Pruitt dismisses Banks.

Just dismissed a Memphis kid for WORDS. Good luck with these Memphis kids. Amber Guyer killed a man in his house, sitting on his couch eating ice cream. She got TEN YEARS. That’s it!!! While there are black People serving life for stealing $50 or selling $100 worth of weed. I guess since FOX NEWS started reporting it, the CONSERVATIVES in charge made the move. FIND THE NICK SABAN VIDEO TALKING ABOUT THIS SAME STUFF.
Link to a black male doing life for misdemeanor weed possession please?

"I have made the decision to remove Jeremy Banks from our football program.

While I will continue to support Jeremy in the next steps in his life, information I recently received made it clear that this decision is in the best interest of the football program and the university."
The decision was a no-brainer!!

Reactions: vettefool
Everyone freaking out about banks being dismissed for “just words” might want to chill, new info is supposedly going to come out involving assault if the crap on vq is true. so maybe let’s wait and find out?
Serious question, are we sure the new info isnt the video?

Reactions: Halph66
If he was dismissed for lying to JP about a paid ticket I am all for it. Integrity is needed and when you try to help a kid and he lies, well it undermines your authority. I still believe the offense and what we know of it, for now, is not grounds for dismissal because again everyone makes mistakes. However, some part of me says this was a self preservation move as well because some fans are just irrational. With that said, it seems that many here in VolNation got what they wanted and we wonder why we are the laughing stock of college ball, always creating a mountain out of a molehill and displaying so much drama.

Reactions: AM64
Well, thank God TMZ has taken the time to investigate this. Some of the drama and made up rumors around here make me suspect you guys work for them.

Only if he decides to grow up and be respectful.
I would like to agree with you but that is incorrect. Look at the NFL and how many "respectful" players they have. truth is, as long as you can play and dont commit a serious crime you are golden. Talent is all they care about

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Well, thank God TMZ has taken the time to investigate this. Some of the drama and made up rumors around here make me suspect you guys work for them.
TMZ is actually really good at what they do, they have broken alot of stories

Weak move. Either remove him two weeks ago or none at all.

I support Pruitt in his decision but I am bothered if it was influenced by public opinion. I agree that Banks has been allowed to stay on the team and even issued an apology I believe through the University. To me that's wrong eventhough his words were in very poor taste.

Patience people. Patience. We will know details and the why soon enough. Until then, quit getting your panties in a wad.

Reactions: 007Racer
Just dismissed a Memphis kid for WORDS. Good luck with these Memphis kids. Amber Guyer killed a man in his house, sitting on his couch eating ice cream. She got TEN YEARS. That’s it!!! While there are black People serving life for stealing $50 or selling $100 worth of weed. I guess since FOX NEWS started reporting it, the CONSERVATIVES in charge made the move. FIND THE NICK SABAN VIDEO TALKING ABOUT THIS SAME STUFF.
And there it is....
6896C106-BEB9-4B28-AB33-9611D77A21C1.jpeg

Pruitt screwed this kid over. The warrant that kid had should have been resolved. The school could have paid that ticket off for the kid. Banks did his part the school knew the kid situation, but Pruitt didn't make sure the situation was taking care of. Bad on coach Pruitt part.

It's not up to Pruitt and the school to pay off traffic tickets by students. That's part of the problem - entitlement.

If new information conveniently came to their attention weeks after the arrest and days after the video dropped then Pruitt is way the **** over his head.
Could have been something new and not related to that arrest. Dismissing Banks doesn’t indicate Pruitt is in over his head unless you know what information he was referencing. I don’t know any more than has been released by the school.

I'll say this again and this is pure speculation and jmo but he seemed to be intoxicated or under the influence of something in that video. Didn't seem coherent. Perhaps this had something to do with it?
That's very possible. That part was never discussed in any press release or news article.

VN Store

Back