Name Image Likeness

Folks by no means am i bashing Hooker nor any other that is cashing in on a NIL deal .But we have to understand .The NIL will ruin the best sport going in the United States and that is college football.
Yes we know it will draw big recruits to schools .no longer is a good education going to be a draw.
We all know football is composed as ELEVEN men on either side of the ball .and these eleven are like a well oiled machine and all have a job to do .working as one.What do you actually think is going to happen when a few pieces of the machine aren't getting oil.
We have heard all week the speculations and RUMORS.This will not happen happen in our house,it will happen in every house that has the NIL
I think this NIl deal is not only bad but could be very dangerous to the sport .THINK ABOUT IT .
Ok I thought about it.
This is the latest thing that’s going to ruin college football once and for all!
College football is like 15-0 against things that were going to ruin it in the last 25 years.
I think it’s going to be fine.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I wonder when we will starting seeing former college players with remaining eligibility who didn’t make an NFL roster reenroll in college to make some of that NIL money?

Individual Nils are fine but I would like to see effort put into team nils as well.
I recall earlier in the year one team had secured an nil for all offensive linemen.
Seems it was 50k each.
That was Texas. So. Not exactly killing it

When I first heard about NIL my first thoughts it was a way to Tiger Proof the SEC in College Football.
Where Tiger Woods in this case is Nick Saban.

Eventually some NIL bean counter will eventually figure out how to Steinbrenner the NIL and Transfer Portal to make it to the NC.

Texas A&M stole all of Saban's 5 star prospects but it hasn't panned out thus far.

Someone will eventually figure it out better than others.

Now college coaches need NIL money to keep players on the team.

Maybe by ranking 5* 4* and position* would spread it around a little more and certainly by conduct.

I could not disagree more. Once your on this slippery slope as it relates to "non professional athletes" it's what it is. Can't have Rivals determining the value of NIL deals. You "spread it around" by following the Hendon Hooker example. Hard work dedication gratitude and making yourself marketable.

That was Texas. So. Not exactly killing it

Yeah it's not like Texas is also picking up the cost to feed and house these o linemen. I wonder how many of the new 87,000 IRS agents will be going to monitor these athletes and their NIL deals.

Reactions: GVol1966
I am not against NIL, but I do believe it should have had restrictions before implementation.
The Tennessee entity as a whole is as well a NIL Deal.
Shouldn't all players receive some compensation?
Call it a Salary if you want, but there are workarounds.

I was dead against the NIL when it was first announced and still am. College football or actually any college sports is an amateur sport and should remain that way. We got a taste of what the NIL can do to a team with our recent SC debacle where the defense basically mailed it in. Is anybody happy with that? Hyatt has in the past two games slowed down on a long pass play with the result being an overthrown ball. It's possible that was due to an injury or maybe NIL jealousness is to blame. I liked it a lot better when the players played for the pride of the university rather than playing for a new Mercedes. NIL will ruin the amateur sport we all love as most folks will quit watching when say the defense quits on crucial plays due to the star players getting the NIL money while the defensive players get nothing. The guys in the trenches playing hard to protect the star QB who gets the big $$ while the linemen get zip are not going to be happy with this and will lower their level of play. NIL will eventually ruin the one sport I truly love.

The transfer portal is affecting college football way more than NIL

I disagree. I think the transfer portal is taking away some of the power of these coaches. They can no longer hold the cards when they are playing games with these kids when it comes to playing time and transferring. Remember the BS Kirbs pulled with Gibbs? I'm paraphrasing but he said hey it's not on me it's an sec rule and who am I to go against a rule.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I disagree. I think the transfer portal is taking away some of the power of these coaches. They can no longer hold the cards when they are playing games with these kids when it comes to playing time and transferring. Remember the BS Kirbs pulled with Gibbs? I'm paraphrasing but he said hey it's not on me it's an sec rule and who am I to go against a rule.

I think both things have impacted coaches playing power. I agree with what you say about the portal. NIL money comes many more sources than under the table illegal payments controlled by corrupt coaches. It’s also open and gives programs that did not employee such tactics an opportunity to be on a more equal footing.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I was dead against the NIL when it was first announced and still am. College football or actually any college sports is an amateur sport and should remain that way. We got a taste of what the NIL can do to a team with our recent SC debacle where the defense basically mailed it in. Is anybody happy with that? Hyatt has in the past two games slowed down on a long pass play with the result being an overthrown ball. It's possible that was due to an injury or maybe NIL jealousness is to blame. I liked it a lot better when the players played for the pride of the university rather than playing for a new Mercedes. NIL will ruin the amateur sport we all love as most folks will quit watching when say the defense quits on crucial plays due to the star players getting the NIL money while the defensive players get nothing. The guys in the trenches playing hard to protect the star QB who gets the big $$ while the linemen get zip are not going to be happy with this and will lower their level of play. NIL will eventually ruin the one sport I truly love.

Does this include former Vol Carl Pickens and the extremely nice European vehicle he was cruising around campus in?

Besides this is just another learning lesson for when and if they make it to the NFL where that's right QB's make all the money.

I think both things have impacted coaches playing power. I agree with what you say about the portal. NIL money comes many more sources than under the table illegal payments controlled by corrupt coaches. It’s also open and gives programs that did not employee such tactics an opportunity to be on a more equal footing.

I think this is way more fair than the ludicrous attempts of professional sports organizations implementing "salary caps"

Does this include former Vol Carl Pickens and the extremely nice European vehicle he was cruising around campus in?

Besides this is just another learning lesson for when and if they make it to the NFL where that's right QB's make all the money.

Yeah these things happened before they were legalized. These guys will still want to play in the league where minimal salaries are a lot more than the average NIL, so hopefully that will keep linemen and others who get less attention than some flashier position stars focused on the bigger picture. I have no doubt there are issues now that people are learning to deal with, but in a couple of years I suspect people will be handling things a lot better on whole. Coaches will improve with how they get players thinking about things.

Reactions: vols40
I am not against NIL, but I do believe it should have had restrictions before implementation.
The Tennessee entity as a whole is as well a NIL Deal.
Shouldn't all players receive some compensation?
Call it a Salary if you want, but there are workarounds.
You mean like receiving a scholarship for free school? That leaves normal students 100,000 in debt when they graduate

Reactions: vols40

Yes they do and they are paid according based on the industry standard. In College we are paying for players who have never played a College down. We are paying NIL based on potential.

For the Pros they are paying a salary based on 4 years based as it relates to a body of work in college. Playing against equal caliber players.

The pros do not recruit. They buy and cut their rosters. So if you make a pro roster you are going to get paid. Making the roster as you know is slim. The system is there for NFL but it was not for College Ball.

Hard to judge a kid in HS playing against inferior talent and putting a worth on him... Trust the coaches' decision vs the NFL which is based a 100 - 1000x more information.

You mean like receiving a scholarship for free school? That leaves normal students 100,000 in debt when they graduate
I can't worry about the normal students, NIL does not apply to them.
This is a conversation about NIL and its affect on College Football.
It is not a conversation about Student Loan Debt.

VN Store

Back