Other OC’s we’d be happy with

I don't know who runs the offense for Valdosta St or what system they run, but they average over 8yrds per play and can put up some points
I wonder if someone like this would even be on their radar and is so would they be given fair consideration?

All these insiders are missing the obvious....Freddie Kitchens (Next Tennessee Volunteers OC)

Dude, Tee just got fired and had a terrible offense. Are you on drugs? If Tee wasn’t a VFL his name would not be mentioned.

Canada and Enos have been fired before. While having worse numbers than Tee.

He has a better resume than Enos. Comparable to Canda with a better offense. Not this 60/40 run/pass Arkansas cap that didn't work in the SEC.

Tee is not a better candidate than Freeze, Kingsbury, Briles, or an NFL guy.

He is better than the Enos, Friend tier easily.

Nice intelligent response. You made a whole bunch of nice points.

Whoever we end up with I think it’s very important they have proven OC experience. We can’t promote someone to this position right now.

The team is too broken in too many areas and an experienced OC would remove some pressure from CJP.

Reactions: Volatility
Another name I haven't really heard mentioned that's interesting is ND OC Chip Long. Thoughts?

We couldn't throw the ball because our line couldn't block long enough to get a pass away.

You are right that our line limited us a ton. You can also help them somewhat with scheme. We got blown out by Florida by playcalling being too conservative and not trying to stretch the field. We showed in the Auburn game and later that you can throw a quick deep ball with little protection. Even if not completed, it loosens the defense.

Chip Long and Mike Yurcich are two names I heard being thrown around earlier by the clowns on 1340.
GBO!!

John Brice reporting we're going after;

OK St OC Mike Yurich
Troy HC Neal Brown
Houston OC Kendall Briles
an Unnamed SEC OC who isnt Dan Enos

People can laugh.....but Charlotte got a heck of a coach and a great person to be around . He made The Peay relevant! That takes an act of Congress.
Lots of schools passed on him last yr and will regret it, but I totally understand why.

Yep

Canada and Enos have been fired before. While having worse numbers than Tee.

He has a better resume than Enos. Comparable to Canda with a better offense. Not this 60/40 run/pass Arkansas cap that didn't work in the SEC.

Tee is not a better candidate than Freeze, Kingsbury, Briles, or an NFL guy.

He is better than the Enos, Friend tier easily.

Nice intelligent response. You made a whole bunch of nice points.

You're overselling Tee and his accomplishments as a coach. Three years at USC as OC, two of which he shared responsibilities with Tyson Helton. This was his first year with sole responsibility and it led to him being fired.

You're overselling Tee and his accomplishments as a coach. Three years at USC as OC, two of which he shared responsibilities with Tyson Helton. This was his first year with sole responsibility and it led to him being fired.
He never shared responsibilities. He got input from Tyson and made all the decisions. Same setup as when he was pgc and Clay was OC.

What you said has been debunked many times.

He never shared responsibilities. He got input from Tyson and made all the decisions. Same setup as when he was pgc and Clay was OC.

What you said has been debunked many times.

Has it? Then why is he currently unemployed?

I like Tee, but he needs to take a step back, maybe be a position coach again, and work his way back up. He would be best served apprenticing himself to another offensive minded coach and learning new techniques to add to his own schemes.

I personally think they need someone who has been a proven OC in the SEC who can also help pull in recruits. I thought Lindsey would have been a solid hire but Pruitt has passed on him twice now for some reason.

I think Kitchens or Quarles would be solid hires.

Canada could be good but like other posters have said, he has been fired a few times and wasn’t successful at LSU with lots of talent, except maybe at QB. He did get Nathan Peterman drafted at Pitt and did a good job at Maryland this year.

I think Kendall Briles would be intriguing but his system may not align with what Pruitt wants to do.

I like Enos as well because he knows what Pruitt wants to do. I’m not sure he is as good of a qb coach as people say because most Bama qb’s are game managers except for Tua, who is a unique talent.

I think Brown from Troy is also an interesting name but I am not sure he would step down from HC to OC.

I don’t think Probst or any current HS coach should be considered for OC but could be a position coach as some point. I’m not aware of any HS coaches going straight into the OC position at a major program without starting out at quality control or position coach first.

I’m not sure what direction I would go, Pruitt just needs someone h trusts completely so he and his assistant coaches aren’t all trying to dictate the play calling.

John Brice reporting we're going after;

OK St OC Mike Yurich
Troy HC Neal Brown
Houston OC Kendall Briles
an Unnamed SEC OC who isnt Dan Enos

It really seems like Brice is just lurching his way through this. There doesn't appear to have been any consistent narrative throughout this process.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back