Pruitt cancels scrimmage (due to covid-related absences and injuries)

You're like one of those little brush fires that smoulders in the roots underground. Just when everyone thinks you're all tamped down, WHOOSH a new flare-up and you're back in business. Heh.

Don't mouth-breathe. This is a minor annoyance. Not a season ender. Not a major disruption. Not a big deal. Some fellas are injuried, some fellas got the flu (the Wuhan flu, not influenza), and some fellas got told to sit out because of contact tracing.

The good news: this is 7 or 8 more fellas who are going to have immunity through the season. We're getting stronger, not weaker, if you think about it.

Sheep my friend...... sheep

But
. But CV19 is a added risk that wasn’t there before. My dad is a doctor he has seen a 27 year old with no compromising health issues die from of Covid and a 29 year old.
At my age, a 29 year old is a comorbidity. It would kill me too. I ain't as good as I once was.......

No I’m not there have been numerous young people under 30 to die of Covid that were otherwise healthy. There hasn’t been a great number of them but there has been some. Nobody knows how their body will react to this virus odds are if your in good health and young you will just have mild symptoms if any but there are outliers.
Contradict yourself in back-to-back sentences much?

Why are we playing this year again ? So stupid just come back next season after we have a vaccine. Games will have to be moved or canceled because so many players will have to sit out or quarentine for two weeks makes no sense to try and play this fall and this season will absolutely be a write off and not legitimate I don’t care what anybody says that it will. And it’s only a matter of time before a player gets seriously sick or dies or a coach does. Greed for money over lives everytime in this country sad to see.

Oh spare us the greed crap. These kids are more at risk from the seasonal flu than China Virus. They all should be out there, every school, life to normal and we build herd immunity. The vulnerable make arrangements and protect themselves and the rest of us return to normal. Human life needs to continue, the economy needs to expand, this is not the plague, no matter how much the media wants to make it one.

I would and we had a really bad flu season in 2018 that killed 60,000 Americans I believe so the flu is dangerous to all age groups. But we have a flu vaccine it doesn’t completely eradicate of course but it controls it much like the Covid vaccine will do for it lord willing. I just don’t see certain things that we used to enjoy doing going back to normal until we a vaccine for this it’s not going to burn out and we can’t use herd immunity on it unless you want 5 million or more dead. It’s just sad and unfortunate that politics have divided us in this country over it. It’s science this virus doesn’t play favorites or the race card we have seen all types of people get it from celebrities to politicians to homeless people.
This is a terribly misinformed post. Many areas both in the U.S. and around the world appear to either have reached or are nearing the herd immunity threshold. 5 million people aren't going to die, that's ridiculous. Vaccination may be helpful if used in a targeted manner for the elderly or at-risk population, but a majority of younger/healthy people and kids are not going to take the vaccine.

I would be curious to know where your physician father practices. I am privy to details of area deaths and have certainly not seen cases that fit your description.

Why are we playing this year again ? So stupid just come back next season after we have a vaccine. Games will have to be moved or canceled because so many players will have to sit out or quarentine for two weeks makes no sense to try and play this fall and this season will absolutely be a write off and not legitimate I don’t care what anybody says that it will. And it’s only a matter of time before a player gets seriously sick or dies or a coach does. Greed for money over lives everytime in this country sad to see.

Why do you live in this country then? I am sure you could find a better one that will welcome you with open arms.

... I just don’t see certain things that we used to enjoy doing going back to normal until we a vaccine for this it’s not going to burn out and we can’t use herd immunity on it unless you want 5 million or more dead. It’s just sad and unfortunate that politics have divided us in this country over it. It’s science this virus doesn’t play favorites or the race card we have seen all types of people get it from celebrities to politicians to homeless people.
Respectfully, You have been bought a pig in polk! Politics are not the cause of the division - PEOPLE are.
People can disagree and be respectful ... or they can be disagreeable and divisive.
I'm a flag waver and that is not an apology. AND I respect the rights of those to burn that same flag I love.
Our problem is that our public leaders show animosity and disrespect for those that differ with them. And the populace, at large, has learned to emulate their behavior. We need leaders with integrity and character! Enjoy ... Andrew Shepherd's speech (from The American President)

I am surprised that Bama's team hasn't had a lot of virus issues. I read a few days ago that Bama students had over 1000 active cases since returning to campus a couple of weeks ago. Of course Saban may have dictated that no one on the team can leave their dorm room except to come to practice.

This may be sort of a throw away season in that some teams may lose games they expect to win because one team has many players missing at a game and the other team which is not that good but is near full strength for the game. A lot of turmoil this season. GBO.

Last edited:
. Of course Trey is a man and can make his own decision to play but I would sit this season out if I were him and not take any chances and get ready for the NFL next year but Trey is a true VFL I respect that.
I’d sit out too but I guess that’s what separates him from me and you.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
This is a terribly misinformed post. Many areas both in the U.S. and around the world appear to either have reached or are nearing the herd immunity threshold. 5 million people aren't going to die, that's ridiculous. Vaccination may be helpful if used in a targeted manner for the elderly or at-risk population, but a majority of younger/healthy people and kids are not going to take the vaccine.

I would be curious to know where your physician father practices. I am privy to details of area deaths and have certainly not seen cases that fit your description.

I'm a retired physician in the South West. My female partner/housemate is a RN who has worked on a COVID unit since March. I can tell you about two patients that where in excellent health before contracting COVID.

One was a 61 year od man in excellent health. Four months before contracting the disease he hiked the 15 mile Half Dome trail in Yosemite (5,000 vertical) in one day without any problem. He died after 17 days after the first symptom.

The other is a 32 year old who is now in a University hospital awaiting a bilateral lung transplant.

I'm a retired physician in the South West. My female partner/housemate is a RN who nurse has worked on a COVID unit since March. I can tell you about two patients that where in excellent health before contracting COVID.

One was a 61 year od man in excellent health. Four months before contracting the disease he hiked the 15 mile Half Dome trail in Yosemite (5,000 vertical) in one day without any problem. He died after 17 days after the first symptom.

The other is a 32 year old who is now in a University hospital awaiting a bilateral lung transplant.
Those are extreme cases that doesn’t represent the mean avg of data. I can articulate that ieds can leave a body nothing but a sack of jello from experience yet the vast majority actually do nothing more than blow the tires off the maxxpro. Yes ieds can kill but the majority do not, you can spin anything to show whatever you want to represent.

You and Dumble are 2 in the same, you take one story and run with it to push your narrative of no college football. One little story thats way over blown and you run with it.
Dude don’t mention that f’ing guy. I’m sure he’s been waiting for a day just like this to make an appearance.

I'm a retired physician in the South West. My female partner/housemate is a RN who has worked on a COVID unit since March. I can tell you about two patients that where in excellent health before contracting COVID.

Sad to hear but exceptions are not the rule...do you have any proof beside anecdotal??? Not doubting just verifying

Reactions: TennVols12

Another personal experience, the whole battalion was sick back in January in Kandahar. Same symptoms especially with breathing. I suspect MERS not SARS, of course no testing done, I was miserable and yet still went on routine 8-9 mile foot and mounted patrols and still came out 10 days later fine. No fatalities due to illness in the unit.

VN Store

Back