Poll: If Barnes Leaves...

If Barnes Leaves, would you welcome back Bruce?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not offensive as much as just plain stupid. Whattayathink TN owns the man?
Grudenite mindset.......Pearl likely giggling about the matter if it even enters his mind at all. He doesn't have any desire to come back here when he can get to the FF at Auburn.

Coaches that have performed the best relative to the talent/experience on the roster over the past three years. (Using Kenpom / 247 recruiting)

1. Mark Few (Gonzaga)
2. Tony Bennett (Virginia)
3. Randy Bennett (Saint Mary's)
4. Bob Richey (Furman)
5. Mike Young (Wofford -> Virginia Tech)
6. Steve Forbes (ETSU)
7. Craig Smith (Utah State)
8. Chris Jans (New Mexico State)
9. Chris Beard (Texas Tech)

11. Ritchie McKay (Liberty)
17. John Brannen (Northern Kentucky)
18. Casey Alexander (Lipscomb)

24. Rick Barnes (Tennessee)

42. Matt McMahon (Murray State)
44. Eric Musselman (Nevada -> Arkansas)
45. Gregg Marshall (Wichita State)

Last edited:
Tweets not looking good. could know soon.
With Barnes so protective of his assistants I would say, if he leaves, fulmer offered nothing to the Barnes assistant coaches. Rumored, same reason he left Texas.

I initially voted no, but Auburn fans have been so intolerable the last three weeks that I kind of hope this happens.

Reactions: maotai
Bruce’s buyout is 6 million and Barnes’ is 5 million. Not hard to get a million to make up the difference and give Bruce a million dollar salary bump over Auburn.

Giddy up.

No one does a coaching search like UT!
Gruden coaches basketball? SOON!

Coaches that have performed the best relative to the talent/experience on the roster over the past three years. (Using Kenpom / 247 recruiting)

1. Mark Few (Gonzaga)
4. Bob Richey (Furman)
6. Steve Forbes (ETSU)

18. Casey Alexander (Liberty)

Casey Alexander is at Lipscomb. at #18.

Good thing Barkley is not rich and battled bankruptcy over the last decade or so

I can’t say if it’s true or not, but the “net worth” sites have him at 40 to 45 million as of 2019.

Although that doesn’t seem like the type of $ that puts millions in for a coach at their old school.

I can’t say if it’s true or not, but the “net worth” sites have him at 40 to 45 million as of 2019.

Although that doesn’t seem like the type of $ that puts millions in for a coach at their old school.

Here's the thing..... I think Tennessee would be the school that Bruce would seriously listen too. Sure Auburn could pony up and make an offer but they can't make him sign it.

Reactions: Ratvol

1. Mark Few (Gonzaga)
4. Bob Richey (Furman)
6. Steve Forbes (ETSU)

18. Casey Alexander (Lipscomb)

If Barnes leaves, I would take Chris Beard in a heart beat.

Coach for coach. I would love to see Barnes stay. Love Pearl as a coach, thought he should have never left. 90% of the coaches likely hide little and major infractions from the NCAA (which is lying and cheating) but, have not gotten caught. I 'm not sure in the long run that the risk is worth what it does to our image and how much more closely the NCAA will be watching for a slip up. Barnes has a load of respect for how he runs a clean program. That said, I don't think Pearl would be an option. He's not leaving Auburn and I don't think Fulmer would pursue him. It is the perfect fit, that's just not meant to be.

He left Texas because they fired him.
"Barnes confirmed Patterson told him a few days ago he had to fire members of his coaching staff or be fired himself. That ultimatum was leaked to the media Thursday, publicly turning up the pressure on Barnes and his assistants. Barnes blamed the leaks on the athletic department but didn't name any individuals behind them."

All this talk about Bruce is silly. When he was here he had his agent sending out feelers to other programs. He was shopping around for a “better” job and probably would have left given the chance. Bruce is always looking out for Bruce.

All this talk about Bruce is silly. When he was here he had his agent sending out feelers to other programs. He was shopping around for a “better” job and probably would have left given the chance. Bruce is always looking out for Bruce.

Source?

VN Store

Back