Next year's roster

Then we are fine relying on Fulky, Pons, JJJ, and potentially Bailey.
Next year's team the offense will run through JJJ and Fulkerson, we'll need at least 2 more to step up. If the 3 Fr produce anywhere close to what JJJ has produced this year then I think we'll be pretty good, if Pons improves as much as he did this year we could be one of the top teams in the conference.

Reactions: sport3500
Next year's team the offense will run through JJJ and Fulkerson, we'll need at least 2 more to step up. If the 3 Fr produce anywhere close to what JJJ has produced this year then I think we'll be pretty good, if Pons improves as much as he did this year we could be one of the top teams in the conference.

Why are you completely ignoring Vescovi? He’s been objectively better than JJJ. Some off season strength training and developing on his right hand, he might be the best point in the league next season.

Uhhhh, not to say that Fulky and JJJ won’t touch the ball plenty, but Johnson and Springer will be showcased in our offense next year if we are gonna be any good.

I’ll be honest, I absolutely hate that we took Plavsic. Keeping Burns around or being more aggressive for a big man in the 2020 class like Cardwell or Hall (or both) would’ve been a much better use of a scholarship.

JJJ looked calm, cool, and collected tonight; but he wasn’t being guarded by UK’s best on ball defender like Vescovi was. Hagan’s did a really good job of keeping him right, which is obviously a glaring weakness considering he was mostly a non factor for a good portion of the game.

Vescovi, Springer, JJJ, Pons, and Fulky is your starting 5, imo.

Still think you need a grad transfer big who can physically check some of the more physical big’s down low. Fulkerson is a liability on defense at times. Uros is slow and Olivier just isn’t ready.

I’ll be honest, I absolutely hate that we took Plavsic. Keeping Burns around or being more aggressive for a big man in the 2020 class like Cardwell or Hall (or both) would’ve been a much better use of a scholarship.

I think Johnson grad transfers out this off season, which will open up a spot. hopefully for a grad transfer big.

JJJ looked calm, cool, and collected tonight; but he wasn’t being guarded by UK’s best on ball defender like Vescovi was. Hagan’s did a really good job of keeping him right, which is obviously a glaring weakness considering he was mostly a non factor for a good portion of the game.

Keon Johnson will likely be a starter. Johnson has that dog in him. Check out what he did this summer.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I think Johnson grad transfers out this off season, which will open up a spot. hopefully for a grad transfer big.
I could see that as well, but I would prefer to keep Johnson over Plavsic too. He could get rotational minutes next year with the physical defense he plays. Taking Plavsic just really makes no sense after seeing him play.

Sounds a lot like what posters had to say about John Fulkerson a couple of years ago.
I’m sure there were Fulkerson detractors but we saw him play very well as a freshman. I’m sure Rick can develop a 7 footer but he looks totally lost out there right now. Hard to see him getting many minutes next year either.

Remind me who's timely pair of 3-pointers kept Kentucky from blowing TN out of Rupp Arena tonight.

I'll take the 5th year senior over a one-and-done big man that isn't closing out his career at his current school everyday.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I’m sure there were Fulkerson detractors but we saw him play very well as a freshman. I’m sure Rick can develop a 7 footer but he looks totally lost out there right now. Hard to see him getting many minutes next year either.

When Fulkerson was a freshman, was his English very good?

No, but he was 18 and not 21. Plavsic can still develop, but he plays with a lack of mental maturity that he should absolutely have at this point of his playing career.

And posters were wanting to run off Fulkerson LAST YEAR.

It might be a good idea to hang on to a 7' freshman.

Reactions: VOLED
And posters were wanting to run off Fulkerson LAST YEAR.

It might be a good idea to hang on to a 7' freshman.
Well, they should have to eat crow lol. We’ll see on Plavsic, I sincerely hope I’m wrong and he pans out to be a serviceable big man for us. That would be huge moving forward.

Still think you need a grad transfer big who can physically check some of the more physical big’s down low. Fulkerson is a liability on defense at times. Uros is slow and Olivier just isn’t ready.
Fulk isn’t really a liability on defense unless the other big is a player of the year type like Azabuike. Bigs are going to score on you sometimes. Like I don’t think anyone on Kentucky is saying Richards is a liability on defense even though he absolutely got dominated last night (and honestly the time before). We actually had fans saying Fulk was getting dominated inside in the first half when Richards had 5 points

Starting lineup could include so many combinations so I'm not listing the first as starters necessarily since our 1-3 spots are so versatile and could end up with any combination, I'm just thinking depth chart

PG: Vescovi, Bailey, Springer, JJJ
SG: Springer, Keon, Bailey, JJJ, Gaines
SF: JJJ, Keon, Walker, Gaines,
PF: Pons, EJ, Walker, ORN
C: Fulky, Uros, EJ, ORN

Redshirt (imo): Pember
Possible redshirt: ORN or Gaines
I just don't see enough minutes to not redshirt at least 2 players (baring no injury) this upcoming season
Others opinions?

Well, they should have to eat crow lol. We’ll see on Plavsic, I sincerely hope I’m wrong and he pans out to be a serviceable big man for us. That would be huge moving forward.
Probably take a full season of practice and game time to coach the Europe out of him.

Reactions: berryvol
Starting lineup could include so many combinations so I'm not listing the first as starters necessarily since our 1-3 spots are so versatile and could end up with any combination, I'm just thinking depth chart

PG: Vescovi, Bailey, Springer, JJJ
SG: Springer, Keon, Bailey, JJJ, Gaines
SF: JJJ, Keon, Walker, Gaines,
PF: Pons, EJ, Walker, ORN
C: Fulky, Uros, EJ, ORN

Redshirt (imo): Pember
Possible redshirt: ORN or Gaines
I just don't see enough minutes to not redshirt at least 2 players (baring no injury) this upcoming season
Others opinions?
Every position looks great other than the center position. You hate to move on from somebody, but that is the cost of competing for championships, you have to make tough decisions. Right now our biggest issue is we lack quality depth at the center position. Right now our quality players either lack length or size to defend a quality center.

Reactions: Willy14
Every position looks great other than the center position. You hate to move on from somebody, but that is the cost of competing for championships, you have to make tough decisions. Right now our biggest issue is we lack quality depth at the center position. Right now we lack length or size to defend a quality center.
I'd expect Barnes to run a small lineup unless Uros just makes incredible progress. I think not being able to play the pre-SEC schedule never allowed him to get a feel for the game. He needs to be able to give 8-10 mintues of solid play. That's it. I'd say Fulk, Pons, EJ, will get bulk of minutes with EJ spelling those two. I can even see them running four guards at times with JJJ at the four.

Reactions: Willy14
I'd expect Barnes to run a small lineup unless Uros just makes incredible progress. I think not being able to play the pre-SEC schedule never allowed him to get a feel for the game. He needs to be able to give 8-10 mintues of solid play. That's it. I'd say Fulk, Pons, EJ, will get bulk of minutes with EJ spelling those two. I can even see them running four guards at times with JJJ at the four.
Maybe we'll finally get our 7 second scoring offense we've been promised for so long.

Every position looks great other than the center position. You hate to move on from somebody, but that is the cost of competing for championships, you have to make tough decisions. Right now our biggest issue is we lack quality depth at the center position. Right now our quality players either lack length or size to defend a quality center.
We're gonna be a big, athletic group next season, backup center to Fulky is the least of our worries I think. We should be one of the best defensive teams in the country next year if our 2 new freshman guards can handle the physical play of the conference.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back