Official Coaching Search Thread

giphy.gif

Not going to happen in this lifetime....
tenor.gif

Malzahn would be a solid hire that immediately gives us an upgrade from Pruitt, and stabilizes the program and recruiting. With the potential exodus of auburn players to k-town, it could also patch up our roster.

Beyond that, there’s some good options - I highly doubt that Tennessee touches Freeze with the baggage but I could be wrong - and I believe we’ll ultimately go with someone like a Chadwell.

We could do a whole lot worse than Chadwell manning the offense and Steele being the interim Auburn stabilizer guy who winds up as Defensive Coordinator.

Gonna say it . Freeze to the Hill! Out of all the bad hires we have had I can handle a GOOD coach with a little baggage. After reading a lot of these reports of what he had done and knowing how the media likes to dash a little BS to it give the man another chance. We’re already at rock bottom only up from here.

Hell would have to Freeze over for that to happen.

Fisher would be an amazing hire, in the same magnitude as Rick Barnes for basketball. long career of success, will develop players, and have them ready to play on Saturdays. and he's relatively young somehow

Jesus here is yet another misinformed poster. Ok so you used Barnes. So let’s see before Barnes came to TN he had coached college basketball for 26 years and never went a stretch of year where he wasn’t a HC. He was successful at Providence, Clemson and Texas before coming here.

Jeff Fisher is a below average coach whom has amassed barely a .500 record over a few decades. He got fired for getting progressively worse. He is 62 years old and has NEVER coached a down in college football. He is an old school type of coach that has been out of coaching for almost 5 years.

Basically he is an older Pruitt with less experience at the college level.

VN Store

Back