Official Coaching Search Thread

Malzahan- with Steele on staff has zero chance. Steele tried to undermine Gus.

Freeze- we all would love it but we also know it will never happen. TN doesn’t believe in redemption.

Fisher- old school coach. Been out of coaching for 5 years. Got progressively worse and has never coached at the college level or recruited.

Steele- big time HC loser. Tons of experience as a coordinator.

Marrone- loser with some college experience

I would LOVE Jeff Fisher to be hired here... The people that talk bad about him have no idea how to contextuualize what he's gone through fighting the process of moving TWO NFL teams, a crazy GM destroying the salary cap in the mid '00s, and an owner drafting a mentally retarded QB from Texas...

Dude is a great football mind...

Yes, he is great football mind, and I loved when he coached titans, and loved the gutsy calls when was with the Rams. College Football and NFL coaching is completely different, not in execution of the game, but in the administration of formulating a team and maturity levels of players. Could he adapt to recruiting, and dealing with players straight out of high school?

I don't care who they hire as long as they :

1. UNDERSTAND WHAT TENNESSEE MEANS TO SO MANY
2. Have Head Coaching experience
3. Be able to recruit quality young men that can make a difference.
4. Keep the elite talent in the State and show them why UT is a place that WILL WIN.
5. Can manage a team, staff and game and make adjustments when needed.
6. Can not be determined to hire friends just because they can, go after and get the BEST coaches.
7. Be able to communicate with the Students, Fans and Media and prove you can do what you say.
8. Win when you should and BEAT OUR RIVALS !!!!
Wake up
I don't care who they hire as long as they :

1. UNDERSTAND WHAT TENNESSEE MEANS TO SO MANY
2. Have Head Coaching experience
3. Be able to recruit quality young men that can make a difference.
4. Keep the elite talent in the State and show them why UT is a place that WILL WIN.
5. Can manage a team, staff and game and make adjustments when needed.
6. Can not be determined to hire friends just because they can, go after and get the BEST coaches.
7. Be able to communicate with the Students, Fans and Media and prove you can do what you say.
8. Win when you should and BEAT OUR RIVALS !!!!
wake up, you were dreaming

Yes, he is great football mind, and I loved when he coached titans, and loved the gutsy calls when was with the Rams. College Football and NFL coaching is completely different, not in execution of the game, but in the administration of formulating a team and maturity levels of players. Could he adapt to recruiting, and dealing with players straight out of high school?

I think a guy like Fisher is probably actually more suited for college than the NFL... I think he's a fantastic players coach, his players always played hard for him... I think he's got massive upside and has atleast had success at the next level... Recruiting is a question mark, no denying that...

Malzahan- with Steele on staff has zero chance. Steele tried to undermine Gus.

Freeze- we all would love it but we also know it will never happen. TN doesn’t believe in redemption.

Fisher- old school coach. Been out of coaching for 5 years. Got progressively worse and has never coached at the college level or recruited.

Steele- big time HC loser. Tons of experience as a coordinator.

Marrone- loser with some college experience

Tired of all of these old school breed of coaches. They are all losers and/or cheaters. We should go with younger guys with creative offensive ideas. Hire lights out DC. And try and score some points. Sick of trying to win games 20-17.

Back up a Brinks truck to Matt Campbell's house in Ames, Iowa. Then ask him how many more trucks he needs. Stop there, you don't need to go any further than him. He would be the guy to ride.

But, I am pretty sure that won't happen. Nor will Freeze or Kiffin. Napier waiting on LSU.

So, with that said, I would hire Jamey Chadwell and be done with it because we could do so much worse.

National media is already throwing around the names of Marrone, Scott Satterfield, Mike Houston, Shawn Clark, etc. I'm not excited about any of that mess. I've got to have hope that UT makes the right call but Peyton Manning is heading up the search and I'm afraid he's going to go with one of his NFL buddies.

I think a guy like Fisher is probably actually more suited for college than the NFL... I think he's a fantastic players coach, his players always played hard for him... I think he's got massive upside and has atleast had success at the next level... Recruiting is a question mark, no denying that...
No more defensive coaches.

Wake up

wake up, you were dreaming
Why's this dreaming ? They are out there and we have had them in Football and Basketball before so why not get one now ? If you shoot for the stars more times than not you'll get something better than what you would at first settle for. It is time to shoot for the stars, we have settled long enough.

VN Store

Back