Pruitt dismisses Banks.

Pruitt screwed this kid over. The warrant that kid had should have been resolved. The school could have paid that ticket off for the kid. Banks did his part the school knew the kid situation, but Pruitt didn't make sure the situation was taking care of. Bad on coach Pruitt part.

The kid screwed his self over by not taking care of the original ticket.

Pruitt screwed this kid over. The warrant that kid had should have been resolved. The school could have paid that ticket off for the kid. Banks did his part the school knew the kid situation, but Pruitt didn't make sure the situation was taking care of. Bad on coach Pruitt part.
Oh please! I’m critical of Pruitt but it is no ones job to make sure another adult pays their fines or shows up to court. Banks got a ticket for speeding, banks didn’t pay his fine, banks got his license suspended, banks didn’t show up to court, banks was driving on a suspended license. The sooner he learns about personal responsibility, instead of cussing and blaming the police for his failure to take care of his own issues, the better off he will be.

Strange that he recently said it had been handle internally, whatever that means, and then this. I am guessing pressure from above.
This appears like it was Fulmer's decision. This situation makes Pruitt seem like he is either not in control, or very indecisive. This was a bad look for the program, all around.

Lol, bro...I dont care for Pruitt...but cmon man

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Either late tonight or early tomorrow this is going to explode.

New information maybe.
I’d be willing to bet someone flexed enough muscle and forced the hand

Really hope this id due to new information that UT/CJP received and not because of media pressure.

I know some folks on here are happy about this but my question is. Were you this vocal in 2009 when Jackson & Richardson committed armed robbery in the lot of a convenience store?

Because Jackson wasn't dismissed until 2011 under Dooley for multiple failed drug tests.

Reactions: VolNExile
It has to be something additional to the video. The video, while bad, doesn't warrant being kicked off the team. That warranted a better effort of teaching him to be a better man.

I'll say this again and this is pure speculation and jmo but he seemed to be intoxicated or under the influence of something in that video. Didn't seem coherent. Perhaps this had something to do with it?

Oh please! I’m critical of Pruitt but it is no ones job to make sure another adult pays their fines or shows up to court. Banks got a ticket for speeding, banks didn’t pay his fine, banks got his license suspended, banks didn’t show up to court, banks was driving on a suspended license. The sooner he learns about personal responsibility, instead of cussing and blaming the police for his failure to take care of his own issues, the better off he will be.

Yes, I see this a lot in my line of work. It’s actually quite unfortunate. In most cases, it’s simply a “crime of poverty.” Don’t be so quick to judge.

You can put a lot on Pruitt but this is purely on Banks and his lack of responsibility. He didn’t help himself by not invoking his right to remain silent and making a silly statement

Welp the rebuild just got longer now that one of Pruitt's guys is gone.

WOW....while I 100% support our police this is still just words but this totally UT bending to pressure. Just goes to show that the social media warriors run the show. We made that bed with the Jones/Schiano situation (i agreed with it) and now it's coming back to bite us. That's a tough call on Pruitt and deep down is probably the right move-- but this one really stings. The video did 100% change my perspective on Banks but I always believe in 2nd chances especially when dealing with young adults. Hopefully he'll grow from this and get his head back on straight in another program. What a shame.

Really hope this id due to new information that UT/CJP received and not because of media pressure.

I know some folks on here are happy about this but my question is. Were you this vocal in 2009 when Jackson & Richardson committed armed robbery in the lot of a convenience store?

Because Jackson wasn't dismissed until 2011 under Dooley for multiple failed drug tests.

Charges against Jackson were dropped.

Reactions: mercuryvol

VN Store

Back