National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

I dont think Lexus is all that impressive either. McRib's convertible is meh

I agree. The interior features are much improved as far as trim and all that. But the entertainment features lag other vehicles in its class. Still a major step up from what Toyota offers.

Reactions: McDad
Toyota’s are great trucks, but they do give you a more truck like ride and a less refined interior. For example, compare the 4-runner to other SUV’s in its class. The ride is not near as smooth as other competitors and even the Limited feels light on touch and features inside. It wouldn’t keep me from owning one, but those are some notable considerations.

I see your point.

Mainly, I want to purchase a truck with a 100k or less and know I will get another 150k out of it. That is likely with a Ford or Chevy but I think more likely with a Toyota.

Amenities don’t mean a lot to me. Mostly just want it to ride well, stay running, play music.

That said, exterior styling does seem to matter to me and I like their look even going back as far as the 2008 models. I can’t go that far back with Ford and Chevy without thinking they look very dated.

Reactions: AM64
Gas where I am has dropped 0.15 / gallon over the last week or so. Topped out at 4.89 and today at 4.74.

If gas starts following the price of other commodities like steel, aluminum, or copper for example, there will be a big correction over the horizon. Looks like the big commodity traders are starting to price in the looming recession elsewhere.

The commodities racket is another out of control "investment" scheme. Something that was intended to put some sanity into the world of small independent producers has become nothing more than a playground for speculators. The world has changed from producers and users reaching agreement based on a supply and demand relationship on a widescale market to "investors" muddying the waters. Here's one variant on how commodities trades become a middleman absorbing consumer dollars rather than facilitators.

Gunvor Can Deliver 13 Million Gallons Of Gasoline To U.S., But There's Catch | OilPrice.com

Reactions: StarRaider
I see your point.

Mainly, I want to purchase a truck with a 100k or less and know I will get another 150k out of it. That is likely with a Ford or Chevy but I think more likely with a Toyota.

Amenities don’t mean a lot to me. Mostly just want it to ride well, stay running, play music.

That said, exterior styling does seem to matter to me and I like their look even going back as far as the 2008 models. I can’t go that far back with Ford and Chevy without thinking they look very dated.

You can always do some really nice audio upgrades in most cars and trucks. I use Crutchfield generally for that because they can match your vehicle to what you want to install and offer both instructions and wiring harnesses that match the audio unit to your vehicle's existing wiring connectors.

You can always do some really nice audio upgrades in most cars and trucks. I use Crutchfield generally for that because they can match your vehicle to what you want to install and offer both instructions and wiring harnesses that match the audio unit to your vehicle's existing wiring connectors.

Solid point. I remember even as a teenager loving the Crutchfield catalog. Easy to make some top end changes with that method.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and AM64
Crutchfield has a shop in Wise, VA.

Boss man just got his new TRD Pro Tundra. This has been addressed. They basically have a small TV in them. Digital dash too.

That’s good to know. I haven’t seen a new Toyota since around 2017. I’ve long wanted a 4-Runner but have always chosen a different SUV because I prefer to have premium interior trim and features.

Maybe I’ll have a Toyota on the next vehicle.

That’s good to know. I haven’t seen a new Toyota since around 2017. I’ve long wanted a 4-Runner but have always chosen a different SUV because I prefer to have premium interior trim and features.

Maybe I’ll have a Toyota on the next vehicle.
2022_toyota_tundra_28_1024x768.jpg

how many have flown without GPS?

I kid you not..when I was living in Huntsville I bought road maps and eventually learned my way around, backroads, shortcuts and names of roads.
Living in Houston and just listening to the lady..even 3 years later if you dropped me off 5 miles from home..I would struggle to get home.

Fri AM at 7 am, I took my daughter and SIL to Nashville airport. 65N from Saturn Pkwy to the airport had no rush hour traffic. We arrived 25 min earlier than we expected.
Is that changes to driving habits from gas prices? Remote working? Too early for the rush?

Fri AM at 7 am, I took my daughter and SIL to Nashville airport. 65N from Saturn Pkwy to the airport had no rush hour traffic. We arrived 25 min earlier than we expected.
Is that changes to driving habits from gas prices? Remote working? Too early for the rush?

how many have flown without GPS?
That's a good question. I think the MadDog (MD88) was the last airplane that didn't have it, and it's been gone a couple of years now. But I would bet that number is pretty close to zero. My airplane has a feature that I can see how many satellites we are using, and it is always between 9 and 12. Amazing stuff.

VN Store

Back