Post on A&M paying players

Another article on A&M. Gives an overview of how they lock in players for multiple years. I'm not familiar with this website, but it was forwarded to me from a longtime friend that graduated from a different school in the SEC.

Texas A&M Boosters Reportedly Spent A Fortune To Land Recruiting Class

Welcome to the new world of "college" football.

It’s from “BroBible”. Not exactly reputable.

Sounds like he pulled it out of his ass, or got it from the OU fan site where it was first seen.

I just think it’s naïveté run amok or people wishing it was still the old rah, rah “Win One For The Gipper” NCAA sports and it’s just not and never will be again. (There was always money changing hands. Now it’s legal.) Let’s talk about possible ramifications. If I was an O lineman getting $50K and I’m blocking for a QB that has a seven figure deal, he’d better be sliding some of that my way or some defensive end may get through on his blind side for a free shot. Just sayin’. 😉😇
Agreed. If I’m a big time QB recruit, I would call up the top O line players and offer them incentives from my own pocket. Take my NIL deal and share the wealth. We all would make great money, look really good on the field, and ride off to make millions a few year later in the nfl.

This is what it will become. National titles to the highest bidder. It was probably basically that way anyway it was just under the table. A few more folks may be feeding at Bama, UGA and a handful of others table. I'm ok with it. College football is too top heavy now. Expand the playoff to as many teams as possible and get it over with.

Again, the product of buying into college players needing to be paid. Believing they are owed endorsement deals over no debt and a degree/NFL career if they finish. It's only a matter of time before the highest bidder becomes upset with the investment on the field.
Then they blame it on the Coach and fire the Coach. Couldn't be the Players....

As mentioned elsewhere, size of endowment does not equal money to players. Otherwise, Princeton etc would win the NC every year.

Reactions: kcvols1
If you are asking, surely you have read here as well as when it was posted in the national media that their benefactors formed a non- profit --- so anonymous donors forming a nonprofit -
the impression was that this was a group of alumni/boosters that got together - formed a brand new nonprofit organization - they didn't disclose who the donors consisted of - not sure with a nonprofit if it will ever be known.
Surely you understand that if the non - profit doesn't disclose the names of the individuals I would not have that information.

Again the impression is that it wasn't companies - but a newly formed nonprofit. If you need to know the name of the nonprofit - Surely you can look that up for us.
I can tell you that this helped lead Texas to having the number 1 recruiting class for offensive linemen in the country. Surely you can connect the dots.
There is a rumor by someone named slicedbread that A&M boosters were setting up NILs but dollar amounts were not disclosed etc. You stated that 10 lineman got 250k+ to sign with A&M. It is actually Texas that is offering 50k through a non profit NIL to linemen. Texas and Texas A&M are not the same school and not sure why you think they are. I dont believe any recruit will get any significant amount of money until they enroll in classes (if the money is coming from boosters).

There is a rumor by someone named slicedbread that A&M boosters were setting up NILs but dollar amounts were not disclosed etc. You stated that 10 lineman got 250k+ to sign with A&M. It is actually Texas that is offering 50k through a non profit NIL to linemen. Texas and Texas A&M are not the same school and not sure why you think they are. I dont believe any recruit will get any significant amount of money until they enroll in classes (if the money is coming from boosters).

In the comment you are commenting on I said it was Texas that formed a non profit etc. etc. etc. and that it helped lead them to successfully recruiting offensive linemen.

Here is what I said "I can tell you that this helped lead Texas to having the number 1 recruiting class for offensive linemen in the country." I am not sure how you got lost.

Harvard has more money than God in endowment.

Perhaps we come full circle and the programs which originated the sport soon dominate.

Most won't don't have the grade or test scores in get in, plus I don't image Harvard alums as the biggest fans of football. Lol

In the comment you are commenting on I said it was Texas that formed a non profit etc. etc. etc. and that it helped lead them to successfully recruiting offensive linemen.

Here is what I said "I can tell you that this helped lead Texas to having the number 1 recruiting class for offensive linemen in the country." I am not sure how you got lost.
Actually it's you that is lost. Texas A&M had the number 1 recruiting class. NOT TEXAS.

NIL is the wild west at the moment and will need to be regulated, much like every professional league. With NCAA under scrutiny, it will most likely be a while.

Agreed. If I’m a big time QB recruit, I would call up the top O line players and offer them incentives from my own pocket. Take my NIL deal and share the wealth. We all would make great money, look really good on the field, and ride off to make millions a few year later in the nfl.
why share my money instead of demanding it from the boosters?

Am I supposed to be upset with A&M?
Because I’m not, I’m actually really jealous!
Am I in the minority here?
I don’t like the whole “NIL” deal, but if we’re gonna do it, I would want my program going all in!
GBO!!
I would absolutely love to see the people who matter at UT put together a plan to supply the football program with the talent required to compete at the highest level. I'm rather disappointed that we're behind the curve here. If anything our boosters should be far hungrier and should have anticipated the possibilities beforehand.
Again, the product of buying into college players needing to be paid. Believing they are owed endorsement deals over no debt and a degree/NFL career if they finish. It's only a matter of time before the highest bidder becomes upset with the investment on the field.

This will be the fascinating part of NIL. As we all know even in recruiting classes full of studs, there will always be a few that don't pan out. Sometimes whole classes basically become unproductive for one reason or another. If a booster gets burned badly enough, are they going to throw in the towel? Will there be boosters to replace them or will current NIL heavyweights increase their input?Smart people tend to learn from their mistakes, so I'm inclined to think most would reduce their contributions. It's exciting and it'll be hilarious to watch.

Reactions: Majors
I wouldn't because the boosters have WAY better lawyers and accountants than I want to hire as a college QB. Take less, tell the boosters you'll take less IF........ and let them figure out the IRS crap.

If a QB is getting the NIL money and passing it under the table, the QB is still paying tax on all of it. No need. Let the boosters cut 8-10 checks instead of 1.

Reactions: Hyperion
So if it’s about the money now, I guess Jackson State was able to outbid all the big time programs who wanted Hunter right?

Thats some sound logic 😂😂😂😂

I remember the good ole days when we would get free double cheeseburgers and a honeybun and ice cream from Johnny’s Big Burger for a top 5 finish in a golf tournament. Who needed NIL money? That sh!+ was better than gold:eek:

VN Store

Back