More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

Nuttin' like squished into my cushy aluminum seat in the hill endzone on the first game in September sweating my arse off in the brilliant Ktown summer sun w my fellow VN friends!!!

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I am concerned how it is going to look once completed. It may stick out like a sore thumb with all the bleacher seating and then one sideline of chair back seats. I also hope it does not become a seating area for big money/business and take away from the hostile environment of Neyland.
There will be a lot of corporate vendors bringing in customers and business associates from all over the country... all those folks that...."Gee... Ive never been to an SEC game...I'd like go to one... ya know.. just for fun... Blah Blah...id be happy to consider purchasing your product or service.... blah"

So yes.. High probability of a less hostile environment. More Deals less yells.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Don't be sad. Nothing is lost. Honestly.

Have you heard of the ship of Theseus? It goes like this: the first king of Athens, Theseus, had a ship built. Over the years, the ship was repaired bit by bit, old boards, sails and ropes being removed and replacements installed. By the end of Theseus' life, every part of the ship had been replaced at least once. Yet it was still thought of as the same ship, as Theseus' ship.

[part of the philosophical debate goes on to imagine a craftsman who kept all the old parts, and eventually reassembled them in his barn...the question then became, was this rotting hulk made of the ship's original parts ALSO the ship of Theseus? Was it even more the ship of Theseus than the ship everyone called the ship of Theseus?]

Another example of the same point is this: most every cell in the human body is replaced each 7 to 10 years. You literally have nothing physical in common with the you of two decades ago. Yet you remain you.

No worries for Neyland. Its spirit continues to thrive, even as old parts are replaced with new ones.

Go Vols!
Not every cell in your body is replaced like that. Your brain isn’t reconstructing itself every seven years.

maybe you haven't been paying attention to the National worker shortage.

they pull in enough money on gameday to pay them more. there have been issues with lines for years in certain places. what was the excuse 3-4 years ago?

Has anybody found a webcam on the progress? I wonder how things are progressing, and the Google box came back empty.

Last edited:
https://www.tennesseefund.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/New-Upper-Deck-Ad-8.5x111-scaled.jpg

North End Zone Social Deck - Tennessee Fund

Nothing wrong with going to a sports bar, but i say if you want a sports bar atmosphere got to a sports bar and socialize, if you want to go and be engaged in really watching a football game, go to a football game.

$2,000 a pop.
No reason that both experiences can't be available in the same stadium. They do it everywhere.

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back