National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

Oh, hell naw

Oh my lord , these same people saying this, spent/ still spending , years of their lives complaining about things from the last administration ( in a good economy ) . In a good economy everyone can complain , in a bad economy.. if y’all ain’t poor you need to just shut up . Couldnt make this stuff up if you were writing a fiction novel , nobody would buy it .

People such as you describe should be fired. Also, it’s not remote work if you don’t have the ability to access your work remotely.
That's part of the problem right now. People are taking advantage of this remote work option and it's no surprise many are doing their best to try and resist going back to the office.

Reactions: lawgator1
Oh my lord , these same people saying this, spent/ still spending , years of their lives complaining about things from the last administration ( in a good economy ) . In a good economy everyone can complain , in a bad economy.. if y’all ain’t poor you need to just shut up . Couldnt make this stuff up if you were writing a fiction novel , nobody would buy it .
Not everyone gets to take a holiday for the 4th of July either. She didn't mention that.

Maybe, but if I'm Chevron I'm not basing a lot of long term plans around a guy that's gone in 30 months.

W spoke very positively of oil and would have granted permits to drill on the Moon and it still went to all time highs.

Right now the issue is the oil industry laid off 200k during the pandemic and only 100k came back. It's taken them a lot longer to get existing rigs back up but is slowly moving in the right direction.
Who we blaming for the global shutdown during the “pandemic”?

Reactions: AM64
Right now the issue is the oil industry laid off 200k during the pandemic and only 100k came back. It's taken them a lot longer to get existing rigs back up but is slowly moving in the right direction.
That's the logistical issue (plus all the needed machinery for drilling).

There's also the financial issues. Oil drillers lost a lot of money during the fracking boom (much of it during the Trump administration, ironically). Then when COVID hit prices cratered. They shut almost everything down but maintenance. Last year they were very wary to invest new money because shareholders want returns. I remember an oil CEO saying in the spring that even if oil prices topped $100 (this was when the price was well below that) that they weren't going to drill any more than they had planned.

You also rightly pointed out that the drilling decision is made for what the market will be a year or more in the future. Oil futures are much lower one to two years out. If the oil market crashes, who wants to be stuck with a lot of money invested in new wells?

Reactions: AM64 and TRUEFANVol
Who controls gasoline and diesel prices, Joe Biden or oil companies?

"Price of oil today: $117.59
Price of oil in 2014: $120.45
So why are gas prices $2 higher per gallon today? Because Big Oil CEOs are gouging consumers in order to make record-breaking, billion-dollar profits!"

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan

So why are gas prices $2 higher per gallon today? Because Big Oil CEOs are gouging consumers in order to make record-breaking, billion-dollar profits!"

How are they gouging customers?

So you don't think any government policies have affected the price of gas? It's all just summed up with "Oil CEOs Bad"?

So the oil companies were benevolent eight years ago, but have turned into profit hungry capitalists today. I guess it's cause a democrat's in charge.

Why do you hate the idea of school teachers retiring?

Maybe, but if I'm Chevron I'm not basing a lot of long term plans around a guy that's gone in 30 months.

W spoke very positively of oil and would have granted permits to drill on the Moon and it still went to all time highs.

Good point, and that brings up another peril of federalism. Federalism gives the central government what it needs to set policy, and our political polarization gives central government all it needs to see that no policy is ever stable. That means that businesses dealing in things that require reason, long term strategy, and long term investment are going to be victims, and we will pay for government policy foolishness with money and/or shortages when a capitalist system would probably have handled it all far better.

VN Store

Back