Most memorable VN recruiting thread

Stopped posting after the last coaching search. Hinted that we were getting James Franklin. “Over the moon.”
So was he a fraud? Or maybe he got ousted by White when he got here since he said he was going to find out who was leaking stuff? I’m sure nobody really knows

Reactions: hooter vol
On AV…by all accounts was a super nice guy, very generous, etc. He knew a few things because his family was involved somehow. But he spoke in absolutes when it came to recruits, and that’s just something you can’t do. Because who knows what the eff is going through a 17 year olds head. And he had a cult like following. If you called him on anything you were immediately ganged up on. It was weird. He really was only accurate about 25% of the time. A point I made. The fallout from that statement is why I left the board 2 years ago. I had people finding me on Twitter and Facebook to cuss me out. Had people leaving bad reviews for my restaurant. It was…interesting.

I think you have to acknowledge Darel Middleton because of the number of circuits and number of years. He was an 8th grader when he showed up on the boards. Committed to UT iirc, then decommitted or got dropped, changed schools, went somewhere, regretted his choice, transferred to UT, regretted transferring to UT, transferred out of UT, regretted transferring out of UT... like an 8 year soap opera. I wish him well, but that was a fickle young man.

Vouched that he was generous, yes
Not directed to you, but he was treated unfairly when we had OD running around dropping ‘nuggets’ and most everyone just laughed and moved on. As I have stated before, he reached out to me at my worst work moment on here and I’ll never forget that. So, I will take up for him every time.

Jesse Scroggins III

I believe Sab sent him the open letter about how big a star he would be at Tennessee. Scroggins signed with USC and was there at the same time as Kiffin. Scroggins then went to JUCO and ended up at Arizona. I don’t think he played much at all anywhere.

First paragraph of the love letter -
I know you are struggling with your decision. I just want you to know I wish you well wherever you play, but my heart will break for you if you announce Trojan. We love you in Tennessee. You would be our hero.

Reactions: Jack Burton
On AV…by all accounts was a super nice guy, very generous, etc. He knew a few things because his family was involved somehow. But he spoke in absolutes when it came to recruits, and that’s just something you can’t do. Because who knows what the eff is going through a 17 year olds head. And he had a cult like following. If you called him on anything you were immediately ganged up on. It was weird. He really was only accurate about 25% of the time. A point I made. The fallout from that statement is why I left the board 2 years ago. I had people finding me on Twitter and Facebook to cuss me out. Had people leaving bad reviews for my restaurant. It was…interesting.
That’s pathetic. Its not that serious.

Not directed to you, but he was treated unfairly when we had OD running around dropping ‘nuggets’ and most everyone just laughed and moved on. As I have stated before, he reached out to me at my worst work moment on here and I’ll never forget that. So, I will take up for him every time.
I’m not saying he wasn’t a nice guy

Jesse Scroggins III

I believe Sab sent him the open letter about how big a star he would be at Tennessee. Scroggins signed with USC and was there at the same time as Kiffin. Scroggins then went to JUCO and ended up at Arizona. I don’t think he played much at all anywhere.
Was coming here to say this, nothing will ever beat it.

Reactions: Jack Burton
AV, multiple times, let us know kids who were visiting before anyone else did. He also was telling us Cade was coming back MONTHS before thst was even rumored anywhere.

But sure, he missed a lot. There was a DE thst committed to uscjr a couple years back he said was coming here. That proved false but it later came out the kid did tell the staff he was coming here.

There’s a crazy phenomenon on forums where people like to pretend to be insiders. Must be the attention they crave. I used to moderate an NFL team forum and there were a number of times people would pretend to have this super secret draft info or work for the franchise and over heard a convo etc. 90% of the time the info was easily proven false. Yet they kept doing it.

Of all the people who had info, AV was one of the more legit. Last I remember was his posting during the coaching search. Said he was over the moon with the hire. I think he got bad info because at the time cjh was underwhelming. Not sure if he caught too much slack for that but I haven’t seen him back since.

AV, multiple times, let us know kids who were visiting before anyone else did. He also was telling us Cade was coming back MONTHS before thst was even rumored anywhere.

But sure, he missed a lot. There was a DE thst committed to uscjr a couple years back he said was coming here. That proved false but it later came out the kid did tell the staff he was coming here.

There’s a crazy phenomenon on forums where people like to pretend to be insiders. Must be the attention they crave. I used to moderate an NFL team forum and there were a number of times people would pretend to have this super secret draft info or work for the franchise and over heard a convo etc. 90% of the time the info was easily proven false. Yet they kept doing it.

Of all the people who had info, AV was one of the more legit. Last I remember was his posting during the coaching search. Said he was over the moon with the hire. I think he got bad info because at the time cjh was underwhelming. Not sure if he caught too much slack for that but I haven’t seen him back since.
You certainly stated it better than I did. Hats off to you.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

VN Store

Back