Pruitt no show on the Jeremy Pruitt Show

I suppose anytime there are this many people who are fans of a certain team, there will always be whining, sniveling little girls who find something to cry about. WIN! That will fix everything, and when you take over a dumpster fire, winning takes time. Let Fulmer do the show if you are in such need of a “personality”. This program is in need of a football coach, not a personality. WIN! That is all.

I would rather he be watching "GAME TAPE" and "RECRUITING BETTER PLAYERS" than to be sitting on a show answering the same questions OVER and OVER and OVER again!! Some people on here are COMPLETE ...................... !!!

You could've titled this differently. He was there, he just didn't want to be.

I am starting to not like Pruitt's attitude about his show.

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.

Did the poster jump the gun? I just watched the show, and Pruitt was on. Perhaps we should know the facts before we post things out of frustration that are not true!
Unfortunately the OP wasnt meaning he wasn't physically there, he was meaning that Coach didnt have a big enough smile to his liking, because as we all know it's the personality on coaching shows that wins championships.

Did the poster jump the gun? I just watched the show, and Pruitt was on. Perhaps we should know the facts before we post things out of frustration that are not true!

thanks, didn't see it...was thinking though that if he didn't show up just because he didn't want to could lead to contractual complications...just like we need any more drama...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

Unfortunately the OP wasnt meaning he wasn't physically there, he was meaning that Coach didnt have a big enough smile to his liking, because as we all know it's the personality on coaching shows that wins championships.
Awww, hell I thought he meant Bob was out there all alone.

So Pruitt was there but was in a somber cantankerous mood? Hell, that actually makes me like him more. He's just as p*ssed about the game as we are. I like the fact he ain't trying to convince us that a dog turd is really a gold bar. He's genuine and speaks from his heart and I respect the hell out of that. He wants improvement as much as we do.

Pruitt gains more good will from me by actually being a straight shooter. I got so tired of having a politician for a coach. It's refreshing as hell imo

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.

You did see the game, right?

🙄🙄

Demeanor on the show after losses - bad, disinterested, disrespectful, has to work on it, etc.
Demeanor on the show after wins - funny, just a simple guy who wants to coach football, he'd just rather be out recruiting or watching film, etc.

Quit crying, I know Butch Jones probably put on a better tv show, but I’d prefer the coach who cares more about his football team and how they perform then damn commercials or a stupid tv show.

How conceited are we to see Pruitt as an organ grinder's monkey paid to dance for our amusement?

Pruitt was hired for the team, not for us. He was hired to rebuild a broken program, not to dazzle us with empty charisma. He likely followed the same creed my dad lived by: a closed mouth gathers no foot.

Let's say he was the charismatic chatterbox that some here keep begging for. Those same people would likely be raking him over the coals for empty speech and misplaced enthusiasm and begging him to be contrite and show humility in loss.

As soon as we realize that it's not all about us we can start putting our priorities in the right places. When I buy a ticket I'm hoping to be entertained, yes, but I also know I'm making an investment in the students' lives down on the field. It's good to feel a part of something. It's sheer entitlement to complain about the minutia (like a barely watched day-after show) that doesn't live up to your expectations.
Too many believe they are making a personal investment in the University. Your quote is well said.

Reactions: AshG
He needs to improve his attitude about the show in my opinion.

Caveat 1 : Its not a huge deal but seems somewhat disrespectful
Caveat 2 : Tired worn out coaches do coaches shows with a positive( fake it til ya make it) attitude all of the time.
Caveat 3: I don't expect Pruitt to give a crap what I think, but I still think it.
Caveat 4: I like Pruitt and think he is a good coach.
Caveat 5: Win the East then you can do whatever the h*ll you want to do in my book.

VN Store

Back