'19 MS DE Charles Moore

That’s odd, leaving Auburn for a Juco? I can see dropping to D2 or lower, but Juco? Makes me think he was about to fail out

I'm not up to speed on the NCAA transfer rules, but someone told me if you leave a 4 year college, enroll in a JUCO for just one semester; then you are eligible to transfer to another 4 year school without sitting out a year. So, if this guy enrolls in a JUCO this Spring semester, he could possibly transfer to another school in the fall and be eligible.

Transfer pundits care to expound?

Reactions: Vol8188
I'm not up to speed on the NCAA transfer rules, but someone told me if you leave a 4 year college, enroll in a JUCO for just one semester; then you are eligible to transfer to another 4 year school without sitting out a year. So, if this guy enrolls in a JUCO this Spring semester, he could possibly transfer to another school in the fall and be eligible.

Idk but I think it’s early enough in the season to transfer to another school and 2019 be your sit out year.

14.5.6 4-2-4 College Transfers. A student who transfers from a four-year college to a two-year college and then to the certifying institution shall complete one academic year of residence at the certifying institution prior to engaging in intercollegiate competition, unless: (Revised: 1/10/90, 2/16/00, 1/9/06 effective 8/1/06, 10/27/11 effective 8/1/12, 3/27/18)
(a) The student has completed an average of at least 12 semester or quarter hours of transferable-degree credit, with a cumulative minimum grade-point average of 2.500 (see Bylaw 14.5.4.6.3.2), acceptable toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying institution for each term of full-time attendance at the two-year college following transfer from the four-year college most recently attended;
(b) One calendar year has elapsed since the student’s departure from the previous four-year college (one year since the date that the student-athlete takes formal action with the appropriate institutional authorities required for all students to indicate that the student-athlete is leaving the previous four-year institution and no longer will be attending classes); and
(c) The student has graduated from the two-year college.

14.5.6 4-2-4 College Transfers. A student who transfers from a four-year college to a two-year college and then to the certifying institution shall complete one academic year of residence at the certifying institution prior to engaging in intercollegiate competition, unless: (Revised: 1/10/90, 2/16/00, 1/9/06 effective 8/1/06, 10/27/11 effective 8/1/12, 3/27/18)
(a) The student has completed an average of at least 12 semester or quarter hours of transferable-degree credit, with a cumulative minimum grade-point average of 2.500 (see Bylaw 14.5.4.6.3.2), acceptable toward any baccalaureate degree program at the certifying institution for each term of full-time attendance at the two-year college following transfer from the four-year college most recently attended;
(b) One calendar year has elapsed since the student’s departure from the previous four-year college (one year since the date that the student-athlete takes formal action with the appropriate institutional authorities required for all students to indicate that the student-athlete is leaving the previous four-year institution and no longer will be attending classes); and
(c) The student has graduated from the two-year college.
It's morning time and my brain is still a few hours from being awake. Someone translate this to simple English. I know there has to be one of those weird morning people on VN. Not sure how anyone functions before noon.

Reactions: LittleVol and T Dog
It's morning time and my brain is still a few hours from being awake. Someone translate this to simple English. I know there has to be one of those weird morning people on VN. Not sure how anyone functions before noon.
He's got to sit a year unless he's graduated JUCO after having been there a year and taken at least 12 hours per term and had a 2.5 GPA. I posted the actual rule because otherwise someone would say but I heard something different on a message board.

VN Store

Back