Poll: If Barnes Leaves...

If Barnes Leaves, would you welcome back Bruce?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread is a complete waste of time. Barnes is not leaving.
True...but we may have to pay him...national COY probably earned a raise.

The Bruins have had a winding coaching search since parting ways with Steve Alford on Dec. 31. Among the names that have been linked to the UCLA coaching search in the last week have been Jamie Dixon and Mick Cronin. Dixon's $8 million buyout with TCU — a sum the Bruins were unwilling to pay — kept a deal from getting done.

Barnes signed a contract extension with Tennessee last fall, giving him an annual salary of $3.25 million, the second-highest in the SEC, behind Kentucky's John Calipari. Under that extension, Barnes' buyout is $5 million.

Reactions: kxtop
Rick is gone - would not have gone this far with it if he is not serious. He essentially is starting over at UT after losing most of squad to NBA and graduation. Steve Forbes may be the pick - they could do a lot worse. Forbes is a master at transfers and JUCO gems. Phil has his work cut out for him with 2 key jobs open. Major rebuilding job once again but the past 2 years were really special.

True...but we may have to pay him...national COY probably earned a raise.

The Bruins have had a winding coaching search since parting ways with Steve Alford on Dec. 31. Among the names that have been linked to the UCLA coaching search in the last week have been Jamie Dixon and Mick Cronin. Dixon's $8 million buyout with TCU — a sum the Bruins were unwilling to pay — kept a deal from getting done.

Barnes signed a contract extension with Tennessee last fall, giving him an annual salary of $3.25 million, the second-highest in the SEC, behind Kentucky's John Calipari. Under that extension, Barnes' buyout is $5 million.

FWIW, Alford was sitting behind our bench at the UK game (maybe MSU?) a few weeks back in TBA.

Rick is gone - would not have gone this far with it if he is not serious.

I think so too, UCLA probably doubled his salary, and everybody at UT is jumping ship. CRB realizes the cupboard is bare with no significant development of his last two recruiting classes. He did good here, but next year will be running on fumes. At UCLA, he has a better chance to win a NC, the one feather missing from his cap, which I think he still aspires to.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Rick is gone - would not have gone this far with it if he is not serious. He essentially is starting over at UT after losing most of squad to NBA and graduation. Steve Forbes may be the pick - they could do a lot worse. Forbes is a master at transfers and JUCO gems. Phil has his work cut out for him with 2 key jobs open. Major rebuilding job once again but the past 2 years were really special.

At his age, starting over and attempting to rebuild a program when you're in the last decade of your career. No way he leaves.

I’ve grown to hate Bruce’s style of basketball, but I’ll like it when it benefits my team again!

I would welcome Bruce back, but I hope Barnes stays and I don't have to.

And for those that are saying F#$k Barnes for talking to UCLA, this is business. I have zero problem with someone bettering themselves. Fans are far more loyal to programs than coaches and players are. You need to get over yourselves.

VN Store

Back