Name one

Pretty good D, they assist pretty well, they steal the ball very well, also pretty good at blocking shots.

Bigs have to work more (down low) and guards must trust the bigs much more. However it does go both ways.

gave up 44 - check
16 assists - check
13 steals - check
5 blocks - check

22 points from the bigs…..they DID work harder and were rewarded

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.

They are tall, deep, very fast and are already playing good defense. They spend a lot of energy of offense maybe by design. I was thinking with this teams size Barnes would bring it inside then out for the three but it looks like he has decided on same system as last year. If it ain't broke. Phillips needs some weight before he will be effective in SEC play, looks smooth though. They will compete I think. Defense wins championships and they have enough size and depth to control the rim.

Reactions: TennTom
Defense sucks to be honest, steals are apart of defense btw, also number 41 threw the ball away 4-5 times tonight, we didn’t steal it. Assist well you said? You have to score to make it an assist. Blocking shots? Yves was good at blocking shots and nobody on this team is in his classification.

We are 2nd in defensive efficiency on KenPom. It astounds me what I read on this site sometimes.

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.
I didn't know we had a soccer forum!

Reactions: Zues1
Blast away but at the end of the season I’ll be the one saying I told you so, I hope I’m wrong

Based on your posts today, despite what you think, you have never accurately told someone that "you told them so."On any subject. Ever.

Reactions: Helton1
Now I get it. You don’t understand the game of basketball and never really played the game. I’ll know not to read your posts anymore. Thanks for the obvious.
You really think I care if you read my posts or not?

We would be 14th in the country in scoring defense after the Butler game is added. We're 29th now.
We've had 3 really good defensive games and 1 terrible one. Sample size is too small to tell but I would be surprised if the defense is as good as last years.

Thread titles that actually convey the topic you want to discuss are your friend.

We've had 3 really good defensive games and 1 terrible one. Sample size is too small to tell but I would be surprised if the defense is as good as last years.
Interesting. Why would you find it surprising?

Most of the big pieces are the same. And the new guys are longer than the guys they replaced. You've also got Aidoo with an extra year of development.....

I just don't see it.

Reactions: Helton1

I was watching the “new posts”, saw this one, clicked on it, read it, and was about to blast you. Then I realized this was not the football forum.

We should learn more from KY mentality...early season matters little. It's about getting everyone experience, especially the bench/young/new players to see how we are going to grow and gel and mesh towards our best 7-8 player rotation in Jan starting league play. Barnes ran a solid 8 man rotation w/ 10 playing. On a similar note, look at Villanova...they lost a ton, and getting two high level injured players back, but getting all the frosh a ton of time to see who develops. Right now, I'm not least bit worried. We have talent but have to get JJJ back and get it all together.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

Make halftime adjustments. Knock the rust off from a long layoff. Oops that is two.

This thread turned out well. Beat Butler by 26. I think we will be ok.

VN Store

Back