Ok, what was it that did us in after half-time?

There are limited opportunities to hit 50/50 balls against UGA . The windows on passes are much much smaller. Counting on this , UGA sat on the run gaps , pass rushed with abandon and blitzed from everywhere. They man covered with no fear They put more in the box than we had blockers. They basically dared JG to hit the short and intermediate routes. He could not. If he could have , he would have got a positive blocker to rusher ratio and the run game would have worked. There would have been no blitzes. He would have had more time . He would have had time to target the man coverage downfield.

This single read check down stuff if going to work against the rank an file SEC ...but it won't against the elite. UGA just put the script on TV as to how to shut JG down. He has to go thru progressions , take advantage of blitzes and take the defense out of the box. Ever wonder why nobody would blitz Manning ? Because he would make them pay rather than stand like a deer in the headlights

There are limited opportunities to hit 50/50 balls against UGA . The windows on passes are much much smaller. Counting on this , UGA sat on the run gaps , pass rushed with abandon and blitzed from everywhere. They man covered with no fear They put more in the box than we had blockers. They basically dared JG to hit the short and intermediate routes. He could not. If he could have , he would have got a positive blocker to rusher ratio and the run game would have worked. There would have been no blitzes. He would have had more time . He would have had time to target the man coverage downfield.

This single read check down stuff if going to work against the rank an file SEC ...but it won't against the elite. UGA just put the script on TV as to how to shut JG down. He has to go thru progressions , take advantage of blitzes and take the defense out of the box. Ever wonder why nobody would blitz Manning ? Because he would make them pay rather than stand like a deer in the headlights

Hard to go through progressions constantly under pressure, this loss falls squarely onto the olineman. I think Wright whiffed on enough blocks in this one game to cover the rest of his career.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Hard to go through progressions constantly under pressure, this loss falls squarely onto the olineman. I think Wright whiffed on enough blocks in this one game to cover the rest of his career.
Let’s not forget the RB’s, they couldn’t block me and I’m 54 and out of shape

Reactions: 08Vol
For some reason TN seems to struggle after the half in games but the other team seems to always make the right adjustments against us.
One thing I'm seeing right now is Kiffin learned something at AL that Pruitt didn't because at the moment Ole Miss is up on Bama:eek: hahah

2 JG turnovers completely sucked all life out of the offense.

You are right; football is a game of momentums, and those turnovers gave ga. the momentum and sucked the life out of ut. Take the turnovers away and it is a close game, that was winnable for us. The qb can't just stand in the pocket and not move up in the pocket or out of the pocket on plays. I am watching bama and ole miss and noticed on several occassions both qb would have been sacked except for their mobililty, which jg doesn't have much, and would have been sacked as bama qb or ole miss qb, and they turned them into positive plays.

UGA is better than us. JG is terrible and we don’t have the horses to run with the big guys. It’s going to take elite coaching to pull us out of this.

Pruitt needs to prove himself or we need to get someone amazing no matter the cost.

The offense faced the best defense in the country. It’s not complicated. Line couldn’t block, and Guarantano folded. The defense played well until they ran out of gas.
Yep. We shouldn’t overreact. Our offense is not there yet. It was painful to watch, but Georgia’s front 7 is insane.

JG plain and simple. Defense played their hearts out and got tired
When you can't protect the QB and can't run the ball, and commit numerous stupid penalties, it's not the QB's fault by any stretch of reasonableness. When given time, JG made very good throws. He was near perfect in the first half when he had time to throw. When you rush for -1 yds. for the game, you are going to lose badly 99.99% of the time. Our OL played much worse than JG. I would not have believed we couldn't rush for more than 50 yds.

Reactions: theFallGuy
We should have run the ball and punted instead we let Chaney and Jg drop back. Then after field goals we finally do punt them deep and flip the field and as usual a Georgia kicker flips the field right back and we just kept playing nervous football right into their hands

And when you don’t have a quarterback back who can improvise you’re screwed against the big boys

When you can't protect the QB and can't run the ball, and commit numerous stupid penalties, it's not the QB's fault by any stretch of reasonableness. When given time, JG made very good throws. He was near perfect in the first half when he had time to throw. When you rush for -1 yds. for the game, you are going to lose badly 99.99% of the time. Our OL played much worse than JG. I would not have believed we couldn't rush for more than 50 yds.
3 straight turnovers on JG was the tipping point in the game was it not?

Reactions: Remy and cgrish
I don't disagree with any of this but I'll add the offensive line was supposed to be the strength of this team but they got beaten soundly tonight. When that happens the D Coordinator can pretty much do whatever he wants to pressure wise. He was in Chaney's head all game, they knew what he was running most of the time. In a scale of blame if go OL, OC, JG in that order.

I go jg all the way, because at the start of the 3rd quarter we had the lead. It is when jg's turnovers started it changed the whole game. And oc has to keep plays simple for jg, if you notice when maurer played last year he had a much more wide open offense. The qb play was the difference in the game imo. And I base that on how we played the first half before the turnovers.

JG went to his locker, called for Jobu to help him hit the curve ball, and Jobu said, "eff you"
Since we are surmising, I imagine JG may have said something at half to piss the line off. JG then continued to crap the bed with intentional half ass line play.

Reactions: cgrish
GA quit screwing up as badly as they did during the first half. That was what made it look competitive early when it really wasn’t.

This team isn’t ready for prime time. It isn’t close. Lots of football left to play to either get closer . . . or to just show more evidence as to why they aren’t much better than last season.

That and 5th year QBs that don’t know what throwing the ball away means

Or stepping up in the pocket or running out of the pocket, jg believers have blamed everyone but him for his bad play. You should watch the bama ole miss game and see how much time their qb get to throw or move up or out of the pocket to keep from getting sacked. There were several times all jg had to do was step up in the pocket and deliver a pass.

VN Store

Back