Most memorable VN recruiting thread

Wish I could remember. LOL

Kelvin Shepherd and Perry Riley told Chavis at 8 on NSD they were about ready to fax papers to UT but sent them to LSU instead.

Cornerback that went to NC State (started 4 years) told Dan Brooks he picked them because of their ice cream machine in athletic dorm. UT had one in Gibbs. His name was Davis, cant remember first name.
That was the ice cream guy. I was trying to remember who it was.

A few different stories of coaches camping out beside a recruits house. I think Orgeron had one of those when he was here.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
That was the ice cream guy. I was trying to remember who it was.

A few different stories of coaches camping out beside a recruits house. I think Orgeron had one of those when he was here.

Greg Adkins story...

Left Knoxville and flew to Chicago real early on Monday morning to see Ramon Foster. Went to his father's store and sat on stoop until father showed up. Visited with him. Then to school to see Ramon.

Left Chicago to go to Iowa and visit with LB named Davis I think. Spent time with him and family up into evening.

Took redeye to San Diego to visit Cody Pope. Arriving early morning. Spent day at school and then in home with family. Caught flight back to Knoxville over night.

Never saw a hotel room and was gone 2 nights.

The Butch Jones era was the wild, Wild West. Especially early on. No one even tried to hide the fact they were having affairs. Friday nights at the restaurant were for families. Saturday was for girlfriends. Thigs wife showed up one night and I thought he was going to die.
I hope the current staff isn’t quite so focused on extracurricular activities lol.

Reactions: ygrisby
Since it’s been a whole 2 days almost since our last commit, I thought it’d be fun to reminisce a little bit about the hours spent on the recruiting forum. What is the most memorable player thread/recruitment (regardless of if they became a Vol) that you can remember in your time on Volnation?

I don’t post much on here but I’m a pretty constant observer; the ones that came to mind that sparked this idea were:

Torrence Gibson
Adoree Jackson
Jalen Hurd
Cordarrelle Patterson
Henry T (unfortunately)

Curious to see which threads stand out to everyone over their time here
Bryce Brown
Otha Peters
Torrance Gibson
Every Gruden thread

In order:
Markieth Ambles
Torrance Gibson
Jesse Scroggins
Nu’Keese Richardson

Honorable mentions:
Adoree Jackson
Drew Richmond
Darnell Washington
Bryce Brown

This one doesn’t compare to some of the others but the Adrian Martinez thread turned into a huge gif/spam fest for a long time.

Reactions: boomvol
Which recruit was it that the infamous tank GIF got posted when a coach was on his way for an in home visit? Was that Adoree?

VN Store

Back