Mike Hamilton Says

This is the kind of guy where half our fan base would ***** and moan if we hired, but would come back three years later after he gets hired by Florida and kicks our asses complaining about how we should've hired him.

Reactions: 5 people
Frost in 2017 is Urban Meyer in 2005. Not a whole lot of head coaching experience but everyone has seen the job he's done at UCF (or Utah, in Urban's case) and know he's going to be stellar. If we can get Frost, we should take him.

Reactions: 8 people
Lord we can only hope. Gruden is a pipe dream and would be a less than stellar hire even if the fantasy came true.

First, I’m a Memphis fan. But for the life of me, I can’t figure out this fascination some of you have with Gruden. He hasn’t coached in at least 10 years, he has no current recruiting pipeline or staff, and, to my knowledge, has never been a college head coach. He sounds good while doing football commentary but so does Gene Chizik and Tommy Bowden. IMO, you’d be much better off with Frost, if you can keep Florida’s hands off of him.

Reactions: 4 people
Basilio is reporting that Mike Hamilton is saying it. Mike and John are friends so the rumor my have legs.

Don't shoot the messenger. Turn in now and listen for yourself.

They won't be friends for long if hammy is talking

Last edited:
This is the kind of guy where half our fan base would ***** and moan if we hired, but would come back three years later after he gets hired by Florida and kicks our asses complaining about how we should've hired him.

Florida seems to have hired Chip Kelly

Serious Question: Why do people want Gruden so bad? Great coach & great recruiter?? That seems like the only one lots of people want to come here...

Because his wife was a cheerleader at UT. Oh they have land in Severville and their son goes to UT. He won a Super Bowl too and has never recruited any players whatsoever. Hasn’t coached in over 10 years so all that qualifies him to make $10mil a year.

Reactions: 3 people
Would be huge, if true. Doubt it happens, though. He will have his choice of UT, UF, and Nebraska. Will pick UF or NU over UT. Would love to have him there, though.

Don’t think he’d pick Nebraska over UT. Too hard to get good recruits to go there. However, Florida’s a different story.

Why would Hamilton be in the know anyway? Doesn’t make sense. That might be who he would hire, but can’t see Currie sharing with anyone who is not currently a UT upper admin.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Hamilton be in the know anyway? Doesn’t make sense. That might be who he would hire, but can’t see Currie sharing with anyone who is not currently a UT upper admin.

It’s like so far out that I have no choice but to believe it.

He's bailing on his dream job by taking the Tennessee job. Wtf is so hard to understand. Nebraska wants hom

Exactly. If he wanted to go to Nebraska, he could go there now. If we outbid Florida for him now, while he is living and working, and recruiting, in Florida, then he has no reason to be in a hurry to go there later.

I am sure that he would have the option to go to plenty of places now. So, if he decides to come here, and does well here, then no reason to look elsewhere.

Frost is the flavor of the moment, and they don't always do very well when promoted to bigger jobs at bigger programs. He become the next Saban--who knows--but he certainly hasn't done much more than have one or two good years at a mid-major. Hire him and you're doing nothing but taking a flyer on the guy. I'd rather have someone with more experience--but I'd also prefer younger to someone too old like Les Miles.

I thought I saw one of the Florida guys in the around the NCAA forum say the Florida job is Frost's if he wanted it?

I don't know, I see Frost's first choice being Nebraska. Of course, the job has to open up sometime soon for that to happen.

VN Store

Back