'19 MS DE Charles Moore

Florida has not been linked to Mississippi State four-star defensive end commit Charles Moore much, but the 6-foot-4, 270 pound prospect did not sign, took an official visit to Auburn earlier this month and plans to take trips to LSU and Tennessee in January. That is a quality prospect left on the board that UF could pursue down the stretch
-Luke Stanpini/UF 247

Moore was one of the earliest pledges in Mississippi State’s class, committing the summer prior to his junior season and sticking with that commitment through the Bulldogs' coaching change that occurred a few months later. However, he is also among the nine Mississippi State commitments who did not sign in the early period. Auburn is the biggest threat to Mississippi State for Moore, and he official visited the Tigers Dec. 7.
-Rivals

Staff wants to see how his healed knee has progressed.
We don’t need another injury-prone player we’ve had enough to fill a bus. He sure does fit the size requirements, though. If he’s healthy we gotta throw everything at him.

I would be shocked, however, to see somebody from Louisville go anywhere but Mississippi State.

Reactions: Vol_0311
Mississippi State defensive end commit Charles Moore flashed some real explosiveness as a 3-technique tackle during 1-on-1s. Wright beat him on one rep, but Moore pretty much whipped the rest of the interior OL. Tennessee had backed off Moore after an up-and-down senior season, but he’s looked solid both in Orlando and at the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Game the last few weeks. He said his knee, which caused him to miss time his junior season, feels much better and his explosiveness is returning. Florida and Auburn are both recruiting him hard, but Moore said Tennessee has maintained steady dialogue recently and he plans to OV with the Vols in January (probably around the 19th).
-Simonton

The 4-star lineman from Louisville (Miss.) opted not to sign in December, and Florida has suddenly entered the picture, with Auburn and LSU still in hot pursuit. Tennessee, which seriously recruited Moore over the summer, has reopened its line of communication, too.

With so many options, Moore told VolQuest his commitment with the Bulldogs is currently on shaky ground.

“Right now, it ain’t looking too good for them right now,” the Under Armour All-American end said.

“My mom is starting to win my dad over. They think it might be good for me to get out and grow up a little bit because they’re not going to be able to baby sit me my whole life. If I have problems, versus being 15 minutes away in Starkville, you have to stay there and handle your business on your own. Be a man and grow up.”

Tennessee was a flip favorite this summer, as Moore made his way to campus and nearly ended his long-standing commitment to the Bulldogs. That didn’t happen, though, and the Vols ultimately began pursuing other d-lineman.

But following a strong showing at the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Game, Moore said he began to hear from the Vols again. The 6-foot-3, 275-pound lineman has only further helped his stock down in Orlando this week, too, flashing a fierce spin move and quick power for an interior lineman. Moore missed time his junior season with a serious knee injury and he was slowed a bit his senior year still battling back to full strength. He’s still not 100 percent, but he’s getting there.

“I’m not all the way back yet, but I can feel myself getting that explosiveness back,” he said.

“That’s why I’m ready to get on campus and get in the weight room, strength and conditioning program so I can get all the way back to 100 percent.”

Moore has already taken an official visit to Auburn and he’s set to see Florida on Jan. 11. He said Tennessee “sits high in the mix” and “will most definitely” get a visit in January.

“I have good relationships with all their coaches there. I like the atmosphere there,” Moore said.

“I have a lot of family in Tennessee. My mom, she wants me to get out of Mississippi so that’s a big help for Tennessee, me getting out of Mississippi and having family there.”

While Auburn is the current favorite to poach Moore, the Mississippi native said he wants to give Tennessee another look because he believes Tracy Rocker and Jeremy Pruitt will develop him into an NFL prospect.

“Coach Rocker he’s a good coach. He’s not a pushover,” Moore said.

"It’s kind of like a tough love situation. He’s going to be hard on you and that’s what I’m looking for because I’m trying to get developed. The (Vols) are on the low-in on defensive lineman. It’s a good chance for me to come in and play. Not necessarily start early, but a good opportunity to play and compete.”
-VQ

Oooooh sounds good. Sounds very good.

Oh hell yeah. Go get him Pruitt and Rocker. My kinda realistic finish for this cycle: Moore, Harris, Cox, Russell and Wright. Maybe not realistic but I really want George Pickens. Absolutely, love 5 star, 6'4 WRs that are fast, physical and have mad ball skills. Of course, so does every coach and team in the country

He did not sign with the Bulldogs. Why I was hoping we had a chance. Unless his injury was too severe of course.
Autocorrect tense issue. He’d be a good addition. I don’t know if it’s the bow on a great plan.

-VQ

Oooooh sounds good. Sounds very good.
Alright, that answered my “why not MSU” question. And since he’s not an idiot, he won’t be going to Florida even with Jethro Bodeen recruiting him. Hopefully.

This is a guy I know we turn into an NFL stud.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back