughout our history, we usually win alot win we have a QB.

Thats probably the only reason needed. If you got a good QB you always got a shot to win any game. Throughout our history, we usually win alot win we have a QB.
Unless his name’s Bray.

Right...because pointing out that Heupel hasn't even coached a game at UT yet, when posters on here are already proclaiming him a "top SEC coach", is trying to "rebut any positive post".
I havent read every post on the site but have read the vast majority. To this point nowhere i have i seen someone refer to CJH as a top SEC coach.

Last edited:
Unless his name’s Bray.
I excluded him bc he never played well against any of the big 3. To me, in order to be thought of as a good UT QB, you have to have some success against at least 1 of the big 3. Dobbs was the last good UT QB, & before him it was Ainge not Bray

Reactions: FBtime
1. He's addressing the QB situation, via the TP. Though it may not be popular.
2. He's added WR talent thru the TP.
3. He's added depth on defense, via the TP.
4. He's added some good JUCO talent to the roster.
All of these things indicate to me that he wants to win NOW. He isn't "taking a Mulligan" on this season. He's working hard, right out of the gate.

Let's face it, the Vols are a has-been program struggling to get back to mediocrity. Heupel may or may not be the coach to get them there. His Dooleyesque resume doesn't inspire much hope that he can get it past that.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Seriously realize that Pruitt isn’t the standard. Oklahoma tried 3 different tacks before hiring a first time HC in Bob Stoops. I think he’ll be here in 4 years...now what?

Not tryna play gotcha, but you are saying that you think Bob Stoops will be here in 4 years. Is that what you meant?

Not tryna play gotcha, but you are saying that you think Bob Stoops will be here in 4 years. Is that what you meant?
I’m saying there’s no absolute example of an EVENTUAL home run. Stoops is an interesting analogy since the guy we hired delivered him his only NC in his second season.

Let's face it, the Vols are a has-been program struggling to get back to mediocrity. Heupel may or may not be the coach to get them there. His Dooleyesque resume doesn't inspire much hope that he can get it past that.
I can smell a pig from a mile away. Especially a narrow azz,stinking Razorback .

His resume is better than Dooleys

Look at his offense's production over time against teams with winning records vs those without winning records. UCF's schedule is rife with bad teams, and those offensive numbers are well-padded by it.

The real unknown with Huepel is whether or not he is going to be able to adapt his offensive system to consistently work in the SEC, and can his defensive staff put together an actual defense which doesn't give up ~500 YPG.

I give you Missouri's offense when he was there. Yes, he had Drew Locke, but we may very well have a pretty good QB on the roster. Beldar couldn't get past JG long enough to give anyone else a decent shot.

Thoughts?

Number one reason is be a optimist. Optimist always believes in success.

VN Store

Back