Prepare for War

I am going to say coach O has to be cheating. And no one could convince me otherwise. With what he did at Ole Miss and here. And the LSU basketball team got caught last year. Something stinks in LSU
LSU doesn’t need to cheat, at least anymore than is normal in the SEC. They’ve been one of the 2-3 most talented teams in the SEC every year for over a decade.

LSU doesn’t need to cheat, at least anymore than is normal in the SEC. They’ve been one of the 2-3 most talented teams in the SEC every year for over a decade.
I bet in the next few season LSU gets investigated by the NCAA for recruiting irregularities

Good problem to have IMO. If Bama wants him (and that is far from certain at this point) when the time comes it means he has done a more than adequate job in rebuilding our program. Finding THE coach will be a much easier prospect with a roster full of SEC talent, and a positive national perception to sell.

It's no decision for Pruitt! If Tennessee is playing for championships and Bama strikes out on Dabo or others and comes to Pruitt, he will go. That's his dream job. No amount of money will keep him. JMO

How can we or for that matter anyone say what is Pruitt's dream job? (only he can answer that question) I would think if he builds a dominate program that is shoulder to shoulder with the best, then why would he turn his baby over to someone else? Money? By then he will have all the money he will need or want.

Looks like Kiffin leaving has some still shook. The threat of a school coming in and offering another coach will always be there but CP hasn't even gotten us back on our feet. Tenneessee is making strides but let this season play out and have CP finish getting our recruiting class together. Then, let's see how next season plays out and that recruiting class gets assembled. Then...well you get the point. CP is still pretty far off from his name being a premiere HC to be sought after. If/when that happens then yes, fight like hell to keep him. That's how I see it anyways.

One month ago: “Fire Pruitt, he’s idiot, doesn’t know anything about QB’s, no fire or emotion, in over his head.”
Now: “Pruitt is a genius, how do we keep him being stolen by Alabubba?”
I wish we had back that could change direction like the fan base.
The football team looks like it's turning the corner and Tennessee fans have a better opinion of Jeremy Pruitt. It's just the nature of fans as a whole.

Reactions: feathersax
I do agree it’s his dream job because I know how much bammers love bammer. He was a Bammer for 40 years and secretly I’m sure he still is.
But in reality, we are at least 2-3 years away from a truly competitive conference/playoff win scenario even remotely being a reality.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.
Holy sh!t lol

It's no decision for Pruitt! If Tennessee is playing for championships and Bama strikes out on Dabo or others and comes to Pruitt, he will go. That's his dream job. No amount of money will keep him. JMO
Ray Perkins says “Hello!”

I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.
You cant be serious..

Yep Bama and Saban won't recover from that LSU loss. Shut the program down and fire Saban! :rolleyes:

You’re right, they’re still the best program in the country. They are still the standard. However, after Clemson last January and after this past weekend they aren’t winning games anymore before the ball has been kicked . They are subtle, but there are cracks in the foundation .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Never understood the sport to war comparison, especially on Veteran's Day. I never had to serve and am glad I didn't have to because as a history teacher I have a deep appreciation for the sacrifices many have made. I used to mow the lawn of a neighbor of mine as a kid and he was a Korean War veteran. He was an alcoholic who had ruined his marriage and his kids rarely stopped by. Sadly, I was pretty much the only person he talked to and that was just for a few minutes before I cut his yard every two weeks. Maybe it's just me but the war to sport comparisons have never made sense in the grand scheme of things.

Saban wants to break Bear’s record of NCAA titles currently he is tied with him. I think Saban coaches another 5 years but what happens if he slips up and loses 3 or 4 games one year or if he goes a few years without a national title. He has never gone more than 2 seasons between winning a national title he has been remarkably consistent at winning at the highest level. Then again he is 68 now he could just pack it up after this season and call it a career it’s not like he needs the money. No need to worry about losing Pruitt to Bama now. He is a below .500 coach let’s see if he can beat Bama , Georgia and Florida first and win the division or SEC before Bama will start to come calling.

VN Store

Back