Most memorable VN recruiting thread

There are lots of threads about 5 star recruits we never landed that make me sad. But this one also makes me feel old.

RE: AV

Miss the guy. Did not know him, but by all accounts seemed to be a really nice guy. He would make some assertions that proved totally wrong, but it seemed, as has been mentioned previously, he got caught up with what recruits were saying/telling coaches and was wrong on some major recruits. Missed badly on some big time battles with UGA, with Darnell Washington being biggest whiff. I felt that he took that one particularly hard. Didn't he even maintain DW was coming here while the worst kept secret was he had already signed with UGA on ESD?

RE: AV

Miss the guy. Did not know him, but by all accounts seemed to be a really nice guy. He would make some assertions that proved totally wrong, but it seemed, as has been mentioned previously, he got caught up with what recruits were saying/telling coaches and was wrong on some major recruits. Missed badly on some big time battles with UGA, with Darnell Washington being biggest whiff. I felt that he took that one particularly hard. Didn't he even maintain DW was coming here while the worst kept secret was he had already signed with UGA on ESD?
No one can blame him for listening to a 18 year old about their college education decision that really was about child care 🙄. Show of hands that actually believe that was the selling point. No one but AV know what was being told about that situation by DW.

Jalen hurd
Adoree jackson
Carl lawson
Vonn bell
James wilder
Jesse Scroggins
Jeff Luc
Preston Williams
Kyle prater
Darick Rogers
Markeith ambles
Bryce brown
Marlon brown

I’ve been posting since 2009 and these are the threads that I remember being particularly long and ridiculous.
Yeah. I’ve been Vol Nation a little bit longer than you and you are SPOT ON with your list. I would probably add Dillon Bates and Khalil McKensie as well.

That’s pathetic. Its not that serious.
It’s not but some people take it that far. It’s a relentless pursuit of tearing down anyone that brings anything to the board because they don’t know anything themselves. It happened to AV. It happened to me. GFW barely posts anymore. Marker got ran off. Amsler used to come with great info but was too respectful to Danny Parker to really share it.

I liked the J. Kongbo thread. The ice cream picture was epic.

The Paul Bain thread had some great jokes.

The Adoree Jackson, Von Bell, and Darnell Washington threads had me hooked.

"Over the moon" and "FU money" are the last things I remember from AV. I always looked forward to his posts and I can't remember how many posters had stories about AV's generosity.

BUT........Nothing beats the Gruden Threads.

Grudenites

#soon

GBO

Last edited:
It’s not but some people take it that far. It’s a relentless pursuit of tearing down anyone that brings anything to the board because they don’t know anything themselves. It happened to AV. It happened to me. GFW barely posts anymore. Marker got ran off. Amsler used to come with great info but was too respectful to Danny Parker to really share it.
What happened to @Orange Venom? He was a big time insider. His posts were very popular when I 1st joined VN

I forgot about him. He was a great source for Georgia HS info. Whatever happened to the guy that was plugged into North Carolina?
I don't remember who the NC guy was. LWS (Larry), Orange Venom, GFW, you, and AV were the popular insiders when I joined. Bob Mueller was another insider but he always posted bad news.

Edit: I forgot Skeeter. Thanks @kennedy262. I also forgot about Deerpark

Last edited:
Reactions: hooter vol
The Three Amigos with one of them being Denico Autry and a DT that went to Alabama. Also, every insider on this board including and since skeeter and OCIVol have been full of sh*t.

Reactions: NMVol

VN Store

Back