Official Coaching Search Thread

If Tennessee is about to get slapped by the NCAA with major sanctions which looks very likely; you might as well turn the program over to Steele and a VFL staff because NO ONE will want this job. The next 3-4 years is just going to be a game of survival.

Peyton? That's interesting. Unsure how to feel about that.

I don’t like it at all. Peyton has zero credentials that would qualify him to help with a coaching search. Also, wasn’t it reported that Fulmer wanted the new AD to make the hire?

Peyton got the Jets Adam Gase. He needs to keep his nose out of this.

I'm cool with Fish, Malz, or Freeze. But players and recruits need to know ASAP!

This is one of those landmark decisions for our president. These next 48 hours will determine whether she will be remembered as the GOAT or a goat.

This is it guys. We're either back or done for at least another decade.

I don’t like it at all. Peyton has zero credentials that would qualify him to help with a coaching search. Also, wasn’t it reported that Fulmer wanted the new AD to make the hire?

my only thing I like about Manning being involved is he could talk someone big into it maybe but I don’t like him picking. Maybe helping with the list and interviews ok

I don't care who they hire as long as they :

1. UNDERSTAND WHAT TENNESSEE MEANS TO SO MANY
2. Have Head Coaching experience
3. Be able to recruit quality young men that can make a difference.
4. Keep the elite talent in the State and show them why UT is a place that WILL WIN.
5. Can manage a team, staff and game and make adjustments when needed.
6. Can not be determined to hire friends just because they can, go after and get the BEST coaches.
7. Be able to communicate with the Students, Fans and Media and prove you can do what you say.
8. Win when you should and BEAT OUR RIVALS !!!!

My uninformed guess . . . Steele is named interim within a week by Boyd, CJC is retained to run the offense and is allowed to select his OL coach and any other replacements for those whose contracts are not renewed. Steele will bring in whoever is needed to fill defensive positions that open up due to contracts not being renewed. Supposedly CRG is coming, which I believe is a "Steele" hire.

It will take months for UT to hire an AD . . . Boyd will run things until an AD is hired . . . a "real" coach search will not begin until the end of the 2021 season.

Flame away!!

GBO - beat the Gators!!

Last edited:

The most Peyton will be doing is making a sales pitch. He will not be deciding and he never has.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I honestly didn't want a coaching search at all.

If they haven't already decided and talked to option 1a,1b, and 1c this will really be pretty terrible. I hope they have, if not we will see them bungle around with this for a while. I didn't see them firing Pruitt for cause either, so will see. I hope this doesn't hurt the transfers we have been getting.

VN Store

Back