Movies you've seen recently II

I need to get shudder again on my streaming

Just a heads up if you use Roku, don't subscribe through the Shudder App, use Amazon instead. Shudder made a new update and it screwed up the app for Roku. Plus your first 3 months through Amazon is only $2.49 a month.

Reactions: bigdaddy
First Man- I'm not sure how to rate this movie. I guess they intentionally tried to make a movie that is heavy and weighted with conflict and grief. Pretty much the whole movie is Ryan Gosling looking like he's depressed. The movie just felt flat. Two hours of people acting like they're supporting the weight of the world. It's not that it's a bad movie, but it's not one I'd say to my friends was enjoyable to watch.

A Quiet Place- it's ok. All the hype it got made me think it would be a good movie. I thought it was kinda simple and was underwhelmed. Maybe it's just something that would come off better if seen in a dark theater? Survival horror sci-fi with a paper thin plot. Like rice paper thin. Watch it if your bored and nothing else is on.

Last edited:
First Man- I'm not sure how to rate this movie. I guess they intentionally tried to make a movie that is heavy and weighted with conflict and grief. Pretty much the whole movie is Ryan Gosling looking like he's depressed. The movie just felt flat. Two hours of people acting like they're supporting the weight of the world. It's not that it's a bad movie, but it's not one I'd say to my friends was enjoyable to watch.

A Quiet Place- it's ok. All the hype it got made me think it would be a good movie. I thought it was kinda simple and was underwhelmed. Maybe it's just something that would come off better if seen in a dark theater? Survival horror sci-fi with a paper thin plot. Like rice paper thin. Watch it if your bored and nothing else is on.

I've watched A Quiet Place twice, only because I forgot I had seen it. Question.

I could have sworn the first time I saw it, it ended with a bunch of those "monsters" coming from everywhere about to invade the house.

The second time I watched it, I didn't see that. I even looked to see if there was an alternate ending in "bonuses". Nothing.

I guess my question is, do you know what Im talking about?

I've watched A Quiet Place twice, only because I forgot I had seen it. Question.

I could have sworn the first time I saw it, it ended with a bunch of those "monsters" coming from everywhere about to invade the house.

The second time I watched it, I didn't see that. I even looked to see if there was an alternate ending in "bonuses". Nothing.

I saw it about 2 months ago and I remember the first ending you reference.

I was pretty underwelmed by First Man. It's not bad, it's just not great either. Originally it was hyped like an Oscar vehicle for Gosling but I thought he came across like he didn't want to be in the movie. I mean maybe Armstrong was exactly like that IRL but that doesn't make it a good movie.

Just watched Good Will Hunting for the first time in a looooong time...

I forgot just how good the Williams-Damon scenes are...dayum..

That scene by the pond at their second session, when Williams's Sean McGuire tears Will apart, is just an all time great scene..perfectly executed...setting, writing and especially Robin Williams performance...

Your first is the one I saw.

Come and See. 10/10. Surreal, savage Russian World War II film.

Midsommar. 5.5/10. The Swedes throw an odd party. If only Coachella went down like this.

The Biggest Little Farm. 7.25/10. City slickers becoming farmers. An enjoyable documentary. Todd the dog reminded me of my Newfie, Casper.

they figure out how to kill them easily then the movie ends

they figure out how to kill them easily then the movie ends

That's not really what I'm saying . Both times I saw it they figured out how to kill them. But the first time I saw it the last scene was showing the outside of the house with more about to attack, more than they could handle.

The second time was like you say, they figure out how to kill them and kill the one inside... Then the movie ends.

Two totally different endings.

That's not really what I'm saying . Both times I saw it they figured out how to kill them. But the first time I saw it the last scene was showing the outside of the house with more about to attack, more than they could handle.

The second time was like you say, they figure out how to kill them and kill the one inside... Then the movie ends.

Two totally different endings.
Oh. My bad. Not sure.

Watched the two-part doc on HBO "I love you, now die" it was very interesting, about a 17 year old girl who had a long distance relationship with a boy for two years and he was mentally disturbed, he talked about committing suicide and eventually she told him to via text and phone calls and he finally did it and she was charged with manslaughter. Lots of opinions on both sides if it was an actual crime.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Watched the two-part doc on HBO "I love you, now die" it was very interesting, about a 17 year old girl who had a long distance relationship with a boy for two years and he was mentally disturbed, he talked about committing suicide and eventually she told him to via text and phone calls and he finally did it and she was charged with manslaughter. Lots of opinions on both sides if it was an actual crime.

I think there was a pretty big thread about this when it happened in the Pub. Pretty screwed up stuff.

Reactions: bignewt
Super interesting. Think she’s innocent. Two mentally ill teens.

Reactions: bignewt
My nephews were just in town (three of them ages 8 to 15) and I had them watch Tommy Boy and The Rundown. They loved The Rundown which I was surprised to see still holds up really well (Walken is amazing), and they liked Tommy Boy, although not as much as I expected.

Also, we watched the PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 and they were all about it. If you haven't seen that version, it's worth it for the extra scenes with Fred Savage (it's on Prime right now).

Took the day off yesterday. By later afternoon I needed to get out of the house so I went to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I liked it although I am a fan of Tarantino's humor/satire and ensemble casts with lots of stars.

Booksmart 9/10...super funny, the whole cast was awesome and I can't believe how well Olivia Wilde did in her directorial debut, man she is smokin hot and a great director? Wowzer. Probably one of the best high school movies ever.

Booksmart 9/10...super funny, the whole cast was awesome and I can't believe how well Olivia Wilde did in her directorial debut, man she is smokin hot and a great director? Wowzer. Probably one of the best high school movies ever.

I haven't seen this or A Vigilante yet. I'll probably regret A Vigilante but Im sure I've regretted worse. I love me some Olivia Wilde.

Anyone seen Arctic? I'm gonna watch it tonight.

VN Store

Back