Pruitt no show on the Jeremy Pruitt Show

I'd be downbeat if not outright embarrassed to do these shows if I were Pruitt as well.

Not much can be said to defend a 50-17 home loss on senior day. Especially a senior day where someone decided to not let the seniors be acknowledged individually.
The "golf clap" attitude that our coaches have had since the early 70's on these shows has been quite sickening. I stopped watching Fulmer in the late 2000's. Bits and pieces I have seen of Dools and IBJ were the same way. Go out, be upbeat, be positive, emphasize improvement......BS.

I am starting to not like Pruitt's attitude about his show.

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.
Good grief.. no one gives a s about the coaches show

He has an obligation to do the show but he’s also a winner. I’d be worried if he got up there and was singing the praises of his team after an asskicking.

Reactions: livefaith
The "golf clap" attitude that our coaches have had since the early 70's on these shows has been quite sickening. I stopped watching Fulmer in the late 2000's. Bits and pieces I have seen of Dools and IBJ were the same way. Go out, be upbeat, be positive, emphasize improvement......BS.

I'm with you. They haven't been must watch TV for me either since early era Fulmer.

What little I saw of Jones' show was particularly awful.

Can't say I'm remotely surprised Pruitt isn't particularly upbeat or good on his show. He has acted ill at ease in front of a mic since his introductory PC.

Give him a break. His team just lost their game badly. And he is still in his first year as a HC and getting used to it. So give Coach Pruitt a break. Damn.

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.

You motor-boatin SOB. Try getting jacked under the table. Get yourself some real problems.

P.S.- This thread is stupid.

Well said!!!

10 pages to bitch about a no show that actually showed up....lord have mercy. I'm still trying to get over having our ass handed to us :rolleyes:

Reactions: livefaith
Can't stand to watch the show on TV and can't stand to watch the show on the FIELD either. Soon you just tune both of them out and and just say is basketball season here yet.

Sadly, Bob hosts the Rick Barnes show as well.

Pruitt actually smiled yesterday, when Bob asked him if he was cooking on Thanksgiving.

I say give him a break. He was not hired to be an entertainer on a television show.

He has never done a coaches show and it takes time to get comfortable in front of a camera. He has actually improved some over the season. On the first couple of shows he made no positive comments about players. At least now he is complimenting good plays, and he is calling Bob by name. I like the fact that he is brutally honest in his assessment of where we are.

OP isn't wrong that it reflects poorly on Pruitt, it's just if he wins it won't matter. It's like drawing a fat girl for a partner at a dance and then being real whiny and sulking about it. Suck it up and be courteous to her, it's the right thing to do, and if you need a more self centered reason she surely has hot friends who will remember how she was treated. The show is a pain, I get it, but it's part of the job he knew he signed up for and is well paid to do, some fans like the show. I'm not saying to fire the guy but some of you need to get off of Pruitt's nads for a minute, and you might see there is some legitimacy to the point OP is making.

Last edited:
Why should he blow sunshine up everyone's skirt. Think about it, it's the first time he's seeing the film after being up for 19 hrs.

I'm sure after some big wins, he'll have a reason to be a little more engaging. At least he isn't doing this:
1542669005983.png

(but he is running a redneck through some corn).

Does anyone still watch coach's shows any more. They are garbage. Go back to the way Ol Johnny did em. He and John Ward sat at the desk and played a tape of the game while Johnny screamed at his players and complained, bragged, berated and/or praised his players on what they did on the field. Then at the end, they showed the Vols' big plays, talked to a few players and set up next week.

John Ward and Johnny Majors was as good as it's going to get. I use to VCR tape their show every week. Fulmer and John Ward was not too bad. I think, Fulmer and Bob was the beginning of the end for the coach's show. Kiffin didn't care, Dooley was funny at times, and Butch was annoying. Bob Kesling is just boring.
I tried to listen to Bob after Ward retired, but I can't stand him. CJP acts exactly like I do listening to Kesling, ready to nod off.

*Pruitt still should have showed up for the show Sunday. ;)

Yeah. I'm sure Pruitt went home, rubbed one out, and was in bed by 9:30.

Or maybe he was recruiting the abundance of talent we had at the game so we can bounce back and not have to watch his show talking about an embarrassing beat down forever.

I couldn’t give 2 dry farts about the coaches’ show and in 2018 I don’t understand why anybody else does

You're quite familiar with the sponsers for someone who hasn't watched in years View attachment 176885
How are you not familiar with the sponsors? It's plastered all over the stadium, your tickets and every other commercial on WVLT. Why would there be different sponsors for the coaches show? No I don't watch that boring recap with babbling Bob and our flavor of the year coach.

Why should he blow sunshine up everyone's skirt. Think about it, it's the first time he's seeing the film after being up for 19 hrs.

I'm sure after some big wins, he'll have a reason to be a little more engaging. At least he isn't doing this:
View attachment 176883

(but he is running a redneck through some corn).

A Few years later and this looks so freaking Stupid!!!

VN Store

Back