National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

Good point, and that brings up another peril of federalism. Federalism gives the central government what it needs to set policy, and our political polarization gives central government all it needs to see that no policy is ever stable. That means that businesses dealing in things that require reason, long term strategy, and long term investment are going to be victims, and we will pay for government policy foolishness with money and/or shortages when a capitalist system would probably have handled it all far better.

Only problem is every Dem from now on will vow to dismantle oil. Next guys that wins 8 years could actually impact it so severely with no new exploration or capital that it would destroy the ability to large scale.. All IMO

Reactions: StarRaider
Only problem is every Dem from now on will vow to dismantle oil. Next guys that wins 8 years could actually impact it so severely with no new exploration or capital that it would destroy the ability to large scale.. All IMO

Yep, I can't imagine even trying to run an industry where construction time for necessary infrastructure runs to ten years or longer. It's like trying to plan a long term strategy when the bipolar political policy runs on 2,4,8 year cycles. The second issue is the investment and how you get investors to put money into necessary long term projects like oil refining or nuclear power plants when the next idiot in charge may prevent those very things from becoming operational.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Who controls gasoline and diesel prices, Joe Biden or oil companies?

"Price of oil today: $117.59
Price of oil in 2014: $120.45
So why are gas prices $2 higher per gallon today? Because Big Oil CEOs are gouging consumers in order to make record-breaking, billion-dollar profits!"

You are looking at the wrong party. Wholesale gas prices have been steadily dropping - as I recall for about two weeks. If you look at Gas Buddy (I'm only looking at premium because that's what my car requires), Sams and Costco are at $4.69 and all other local stations are $4.93 and well up past $5. That's not Big Oil setting the price; that's local distributors.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
Yep, I can't imagine even trying to run an industry where construction time for necessary infrastructure runs to ten years or longer. It's like trying to plan a long term strategy when the bipolar political policy runs on 2,4,8 year cycles. The second issue is the investment and how you get investors to put money into necessary long term projects like oil refining or nuclear power plants when the next idiot in charge may prevent those very things from becoming operational.

I would like to see the debate focus on the primary issue. Man madeCC is not settled science.

Reactions: AM64
Who controls gasoline and diesel prices, Joe Biden or oil companies?

"Price of oil today: $117.59
Price of oil in 2014: $120.45
So why are gas prices $2 higher per gallon today? Because Big Oil CEOs are gouging consumers in order to make record-breaking, billion-dollar profits!"
Don't forget the fact that the US still has some of the lowest gas prices in the world. A fact that is routinely glossed over by the red hats.

Don't forget the fact that the US still has some of the lowest gas prices in the world. A fact that is routinely glossed over by the red hats.

Discount taxes and see how it looks. Or production.

Just like any commodity. Stupid to concede any resource or production to some foreign influence. And we have been knee deep in it for decades.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol and AM64

From a chat Ive been in for over a year with people around the world ( 3.7 liters to a U.S. gallon )

C7CB400A-AFC5-4073-A6D9-71A718E2130F.jpeg

Just saw this on Tucker.... the lower right in gray background is mandated by illinois fat boy pritzker to be posted on all gas pumps.... they added the extra lol

1656032056650.png

Just saw this on Tucker.... the lower right in gray background is mandated by illinois fat boy pritzker to be posted on all gas pumps.... they added the extra lol

View attachment 466545

Asking citizens to pay for their own ineptitude and massively bloated bureaucratic pensions. It is like the Mafia.

Asking citizens to pay for their own ineptitude and massively bloated bureaucratic pensions. It is like the Mafia.
since ya axed
pritzker-blowing-smoke-1024x576.jpg

A drop in regular fuel here this morning , from $4.99 ( for a week ) to $4.83 . Diesel stayed the same at $5.50

Gas where I am has dropped 0.15 / gallon over the last week or so. Topped out at 4.89 and today at 4.74.

If gas starts following the price of other commodities like steel, aluminum, or copper for example, there will be a big correction over the horizon. Looks like the big commodity traders are starting to price in the looming recession elsewhere.

Gas where I am has dropped 0.15 / gallon over the last week or so. Topped out at 4.89 and today at 4.74.

If gas starts following the price of other commodities like steel, aluminum, or copper for example, there will be a big correction over the horizon. Looks like the big commodity traders are starting to price in the looming recession elsewhere.

This type of writing has me leaning toward getting the Tundra I been wanting. Stop it.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Which Tundra you after?

I don’t have a particular one in mind. Do you have advice? I will buy a used one, not a new one. I’ve been browsing on the auto sites. Searching a 200 mile radius. Got about 20 saved to my email. I am early browsing. Probably be late July when I purchase unless I see something that strikes me as a great deal.

Selling my F150 over a decade ago was the worst car move I ever made. A man needs a truck. I am getting excited like a kid for Christmas.

I was going Tacoma or Tundra. Leaning heavy towards wanting Tundra but considering Tacoma due to gas prices.

VN Store

Back