Prepare for War

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.

I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.
I think Nick Satan will retire after Alabama comes into the Sugar Bowl uninspired and loses to Baylor just like they did against Oklahoma on January 2nd 2014.

I think Nick Satan will retire after Alabama comes into the Sugar Bowl uninspired and loses to Baylor just like they did against Oklahoma on January 2nd 2014.

I think Saban retires in the next 5 years. I think he is smart enough to know when to step out on top..... The one thing that I think he has been remarkable that goes unnoticed is how he has kept the pace while having a revolving door of assistant coaches year in and year out...... I do think that does have some negative impact because their loss to LSU was filled with uncharacteristic issues.

At some point, that will take a toll on him.

Maybe. But with their war chest, they'd rebound swiftly with yet another quality hire. However, I don't think Saban quits this season. Bama has too much resiliency both fiscal and player talent to stay down if what you describe happens.

Reactions: savannahfan
I think Saban retires in the next 5 years. I think he is smart enough to know when to step out on top..... The one thing that I think he has been remarkable that goes unnoticed is how he has kept the pace while having a revolving door of assistant coaches year in and year out...... I do think that does have some negative impact because their loss to LSU was filled with uncharacteristic issues.

At some point, that will take a toll on him.

It’s easier than you think. He only goes after coaches who understand the process and understand his word is final. Furthermore, it’s easy to make any coach look good when you’ve got bags of talent on the field and sidelines.

Well as soon as we hired Pruitt the inevitable though has to creep into any vol fans mind...will bama look to replace saban with Pruitt. I think it obviously hinges entirely on how successful Pruitt is here. And he has a long ways to go before being considered. A longs ways. But let’s just assume that we continue to improve over the next 3 years and saban deciders to retire following the 2022 season. Pruitt has a really tough decision. TN at that point will be entirely his team. Everyone will have had to buy in and all those players will be his players. I honestly believe it would be a really dumb decision for him to follow saban. It’s an absolutely impossible situation to be successful in. No coach in the world will be successful immediately following saban. None. All the players on that roster will be saban’s. Whoever comes in is in for a tough 3-5 years. They’ll eventually fail and potentially the following coach will have a chance to start over and be successful. Pruitt will have a tough decision due to his ties to bama. That has to have been the dream job when he first got into coaching. But hopefully he’ll be able to recognize the best path to him having a legacy of his own will be to remain at the school that allowed him to become a coach to begin with. We’ll see. I’d say that’s a great problem to be worried about down the road. If saban retired now we’d have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I am going to say coach O has to be cheating. And no one could convince me otherwise. With what he did at Ole Miss and here. And the LSU basketball team got caught last year. Something stinks in LSU

Well as soon as we hired Pruitt the inevitable though has to creep into any vol fans mind...will bama look to replace saban with Pruitt. I think it obviously hinges entirely on how successful Pruitt is here. And he has a long ways to go before being considered. A longs ways. But let’s just assume that we continue to improve over the next 3 years and saban deciders to retire following the 2022 season. Pruitt has a really tough decision. TN at that point will be entirely his team. Everyone will have had to buy in and all those players will be his players. I honestly believe it would be a really dumb decision for him to follow saban. It’s an absolutely impossible situation to be successful in. No coach in the world will be successful immediately following saban. None. All the players on that roster will be saban. Whoever comes in is in for a tough 3-5 years. They’ll eventually fail and potentially the following coach will have a chance to start over and be successful. Pruitt will have a tough decision doe to his ties to bama. That’s has to have been the dream job when he first got into coaching. But hopefully he’ll be able to recognize the best path to him having a legacy of his own will be to remain at the schall that allowed him to become a coach to begin with. We’ll see. I’d say that’s a great problem to be worried a about down the road. If saban retired now we’d have nothing to worry about.

Welllllllll....yeah. I can agree with what you say above. Just the same I'm from that old school concept of, "It's best to be prepared than be in the cup of,'Damned it, we shoulda'"

Well as soon as we hired Pruitt the inevitable though has to creep into any vol fans mind...will bama look to replace saban with Pruitt. I think it obviously hinges entirely on how successful Pruitt is here. And he has a long ways to go before being considered. A longs ways. But let’s just assume that we continue to improve over the next 3 years and saban deciders to retire following the 2022 season. Pruitt has a really tough decision. TN at that point will be entirely his team. Everyone will have had to buy in and all those players will be his players. I honestly believe it would be a really dumb decision for him to follow saban. It’s an absolutely impossible situation to be successful in. No coach in the world will be successful immediately following saban. None. All the players on that roster will be saban. Whoever comes in is in for a tough 3-5 years. They’ll eventually fail and potentially the following coach will have a chance to start over and be successful. Pruitt will have a tough decision doe to his ties to bama. That’s has to have been the dream job when he first got into coaching. But hopefully he’ll be able to recognize the best path to him having a legacy of his own will be to remain at the schall that allowed him to become a coach to begin with. We’ll see. I’d say that’s a great problem to be worried a about down the road. If saban retired now we’d have nothing to worry about.

To point up what you say about following Saban.
Following "The Bear" took time (and coaches) to get over.
AND THEN THERE HAS BEEN "PAT"....
If you look around there are several other examples of "tough times" following legends. One who comes to mind was UCLA.

I am going to say coach O has to be cheating. And no one could convince me otherwise. With what he did at Ole Miss and here. And the LSU basketball team got caught last year. Something stinks in LSU

???
He just went out and hired the best coaches he could get to run his offense and his defense. I don't think their is any secret as to their success. Coach O can recruit in La. (if nowhere else) and along the southern area. For the most part that's as far as he needs to look as their are nearly enough elite players in that area to make a winning team every year. Especially with the staff he as put together.

Put the pipe down, chief.

LSU is awesome again, GA is strong, and Pruitt was able to recruit during a very , very bad time for TN. If the Vols finish strong and have another strong recruiting class, it will be super impressive

While its a possibility,...I'm not concerned with Saban leaving. However, anyone who turns TN around will be a top candidate for every top program in the country. Pruitt will be hot. Watch

VN Store

Back