Prepare for War

Maybe. But with their war chest, they'd rebound swiftly with yet another quality hire. However, I don't think Saban quits this season. Bama has too much resiliency both fiscal and player talent to stay down if what you describe happens.

They sure missed on a lot of coaches before they rebounded in the 90s- pre Saban 2000s. Don’t forget their 1st choice was Rich Rod, he turned them down and they settled for Saban. No way in hell this happens again. When Saban leaves Bama will spiral downward just like they did in the 90s.

I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.
Don't worry woodsman , Fulmer owns bama

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Following Saban is career suicide for any coach. What has Kirby done at Georgia with just as many 5 Star players? The coach that follows Saban will be gone in four years. Once the Gumps come down off that high horse the 2nd or 3rd coach after Saban might stick around a while.

Kirby Smart wants the Bama job, or so they say.

I don't know about that. Kirby's situation is probably better than Bama. Certainly more talented players in Georgia and if Kirby could learn to delegate he could approach Saban's number of victories. He's had to replace assistant coaches every year and that can be a crapshot. National titles may still be elusive at uga but I think the potential is there

Well since your a psychic can you at least tell me the winning powerball numbers for next week?

Since you're being an ass, clean up after yourself. I know it's not typically done that way, but you're omniscient and imnipotent so....

It was directed at the fan base and not you directly because I sure as hail don’t know your posting style over time ;)

Yeah, right. Here, have a sugar cube with your elderberry tea, better yet three teaspoons of blackstrap molasses.

They sure missed on a lot of coaches before they rebounded in the 90s- pre Saban 2000s. Don’t forget their 1st choice was Rich Rod, he turned them down and they settled for Saban. No way in hell this happens again. When Saban leaves Bama will spiral downward just like they did in the 90s.

I hope so, just got my doubts about that. But sure hope you're right.

Only way Pruitt goes to Bammer is if they strike out on a few candidates. I highly doubt that happens. I think were safe.

Honestly I think any coach would have to think long and hard before accepting the inevitable task of following Saban....
Several struggled when following Bryant...
Big Money for sure , but TREMENDOUS PRESSURE....JMO

No. No. No. Saban must remain at Alabama until a losing streak to Tennessee makes him rethink his employment. After a particularly galling home loss to Tennessee, Nick announces his retirement, effective immediately (shades of Spurrier). Bama's remaining staff must carry the team through the end of the season. There's hair pulling and teeth gnashing and murder among Bammers. Their behavior takes all of CFB aback. Only the most desperate coach (Kiffin?) will want to work there. Pruitt expresses he and his family's love for Tennessee, the Vols, and life in Knoxville. He stays and builds a 2+ decade legacy of excellence, success, and championships. His children attend UT, become Rhodes scholars, do graduate work at Ivy League schools, and go on to have extraordinary careers in public service, the diplomatic corps, and the private sector. One becomes the mayor of Knoxville, the Governor of Tennessee, and retires as a professor emeritus at UT, authoring several best selling books.

Pruitt won't be Bama's first choice. They'll go after Dabo first.
I don't see Dabo leaving unless he feels that winning championships at Clemson is not enough of a challenge for him. He has built and will continue to build a legacy. Not sure all the money in the world can change that.

I think Saban wants the Bear's record for championships, so every year they don't win an NC, it's another year of Saban.

Reactions: VolinMC
Never understood the sport to war comparison, especially on Veteran's Day. I never had to serve and am glad I didn't have to because as a history teacher I have a deep appreciation for the sacrifices many have made. I used to mow the lawn of a neighbor of mine as a kid and he was a Korean War veteran. He was an alcoholic who had ruined his marriage and his kids rarely stopped by. Sadly, I was pretty much the only person he talked to and that was just for a few minutes before I cut his yard every two weeks. Maybe it's just me but the war to sport comparisons have never made sense in the grand scheme of things.
The reason it's used is because war doesn't have to be armed conflict. Armed conflict is certainly the most common definition but simply conflict is also a definition. Thus we have economic war, spiritual war, corporate war and some people, like me , are at war with themselves from one week to the next during football season. It's simply a metaphor.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Burrow will be gone, (Once in a lifetime QB) so Lsu won't be as badass next year. Bama may restore order in Baton Rouge. If lsu wins two straight, Saban will retire.

I think Nick Satan will retire after Alabama comes into the Sugar Bowl uninspired and loses to Baylor just like they did against Oklahoma on January 2nd 2014.
If this scenario plays out, you may not have to worry about Saban retiring, because those idiots in Tuscaloosa will probably run him out of town for a 2nd loss.
GBO!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
LSU doesn’t need to cheat, at least anymore than is normal in the SEC. They’ve been one of the 2-3 most talented teams in the SEC every year for over a decade.

This. LSU's recruiting is the exact same as it was when Saban was there. Draw from Louisiana, Texas, and the South with the expectation that you will go there and have fun for 3 years on your way to the NFL. If they cheat now, they always did. The difference with them is on the field. It's a lot harder to cheat a 78.9% completion rate and 10.7 yards per pass.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Hes not a good head coach. But just like Dabo at Clemson he has sense enough to hire great coordinators on both sides of the ball. He just manages the coaches and recruits.
Doesn't that make him a good head coach? He's a master motivator and a good delegator (something Butch never learned, and Pruitt is starting to learn). He doesn't make boneheaded gameday decisions like Les Miles did. And apparently, he has an eye for coaching talent. Ensminger and Joe Brady were both risky moves when his leash was already short, and all of a sudden he's beating Saban. And guys want to play hard for him and coach with him, so he might even be able to keep Joe Brady around.

Reactions: tn4elvis
“top candidate for every top program in the country”

Not disagreeing with you, just lamenting when did Tennessee become a stepping stone to “top programs”.

I don’t know, but look at 1969. At the time, UT was about the best team in the country. Not always about winning.

Think about Bill Curry from Alabama to Kentucky.

It’s a funny world. They paid Saban 4 million to come back from the NFL. Today, Butch Jones makes 4 million to watch film. Money has become and unpredictable factor due to sabanization. I can’t explain the stuff that really happens.

Reactions: munsterlander
LSU doesn’t need to cheat, at least anymore than is normal in the SEC. They’ve been one of the 2-3 most talented teams in the SEC every year for over a decade.
Even if they tried, the refs wouldn't understand what Coach O was saying.

Reactions: perico

VN Store

Back