Next year's roster

Next year's rotation is going to have lots of options. My starting 5, if all are healthy, would be:
1. JJJ 2. Springer 3. Keon 4. Pons 5. Fulky
Guard rotations will include Vescovi, Gaines and Bailey. Down low subs will include ON, Walker and Uros. A bunch can happen between now and then but looks good from a distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols All Day
Next year's rotation is going to have lots of options. My starting 5, if all are healthy, would be:
1. JJJ 2. Springer 3. Keon 4. Pons 5. Fulky
Guard rotations will include Vesvovi, Barnes, Gaines and Bailey. Down low subs will include ON, Walker and Uros. A bunch can happen between now and then but looks good from a distance.

Barnes has bad knees. He's not getting Jalen's scholarship.

Vescovi will be a starter at the start of the season and the end of the season. Yes, he is a half step slow, but he finds the open man, he is clutch on FTs, and we will kill you if he gets his feet set on a 3. He is always going to be left dominant, but he will improve dramatically with his weak hand this off-season. How long has it been since we had a freshman PG put up the numbers he has?

Vescovi will be a starter at the start of the season and the end of the season. Yes, he is a half step slow, but he finds the open man, he is clutch on FTs, and we will kill you if he gets his feet set on a 3. He is always going to be left dominant, but he will improve dramatically with his weak hand this off-season. How long has it been since we had a freshman PG put up the numbers he has?
I love how these no nothings try to disparage the best players on the team. Give me a team of Vescovis and Fulks and I’ll go to the final four every time. UF has that 300 pound mountain and Fulk owned his ass all day. Vescovi with a summer of training will be lethal.

I love how these no nothings try to disparage the best players on the team. Give me a team of Vescovis and Fulks and I’ll go to the final four every time. UF has that 300 pound mountain and Fulk owned his ass all day. Vescovi with a summer of training will be lethal.
Suggesting Vescovi might not start next year equates to a "know nothing disparaging the best players on the team"? Where is the disparaging part?

Reactions: Vols All Day
That's the idea. But at this level why shouldn't we expect to have multiple guys on the court at once who possess the ability to move the ball from end to end? Can we not get out and run off a missed shot until the PG touches the ball? Should we take a SC violation because the PG is being denied the ball and unable to initiate our sets? I understand what the role of a PG is (trust) but this notion that we can't do anything unless we have the ball in said hands is one of the reasons why and where we are currently
This should be everyone’s goal. The game is moving past the notion of positions. If you got 3-5 guys that can push the ball it is tough to stop in transition.

SV would be nice in that Ginobili\Lamonte Turner role. Also, if SV came off the bench you could stagger him and Springer were they are not on the court a lot together. Staggering SV and JS would allow both Players to get more scoring touches and likely be more effective as playmakers. Also, if Walker can handle the ball well enough in college he can play a role similar to Draymond Green for the Warriors. Walker could initiate the offense while SV is running off screens in the second unit. Now all we need is UP, ORN, or potentially Cardwell to be a physical post presence that can rebound and set good screens.

Last edited:
SV would be nice in that Ginobili\Lamonte Turner role. Also, if SV came off the bench you could stagger him and Springer were they are not on the court a lot together, so they both would likely getting more scoring touches. Also, if Walker can handle the ball well enough in college he can play a role similar to Draymond Green for the Warriors. Walker could initiate the offense while SV is running off screens in the second unit. Now all we need is UP, ORN, or potentially Cardwell to be a physical post presence that can rebound and set good screens.
I think that's exactly how it will have to work. JJJ played just shy of 40 minutes today, Barnes is not going to cut his minutes much next year. Keon Johnson is an improved Jorden Bowden and will get big minutes, that just leaves Springer and Vescovi fighting for PG minutes. It's going to be fun watching JJJ, Springer and Vescovi carve teams up next year. If we get any depth at all behind Pons and Fulkerson next year the Vols will be contenders.

Yea I know ... i still think he is a step slow for pg in this league .. but he will improve his TO's i hope

Springer will take pressure off Vescovi next year.

Springer is technically a shooting guard but can run the point if he wants too.

Springer will take pressure off Vescovi next year.

Springer is technically a shooting guard but can run the point if he wants too.
Springer will likely start over Vescovi next year. If he doesn't that means he's not as good as advertised. The offense will run through JJJ next year.

Springer will likely start over Vescovi next year. If he doesn't that means he's not as good as advertised. The offense will run through JJJ next year.

I think we are probably making too much out of who starts, minutes and who’s on the court at the end is what really matters..

I think Vescovi very likely remains a starter, but even if he doesn’t I think he’s still gonna get 28+mpg much like Springer.

I think we are putting alot into next years class.....these are still just freshman and we dont run a AAU system like KY....its a team philosophy and they will learn to play within that....

JJJ had better high school stats then both and yall think he is a bust..

Calm your tiddies on expectations!!!

Pretty cool mixtape on Springer.

Seeing this, and knowing Bailey shot 40% from 3, and know that JJJ and Vescovi are both shooing 36% from 3 as freshmen... I'd say we should have a pretty good backcourt and that's without knowing anything about 5-star Keon Johnson because I don't follow basketball recruiting.

Fulkerson is a boss. Hopefully Plavsic develops an ability to contribute more than 8 minutes per game. Otherwise, the post could be a problem.

Seeing this, and knowing Bailey shot 40% from 3, and know that JJJ and Vescovi are both shooing 36% from 3 as freshmen... I'd say we should have a pretty good backcourt and that's without knowing anything about 5-star Keon Johnson because I don't follow basketball recruiting.

Fulkerson is a boss. Hopefully Plavsic develops an ability to contribute more than 8 minutes per game. Otherwise, the post could be a problem.

This is exactly the kind of player we have been missing this year. Reminds me of a bigger/stronger version of Tyrie from Ole Miss. Similar looking game but more penetrating and fewer jumpers.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Gaines will play significant minutes next season. Pember would do good redshirting a year and no real chance of transfer from him, either.

In order to gain an inside player, most likely the staff will need Jalen Johnson to grad transfer or Pons to have a good combine.

Gaines will play significant minutes next season. Pember would do good redshirting a year and no real chance of transfer from him, either.

In order to gain an inside player, most likely the staff will need Jalen Johnson to grad transfer or Pons to have a good combine.

Seems like JJ is unlikely to be here next year

I think we are putting alot into next years class.....these are still just freshman and we dont run a AAU system like KY....its a team philosophy and they will learn to play within that....

JJJ had better high school stats then both and yall think he is a bust..

Calm your tiddies on expectations!!!

AAU = offense which UK has. Honest question, is Kentucky high on defense this year, idk honestly. Edit: we are 29th in scoring defense compared to UK’s 68

The players Barnes got fit his system, which means they play defense and have an all around game, rather than just offense. I think expectations are fair.

It’s all about fit for the system.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
AAU = offense which UK has. Honest question, is Kentucky high on defense this year, idk honestly. Edit: we are 29th in scoring defense compared to UK’s 68

The players Barnes got fit his system, which means they play defense and have an all around game, rather than just offense. I think expectations are fair.

It’s all about fit for the system.
I agree....i just feel we expect 2 much from freshman offensively...

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back