Per Doug Gottlieb In ESPN The Magazine

If we were going for a new coach, would you attempt to offer any assistance to Hamilton?
Upon the request of a mutual associate, I made the mistake of offering President Douchebag some advice when Perterson was fired. It became obvious very quickly that this administration has a completely different idea of how to run a basketball program than the one I hold.

What is your theory on what Hamilton expects? Does he actually want to win championships or just floor a respectable team?

This Vols team is just not going to be very good unless 1) the team defense improves, and 2) another dependable scorer emerges. Smith is a good player but a 'tweener, and has to work VERY HARD for his points. Chism works hard, rebounds and is getting better as a scorer, but he's erratic, and that's about it on offense. Tatum has his moments but is very inconsistent and is a freshman; Maze has potential but is new; Prince is very overrated--limited skill set, not a fan; Williams has potential but it's not being truly realized, and the others are "lanky" freshman who are tying to adjust to a new game. We might struggle to make the tourney. That said, I'm not down on Pearl at all cuz some key kids are freshmen. The man has been great for UT basketball.

Lets get a new coach, drop the first few home games of the season next year to Middle Tenn St. and U.T. Martin, read the post game 103 report from Hat dogging the team and new coach. Hat would have a great unobstructed view with the rows in front of him empty so I would say his posts would improve. At least I could get a great seat for a decent price in TBA as I sit their reliving the good ole days before CBP. Seems to have worked out great for Kentucky and Arkansas getting rid of Tubby and Nolan!! Coach K should go next he hasnt been in a final four since 03. I quess some of you forget when beating teams like ETSU, Western Kentucky and UNC Asheville wer not a lock. Get real folks!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get a new coach, drop the first few home games of the season next year to Middle Tenn St. and U.T. Martin, read the post game 103 report from Hat dogging the team and new coach. Hat would have a great unobstructed view with the rows in front of him empty so I would say his posts would improve. At least I could get a great seat for a decent price in TBA as I sit their reliving the good ole days before CBP. Seems to have worked out great for Kentucky and Arkansas getting rid of Tubby and Nolan!! Coach K should go next he hasnt been in a final four since 03. I quess some of you forget when beating teams like ETSU, Western Kentucky and UNC Asheville wer not a lock. Get real folks!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, more brilliance from the "Who ya gonna git?" crowd.

I guess you forget that a coach as incompetent as Jerry Green made the NCAA Tournament four straight years at UT.

Comparing a guy who has never advanced past the round of 16 to three guys with national titles on their resumes. Brilliant.

Yeah look at our attendance records even during the Jerry Green era. Nobody even gave a crap when we made the sweet 16 back then. I remember following ETSU when MR. Jennings, Talford, Story, English and all those guys played because they were EXCITING to watch and won ball games. I attended those games and followed the team because of the style of play. For whatever reason fans love attending games at TBA now mostly because of Pearl's style of play and because the insane success he has had. I am not saying follow him blindly but show some freakin loyalty!! If he wants to leave on his own will then fine, the talk of we would be better off without him is ludicrous.

Comparing a guy who has never advanced past the round of 16 to three guys with national titles on their resumes. Brilliant.

By the way Coach K started Duke in 1980 and won his first NCAA Championship 11 years later. Nolan started 1985 at Arky and won his Championship in 1994. Tubby did win his first year but never did again, YET!! Dont count CBP out yet. I dont want to be sitting here thinking what might have been a decade from now.

I thought the same thing. But Hat is right that it would be a dumb move for the Wizards. I think Bruce Pearl's scheme is fine for college, but would be torn apart in the pros. I'm sure he would adapt it, but if I were Grunfeld, I would go after someone who runs more of an NBA type offense.

I disagree, defense in not stressed at the pro level either.

I love it when people who obviously don't watch the NBA make blanket proclamations about what is emphasized in the League.

Wonder if idiots like him know that the greatness of Pat Riley is that he shifted the paradigm in the NBA?

Not a big NBA fan for that reason. Havent followed since the Bird Magic era. Only pro crap I see is primarily highlights. If thats what you call them. You might see D in the playoffs, for the most part its dunkfest or 3 point shoot out.

Not a big NBA fan for that reason. Havent followed since the Bird Magic era. Only pro crap I see is primarily highlights. If thats what you call them. You might see D in the playoffs, for the most part its dunkfest or 3 point shoot out.
again clueless.

Come'on now, the NBA isn't that bad...but I do know what you mean. Give it another shot, you may like it. Honestly, I've really enjoyed it over the past few years and plus the Hawks are back, baby! Well, sort of...

VN Store

Back