'19 MS DE Charles Moore

imo WDE is more important. We have a few guys on roster with plenty of eligibility who can play SDE in the 3-4, but once Kyle Phillips is gone we don't really have a prototypical WDE. Would like to have both personally. But I think pruitt prefers the big DT guys and then one smaller, quick DE to play on the weak side at around 270-280

Reactions: 10MTNBIGORANGE
Moore is still committed to Mississippi State, but that hasn't stopped both Auburn and Tennessee from putting on a full court press to land the talented lineman.

"I've really been enjoying the recruiting process," Moore said. "I like Auburn, Tennessee and LSU a lot. Of course I like Mississippi State. I'm just looking at everyone to make sure I'm making the right decision for me. I'm just praying about it and talking to God. I don't want to be somewhere he doesn't want me to be."

Moore was in Knoxville at the end of July for the Tennessee Bar-B-Q and got the chance to hang with several committed prospects. He heard what they had to say, but what does Moore like about Tennessee?

"I got that same feeling that I got at Mississippi State," Moore said. "It feels like a home type feeling. A place that I fit in at. Coach Pruitt is a good coach. He's been successful."

It's a constant sales pitch from all four of the above mentioned schools. There is something about the Tennessee staff that has left an impression on Moore though. He sees opportunity and education at each program, but loves the transparency in Knoxville.

"They are straight with you," Moore said. "A lot of coaches tell you what they want you to hear, but they tell you facts. They show who they are and the realness about them. The don't sugarcoat it. They are going to coach you hard and not try to get in your face and kiss your butt. I'm a grown man and I know the difference. I know your spot can get taken on any given day if you aren't working for it. You have to come in and work. I know what they are about."

And that pitch has resonated with Moore's family including his mom.

"My family likes that they don't play around," Moore said. "My mom likes Tennessee a lot. I like them too."
- VQ

VN Store

Back