Name one

Defense sucks to be honest, steals are apart of defense btw, also number 41 threw the ball away 4-5 times tonight, we didn’t steal it. Assist well you said? You have to score to make it an assist. Blocking shots? Yves was good at blocking shots and nobody on this team is in his classification.
A lot of words to say that you don’t know ball.

Not give up. Keep on playing intense defense even when the offense struggles. As bad as the first half offense was, teams from before CRB would have had 20 point deficits to dig out of. Which wouldn’t happen. They used to lose those games by 35.

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.
Make stupid comments much? Perhaps retreat to your safe space, and emerge after the season.

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.
Make stupid comments much? Perhaps retreat to your safe space, and emerge after the season.

Win by 26? Shoot nearly 50% from the field. Play solid defense. You posted this too early when they were trying to figure things out without JJJ in the mix, and it’s November. They have time to figure out the little stuff.

This thread is a perfect example to never post when feeling mad or depressed while watching a ball game. It tends to be highly inaccurate. CLEARLY we play suffocating defense and force teams into long possessions. I think we’ll be fine and I also think Phillips will keep emerging as a serious threat!

Reactions: EasternVol
Didn’t watch the game last night. Opened this thread and thought we must have lost as 7 point favorites…. Nope. Won by 26 😂

TN was stuck on 2 points until nearly the 2nd TV time out. But they didn’t let Butler grab a huge lead. Actually drained the first 3-pointer just before the end of the half. Then came out, kicked butt, and took names in the 2nd 1/2.

Reactions: Evol
Win by 26? Shoot nearly 50% from the field. Play solid defense. You posted this too early when they were trying to figure things out without JJJ in the mix, and it’s November. They have time to figure out the little stuff.
You may be right but I bet not, get back with me in March. I know what my eyes see.

We should learn more from KY mentality...early season matters little. It's about getting everyone experience, especially the bench/young/new players to see how we are going to grow and gel and mesh towards our best 7-8 player rotation in Jan starting league play. Barnes ran a solid 8 man rotation w/ 10 playing. On a similar note, look at Villanova...they lost a ton, and getting two high level injured players back, but getting all the frosh a ton of time to see who develops. Right now, I'm not least bit worried. We have talent but have to get JJJ back and get it all together.
I hope you’re right

Last night, when things were going very poorly, they did show toughness.

The women's team has better athletes but don't have that tough spirit in their hearts.

Both teams are going to struggle some night.

Reactions: Lankykong and Hbg
Based on your avatar, not too surprised...lol.

Besides this message board I've been steering clear of the sports pages/espn, etc. I don't want any reminders, articles and highlights of what happened this past Saturday. It will be talked about all offseason how we got 63 rung up on us.

Blast away but at the end of the season I’ll be the one saying I told you so, I hope I’m wrong
Ok. Let’s say all your doomer predictions about this team come true.

Who gives a damn? What you do think you’re going to win if you’re right? You really care that much about e-cred points on a message board?

Get back with me in march
To set expectations, what are your expectations in March for this team? Don’t want us going to Elite 8, then losing, and you thinking you can say you told us so. So on record for the your told us so, what are we going to do in March?

Reactions: peerless98
I believe our identity is going to be much different this season. We'll still hang our hat on defense, but we'll need to be scrappy and share the ball getting all 5 on the court involved offensively. Our post season success will be dependent upon how much Phillips progresses as a go-to option. He has the talent. Just never know how fast a young player like him will come along in a season.

I believe we can be as good as anyone, or we can struggle to make the tournament. We'll see.

VN Store

Back