Ok, what was it that did us in after half-time?

Went in with momentum starting the half. After the goalie stand.

You can't start the half giving the other team 2 scores without them having to earn it with their offense. Even if they are both fgs. Especially when they have a dominant defense.
Defense played well until they ran out of gas and hope.
OL got it handed to them most of the game. And while that is an excellent front 7 you can't get ripped that bad upfront.
JG just is what he is. A very average SEC QB. When we played legit Ds the game is moving too fast for him. Before and after the snap.

-Terrible OL and RB protection
-Terrible recognition and internal clock by JG
-Terrible tackling
-Terrible containment
-Terrible offensive playcalling
-Penalties galore
-Little recognition and adjustment from the staff

The stats were lopsided at halftime. We just made a few big plays that swung the score. If you only looked at first half stats, you would have guessed at least a 14 point deficit.

Then you throw in 4 turnovers in the second half, and the same statistical dominance by Ga, we’re luck it wasn’t by two TDs more.

Reactions: 08Vol
Went in with momentum starting the half. After the goalie stand.

You can't start the half giving the other team 2 scores without them having to earn it with their offense. Even if they are both fgs. Especially when they have a dominant defense.
Defense played well until they ran out of gas and hope.
OL got it handed to them most of the game. And while that is an excellent front 7 you can't get ripped that bad upfront.
JG just is what he is. A very average SEC QB. When we played legit Ds the game is moving too fast for him. Before and after the snap.
I don't disagree with any of this but I'll add the offensive line was supposed to be the strength of this team but they got beaten soundly tonight. When that happens the D Coordinator can pretty much do whatever he wants to pressure wise. He was in Chaney's head all game, they knew what he was running most of the time. In a scale of blame if go OL, OC, JG in that order.

Mistakes/un-disciplined team

Tennessee was playing a good team. They made mistakes in the first half and it kept Tennessee from having a larger lead.

You can’t keep making mistakes vs good teams.

Pruitt was supposed to bring discipline.....he hasn’t.

I also remember him saying “his” DB’s were going to be right up on the receivers.....they seem to play quite a bit off the ball.

Tennessee was down on players....and had a lack of discipline.

Tennessee was down on talent....and had a lack of discipline.

Tennessee has made much strides in their roster.......but still has a lack of discipline.

I’m simply tired of the excuses.

To be fair, we were lucky to have 21 points by halftime in the first place. The 1st TD was a crazy fluke. The next 2 were long heaves that we were lucky enough to come down with, when our offense otherwise wasn't doing anything at all.

Reactions: 08Vol and 901Vol
To be fair, we were lucky to have 21 points by halftime in the first place. The 1st TD was a crazy fluke. The next 2 were long heaves that we were lucky enough to come down with, when our offense otherwise wasn't doing anything at all.

Everything is on the Oline. Heart and soul of a team is in the trenches and tonight they just didn’t come to play.

You can blame JG all you want and there’s plenty of blame but you know what you have in him and so does the team. If you’re allowing the other team to get constant penetration and pressure you know he’s going to make stupid decisions.

Reactions: theFallGuy
I don't disagree with any of this but I'll add the offensive line was supposed to be the strength of this team but they got beaten soundly tonight. When that happens the D Coordinator can pretty much do whatever he wants to pressure wise. He was in Chaney's head all game, they knew what he was running most of the time. In a scale of blame if go OL, OC, JG in that order.
Oh I agree. They got handled up front. Soundly.

When that happens against that defense you re not going to find many OCs that look smart.
UGA didn't think JG was good enough to beat them so they attacked the run game. Got us in obvious pass downs and teed off.

It became obvious that our playcalling was crap when after 2 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half of intense pressure on the QB, which led to 6 points, that we continued to call plays that took a long time for the receivers to get open. That's on Chaney. We should have called plays that rely on the QB getting the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible, instead of calling plays that take too long to set up when we're only down 1 possession.

It became obvious that our playcalling was crap when after 2 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half of intense pressure on the QB, which led to 6 points, that we continued to call plays that took a long time for the receivers to get open. That's on Chaney. We should have called plays that rely on the QB getting the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible, instead of calling plays that take too long to set up when we're only down 1 possession.
Chaney should've called u for this brilliant conclusion

This game wasn't hard to understand. Kudos to us for taking advantage of that bad UGA fumble and the bad decision for UGA to go for it on our side of the field. I loved watching us get the fourth down stop going into the half too. However, once UGA settled down and stopped making careless mistakes, they dominated because they're better than us at every position.

The 2 turnovers to start the half just cant happen.

We took the pressure off their QB and in turn it went on ours.

VN Store

Back