Movies you've seen recently II

I just noticed you signature tag and literally spewed Dr Pepper out my nose from a good chuckle
Been meaning to change it. I put that up one day me and KB were arguing about him saying Florida is a guaranteed loss for the next 30 years and blah blah blah.

Glad you reminded me.

Toy Story 4 - 8.5/10. Freaking Hilarious. I thought it was tied with the original as the best of the 4. Also, Vincent will give kids, and some adults, nightmares hahahaha.

Spiderman:FFH - 7.5/10, I don’t think it was as good as “Homecoming” or “Into the Spiderverse”, but it was a lot of fun.

Reactions: Vol49er
Pet Cemetery: 3.75/5

I really liked the new one (haven't seen the original in forever, but I feel this was a very good remake).

Trying to recover after viewing the documentary Nazi Concentration Camps from 1945. Words fail me.

Stuber - 6/10. Doesn’t redefine the odd couple/buddy comedy genre in any way, but it is funny. The shootout in the veterinary hospital and fight in the hardware store are my favorite scenes.

A bit late to the party but my son wanted to watch how to train your dragon. We watched it this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. Fun little movie.

Midsommah...6.5/10 Had to think about this one a bit. It is too long and paced too slowly in parts, also I felt like there were a lot of opportunities for it to be scarier and weirder than it was, in fact I would be hard pressed to even call it a horror movie. That being said, it really brings you into the world and makes you want to physically get out of there. The gore is almost comical so it's not really disturbing. It was very visually stimulating, lots of great shots and imagery, the director really created a world. I would recommend but a home watch so you can get up and take a breath once or twice.

Reactions: Vol49er
Midsommah...6.5/10 Had to think about this one a bit. It is too long and paced too slowly in parts, also I felt like there were a lot of opportunities for it to be scarier and weirder than it was, in fact I would be hard pressed to even call it a horror movie. That being said, it really brings you into the world and makes you want to physically get out of there. The gore is almost comical so it's not really disturbing. It was very visually stimulating, lots of great shots and imagery, the director really created a world. I would recommend but a home watch so you can get up and take a breath once or twice.
I was just about to ask about this one. I’m thinking I might go see it this afternoon.

Mission Impossible: Fallout 6/10

Honestly I didn't think it was all that great. The story was forgettable and Henry Cavill was more wooden in this than playing Superman. It was pretty much the defintion of "meh". Although the stunts and all the crazy stuff Cruise still does is great.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

VN Store

Back