Prepare for War

So, if he wins one more, what does he have left to prove? He'll be at least 70 at that point.

Per one of the bama player's parents, Saban understands that his Social Security (SS) benefit will reach maximum benefit at age 68; 10 months.

I don't know Nick's current age, but he won't walk away from those maximum SS dollars.

Reactions: Vol Fan in Fla
I think Nick Satan will retire after Alabama comes into the Sugar Bowl uninspired and loses to Baylor just like they did against Oklahoma on January 2nd 2014.

We can hope. I don't see it this season. Maybe if things don't work out next season also, say they lose to LSU again and someone else upsets them.

Would be wonderful if it was us. :p

I'm definitely not ready to predict a Vol win just yet, but if we play as competitive as this year but with a better team and at home, en route to a 9 or 10 win season, Saban will at least realize his days of just penciling in a win against the Vols are over. That along with LSU and Georgia might make him consider retirement.

Yes , like Patton, I have experienced every major battle going back a couple thousand years. I was there each time.
I don't see why anyone eould take exception to the reference of war. You make a plan and so does your opponent. As soon as you engage that plan changes
The difference in success or failure commonly comes down to a series of individual decisions by individuals that happen to be in the area that makes a major impact on the outcome. IE...not the individuals that created the war plan in the first place. I think the reference is appropriate. That doesn't mean the outcomes have to have the same impact on history.

I don't see why anyone eould take exception to the reference of war. You make a plan and so does your opponent. As soon as you engage that plan changes
The difference in success or failure commonly comes down to a series of individual decisions by individuals that happen to be in the area that makes a major impact on the outcome. IE...not the individuals that created the war plan in the first place. I think the reference is appropriate. That doesn't mean the outcomes have to have the same impact on history.
I believe you directed your post to me in error. I have no problem with the war reference.

Saban wants to break Bear’s record of NCAA titles currently he is tied with him. I think Saban coaches another 5 years but what happens if he slips up and loses 3 or 4 games one year or if he goes a few years without a national title. He has never gone more than 2 seasons between winning a national title he has been remarkably consistent at winning at the highest level. Then again he is 68 now he could just pack it up after this season and call it a career it’s not like he needs the money. No need to worry about losing Pruitt to Bama now. He is a below .500 coach let’s see if he can beat Bama , Georgia and Florida first and win the division or SEC before Bama will start to come calling.

Did not realize that Sabes had NCAA titles before coaching at LSU.

Per one of the bama player's parents, Saban understands that his Social Security (SS) benefit will reach maximum benefit at age 68; 10 months.

I don't know Nick's current age, but he won't walk away from those maximum SS dollars.

Like most nefarious creatures, he was born on Halloween. He turned 68 this year.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I have sources who have informed me that there is a secret program within Bama's Program that is already grooming their next head coach. It's a top secret program, with only the project name being made known. No one knows who it is.

Irs called "Project Code Name Lyle".

It would be very interesting. I know that he grew up in Alabama and attended that nasty university, but if he is able to build Tennessee up to the point that Bama is interested I wonder if he jumps ship. The reason I say that is, it’s a complete rebuild and essentially his pride and joy. Taking over for Saban comes with enormous pressure, plus, you better do as well or better than him or you’ll fade away pretty quick.

Too late for that.

Not really........ If Tua's brother is even half the QB that Hurts and Tua is, Saban will have another good 2-3 year run....

I don't expect them to drop off. At the very least, Saban could very well go out and play the grad transfer game and get a QB. He won a natty with Jacob Coker at QB...... He could easily go out and get any grad transfer to come in and not be the superstar QB, but game manager.

Not really........ If Tua's brother is even half the QB that Hurts and Tua is, Saban will have another good 2-3 year run....

He's not. And they don't need a QB half as good as Tua, they need a Tua clone. The only reason Bama had any success this year was because they had the best quarterback in the nation. He was their offense. Without him, they're toast.

Replacing him with a 'good' quarterback only makes them a top 25 team. Certainly not a top five team.

Saban is gone after this year, bank on it. The run is over. They have a couple of nine or ten win seasons left in them, but that's about it. No more natties for the Gumps for a decade or two.

He's not. And they don't need a QB half as good as Tua, they need a Tua clone. The only reason Bama had any success this year was because they had the best quarterback in the nation. He was their offense. Without him, they're toast.

Replacing him with a 'good' quarterback only makes them a top 25 team. Certainly not a top five team.

Saban is gone after this year, bank on it. The run is over. They have a couple of nine or ten win seasons left in them, but that's about it. No more natties for the Gumps for a decade or two.

So you know Tua's brother isn't going to be half as good even though he has 3-4 years to get there? That's ignorant and dumb.....

VN Store

Back