Post on A&M paying players

What if doesn't say anything about being at a certain school but is contingent on living in a certain area? Like the town the school is located in. Tons of potential loopholes to make it work.
If there's only one CFB team in town, I think you'd still be going to jail on that one, you just might have the bonus of having your lawyer as a cellmate. The success of such transparent fraud is largely limited to TV, it tends to piss off judges and juries more than simply breaking the law. Everybody hates a cheat.

Sources? What was the NIL deal with UT and what corp was putting up the NIL money? The same with A&M?
The NIL deal with UT was over 200k a year. That’s what his family wanted until Texas AM doubled. Why would he sign here for half? I don’t know the Texas AM side. They gave us a chance to match and we declined.

If you guys don’t think this type of stuff is happening, you are blind. How did a team that underperforms each year sign such a great class?

Last edited:
College football is dead. We are in the Wild West days of some sort of bastard hybrid child of professional sports and pseudo-amateurism. What happens will be fascinating to watch unfold as it is in reality a grand social experiment. People will be alienated, powers will be toppled and crap will hit the fan, the floor and then bounce back up to the fan. Where will our place be in all of this? God knows. However, we are witnessing the final season of college football as it has been for a hundred years or so. I can’t help but wonder what Neyland would think.

Harvard has more money than God in endowment.

Perhaps we come full circle and the programs which originated the sport soon dominate.
There's a part of me that hopes this happens just to see the chaos and freak out it's likely to cause....

I can see it now. In a decade or so, a 30 for 30 segment titled, "Harvard, A Footbal Dynasty".... 🤣

It's illegal to condition an NIL to committing to or remaining at a certain school, so the second part about them not entering the Portal is either blatantly illegal or untrue. More likely it's not true, it seems more like an envious sour grapes fantasy by an OU fan.
Yea..... and until recently it used to be illegal to openly pay college athletes so we know that didn't happen... am I right?

College football is dead. We are in the Wild West days of some sort of bastard hybrid child of professional sports and pseudo-amateurism. What happens will be fascinating to watch unfold as it is in reality a grand social experiment. People will be alienated, powers will be toppled and crap will hit the fan, the floor and then bounce back up to the fan. Where will our place be in all of this? God knows. However, we are witnessing the final season of college football as it has been for a hundred years or so. I can’t help but wonder what Neyland would think.

I think...if we don't lose to much of the WHY we watch college football, that ultimately it COULD BECOME BETTER THAN BEFORE.

The NIL deal with UT was over 200k a year. That’s what his family wanted until Texas AM doubled. Why would he sign here for half? I don’t know the Texas AM side. They gave us a chance to match and we declined.

If you guys don’t think this type of stuff is happening, you are blind. How did a team that underperforms each year sign such a great class?

And especially the quantity and ratings of D line A&M signed this year. It speaks volumes

My only skepticism would be the dollar amount. But honestly, I have no clue what the players are getting paid; just seems like $1 - 1.2 mil average is pretty high, but who knows. The one interesting angle here --- with multi-year deals, they could end up being stuck with some of the busts. Normally these top programs try to push out some of the busts, but if they are getting paid, they may not be so eager to leave.

Add a performance clause of some sort. Maybe even an Antonio Brown clause wherein you end up with a player with an attitude problem, you've a means to dump them.

Reactions: murfvol1
Yea..... and until recently it used to be illegal to openly pay college athletes so we know that didn't happen... am I right?
Most people back then didn't tweet "hey I just paid this guy". This dude tweeted out some allegations that should be pretty easy to investigate.

If there's only one CFB team in town, I think you'd still be going to jail on that one, you just might have the bonus of having your lawyer as a cellmate. The success of such transparent fraud is largely limited to TV, it tends to piss off judges and juries more than simply breaking the law. Everybody hates a cheat.

So if you are a "local" company it would be illegal to require your "employee" to live in a certain area to better endorse your product? Seems like quite a stretch. Even though highly questionable considering they play for the local university could that really be proven to be illegal?

Not trying to argue with you and appreciate your insight. I just wonder about how all these deals could work out. Also, if these rules were cheated would it be an offense that could be prosecuted, and if so, who would be bringing the charges? Just feels like the wild west.

Again, the product of buying into college players needing to be paid. Believing they are owed endorsement deals over no debt and a degree/NFL career if they finish. It's only a matter of time before the highest bidder becomes upset with the investment on the field.

In money some trust. My how the mighty have fallen and in the process we have seen the material world completely gobble up the spiritual world. We will have to change our Maxims to “I gave my all for a bunch of Benjamins”.

Most people back then didn't tweet "hey I just paid this guy". This dude tweeted out some allegations that should be pretty easy to investigate.
True, they just posted pics of themselves with brand new Chargers and wads of cash... 😎

Reactions: kcvols1
Oh yeah. We couldn't see this bit of fiction coming from a mile away.
Why would it have to be fiction? Memphis got those two 5 star BB players at the last minute and it wasn’t because of their love for the school. Rumored to be 6 figure NIL deals. It’s going on.

I'm not a lawyer and I have no insight or knowledge regarding the legalities and boundaries of NIL. However, if allowable, they'll just write the agreement contingent upon performance. That way they can wash the "duds" out of the respective program.

It's not allowable. They can't premise NIL deals on performance.

That's why it'll be interesting to see how they deal with the busts if there are multi-year NIL deals.

Why would it have to be fiction? Memphis got those two 5 star BB players at the last minute and it wasn’t because of their love for the school. Rumored to be 6 figure NIL deals. It’s going on.
Some people just don’t understand the new world. We have TikTok stars making millions off endorsements. Why can’t college athletes do the same? It is hard for people to grasp that you can make money and not have a traditional 9 to 5 job.

Reactions: CSVol
True, they just posted pics of themselves with brand new Chargers and wads of cash... 😎
Those Alabama charger photos were photoshops as I recall and cash has always been untraceable, OP is talking about contracts and LLC's, which lead to tax returns, there's a paper trail there.

Most of the SEC schools are not in the same ball part as Texas and Texas A M with regard to resources to buy players.

Texas has the most money in the SEC in their endowment and Texas A M the second most. It's not even close. The same families that give to the endowment can easily give to the charities running the NIL.

Be prepared to always be behind those schools for talent.

Approximate endowment:
Texas 30.9 B
Texas AM 13.59 B
Florida 1.85 B
Tenn and most others come in around 1.2 - 1.5 B

Notre Dame, Standford, Duke, Southern Cal also way up there.

I am going to say that this is exactly what A M did.

Endowments are not used to play players. Endowments are subject to specific restrictions (Federal and State laws) . Texas has the 2nd largest endowment in the U.S. Here's an article on how it's set up and used.

UT now has the second largest endowment in the country. What does that mean?

What are the companies offering the 250K? Surely you have the names?

If you are asking, surely you have read here as well as when it was posted in the national media that their benefactors formed a non- profit --- so anonymous donors forming a nonprofit -
the impression was that this was a group of alumni/boosters that got together - formed a brand new nonprofit organization - they didn't disclose who the donors consisted of - not sure with a nonprofit if it will ever be known.
Surely you understand that if the non - profit doesn't disclose the names of the individuals I would not have that information.

Again the impression is that it wasn't companies - but a newly formed nonprofit. If you need to know the name of the nonprofit - Surely you can look that up for us.
I can tell you that this helped lead Texas to having the number 1 recruiting class for offensive linemen in the country. Surely you can connect the dots.

Reactions: CSVol

VN Store

Back