Poll: If Barnes Leaves...

If Barnes Leaves, would you welcome back Bruce?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

Bruce’s buyout is 6 million and Barnes’ is 5 million. Not hard to get a million to make up the difference and give Bruce a million dollar salary bump over Auburn.

Giddy up.

No one does a coaching search like UT!

we definitely should have this **** down to a science by now!

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Good thing Barkley is not rich and battled bankruptcy over the last decade or so

He is the reason Bruce is there to begin with and he can raise the money to keep him there.

I don't think this will be an option regardless of what happens with Barnes. I don't think Barnes will leave.....Family man and Christian has no business in LA.....

UCLA is not the School it was and dealing with all the drama and crazies is not Barnes cup of tea. If it is then so be it.... Just don't see it.... Fans are not as passionate there anymore as they use to be. Too many other choices other than UCLA Basketball.....

It would make more sense for them to go after Pearl than Barnes.....

He is the reason Bruce is there to begin with and he can raise the money to keep him there.

I don't think this will be an option regardless of what happens with Barnes. I don't think Barnes will leave.....Family man and Christian has no business in LA.....

UCLA is not the School it was and dealing with all the drama and crazies is not Barnes cup of tea. If it is then so be it.... Just don't see it.... Fans are not as passionate there anymore as they use to be. Too many other choices other than UCLA Basketball.....

It would make more sense for them to go after Pearl than Barnes.....

Surprised Deacon Barnes is letting this news go on during a Sunday!

Surprised Deacon Barnes is letting this news go on during a Sunday!

Just read an article that he is not allowed to comment on this at all.....this is all UCLA Propaganda ..... As far as we know UCLA may be misinterpreting his reply...We may never know....it's a 24 hour news cycle at the first of the week featuring the Naismith Coach of the Year.

Plus he evidently has no control over it.....and may have been used......

They are nothing alike.
Bruce has served his time. Can’t be punished twice.

Dumb comparison
He is still under investigation by the FBI. He refused to speak to the Auburn AD about the investigation. One of his assistants was indicted and convicted in a bribery scheme related to recruiting, under Bruce's watch. This isn't past transgressions it new.

Dumb is not being aware of current events.

Reactions: sbm362 and i2amavol
He is still under investigation by the FBI. He refused to speak to the Auburn AD about the investigation. One of his assistants was indicted and convicted in a bribery scheme related to recruiting, under Bruce's watch. This isn't past transgressions it new.

Everyone and their brother has been leaked and named in the investigation. If Bruce had any hand in it, it would have been known by now

Reactions: Big time vol
I have 0 worries about any coaches in the shoe payment scandal. Calipari's had players linked. Roy Williams' players are linked. Bill Self's players are linked. Coach K's players are linked and so are many others. The NCAA would fold up shop before it'd go after all those people. I don't expect anything to come from this from them. Just like the Syracuse and UNC academic scandals were just swept under the rug.

Really liked the Bruce Pearl while he was at UT. Sure wish he had not gotten into the trouble that led to his dismissal. I'd bet that this boat has sailed and him coming back to UT will never happen. FWIW I still like him as a coach!

Everyone and their brother has been leaked and named in the investigation. If Bruce had any hand in it, it would have been known by now
Something Donnie Tyndall would say for $1000, Alex. The NCAA hasn't even began their investigation and won't until the FBI has concluded theirs. They will likely turn over their evidence to the NCAA. There will likely be infractions that don't rise to the level of criminal indictment but would be NCAA infractions. Believe what you will but Bruce is not out of the woods yet. I like Bruce but he's as radioactive as chyrnoble.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I can't for the life of me see why Barnes would want to go to UCLA. No doubt, UCLA is a prestige job, but Barnes is almost 65 years old. Does he really want to start over again when he has a good thing going here? He's close to home and he's never coached on the West Coach before. He'd leave a high-paying job where he's a hero for a job where expectations are to go to the Final Four every few years.

The media is saying he'd definitely take the job if offered, but just seems very odd to me. Given the situation there, he probably wouldn't even be competitive till 2022 at the earliest.

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Something Donnie Tyndall would say for $1000, Alex. The NCAA hasn't even began their investigation and won't until the FBI has concluded theirs. They will likely turn over their evidence to the NCAA. There will likely be infractions that don't rise to the level of criminal indictment but would be NCAA infractions. Believe what you will but Bruce is not out of the woods yet. I like Bruce but he's as radioactive as chyrnoble.

If someone like Pearl who everyone is looking to hang out to dry hasn’t been leaked or placed in a scene of a crime in regards to the pay scandal by now, it’s most likely he has nothing on him.

It’s 2019... crap will leak before it’s official. Especially for a coach who everyone is rooting for to be guilty

If someone like Pearl who everyone is looking to hang out to dry hasn’t been leaked or placed in a scene of a crime in regards to the pay scandal by now, it’s most likely he has nothing on him.

It’s 2019... crap will leak before it’s official. Especially for a coach who everyone is rooting for to be guilty
There's a crap load in that investigation that's not public knowledge.

I’ve seen you post for a while, and your tales are ALWAYS awful.

Seriously. This type of person is the reason why tennessee athletics is what it is. This type of person.

VN Store

Back