Most memorable VN recruiting thread

I don't remember who the NC guy was. LWS (Larry), Orange Venom, GFW, you, and AV were the popular insiders when I joined. Bob Mueller was another insider but he always posted bad news.

Edit: I forgot Skeeter. Thanks @kennedy262. I also forgot about Deerpark
LWS was a good one. Bob Mueller would pop in out of nowhere with a gem and then disappear.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Darnell Washington
Bryce Brown

Both threads provided endless supplies of pocket presents

Tell us more stories.

*I'd like to have a thread of just crazy recruiting stories.

Wish I could remember. LOL

Kelvin Shepherd and Perry Riley told Chavis at 8 on NSD they were about ready to fax papers to UT but sent them to LSU instead.

Cornerback that went to NC State (started 4 years) told Dan Brooks he picked them because of their ice cream machine in athletic dorm. UT had one in Gibbs. His name was Davis, cant remember first name.

At one time, I had a UT fan email list of almost 900 fans. I was asked to communicate to list that DaRick Roger's was going to dinner at a particular restaurant. If UT fans could be there to give him ovation when he showed up. It was NSD and he had signed already. A coach had asked me to send.

Someone on the list posted email on a msg board and UT compliance saw it. They called me and told me to send out retraction and they were contacting Roger's to not go to the restaurant.

I deleted email list after this happened.

At one time, I had a UT fan email list of almost 900 fans. I was asked to communicate to list that DaRick Roger's was going to dinner at a particular restaurant. If UT fans could be there to give him ovation when he showed up. It was NSD and he had signed already. A coach had asked me to send.

Someone on the list posted email on a msg board and UT compliance saw it. They called me and told me to send out retraction and they were contacting Roger's to not go to the restaurant.

I deleted email list after this happened.

What a weird thing to do

Gruden has never intended to come to UT to coach. Never. He loved the stories and rumors but not college coaching.
Iā€™m not doubting yaā€¦ā€¦ just saying what was told to me. Dude was adamant.
maybe why UT sucked at getting coaches. He didnā€™t know what he was talking about:p

At one time I knew one of the pilots that flew coaches around. He would let me know sometimes when on a flight to see a recruit.

Texted once when headed to Missouri to see if I knew who they were going to see. A QB. It was Drew Lock.

VN Store

Back