Mike Hamilton Says

Wrong. CFU and South Florida clean up a lot of talent that can't meet academic requirements at larger conferences.
Kiffin is doing the same thing at FAU.

Uh, no. Academic requirements at UCF are solid. It's just as easy to get into many of the SEC schools as it is UCF.

And it's UCF, not CFU, so know what you are talking about.

Last year, Frost took a team that was 0-12 in 2015 and went to a bowl game. This year, they are 9-0 and leading the country in scoring. Frost may or may not end up being a great coach at a Power 5 school somewhere, but he is doing a great job right now at UCF.

Reactions: 2 people
Uh, no. Academic requirements at UCF are solid. It's just as easy to get into many of the SEC schools as it is UCF.

And it's UCF, not CFU, so know what you are talking about.

Last year, Frost took a team that was 0-12 in 2015 and went to a bowl game. This year, they are 9-0 and leading the country in scoring. Frost may or may not end up being a great coach at a Power 5 school somewhere, but he is doing a great job right now at UCF.

not here to argue or anything but Butch Jones took a 4-8 Cincinnati team in 2010 to a 2011/2012 record of 10-3, 9-3 season and he turned out to be a complete joke of a coach. Granted Kelly had a great 2009 season, i dont know how many senior they had though. I dont think most fans want a 'might be good' coach. after a decade of suck. We want a proven winner and if it doesnt work out at least we can say they went out and tried to get the right guy.

Last edited:
The old ball coach told my uncle that the Florida job is Kelly's if they can come to terms. He is a close friend to the old ball coach and the OBC knows everybody in Gainesville.

I would be thrilled with this hire. He isn't just 9-0 with a bunch of close wins. They are mud stomping teams. He was also very successful as an OC at Oregon. If Gruden and Kelly say no, he would be my third pick.

Wrong. CFU and South Florida clean up a lot of talent that can't meet academic requirements at larger conferences.
Kiffin is doing the same thing at FAU.

You'd think if someone knew enough about a school's academic requirements they would at least know the name of the school in question.

Now that that's out of the way, show me your works cited page since you called me out.

Last edited:
The old ball coach told my uncle that the Florida job is Kelly's if they can come to terms. He is a close friend to the old ball coach and the OBC knows everybody in Gainesville.

Spurrier also called Stoops to inquire his interest in coaching UF. Which is it?

This makes me mad. UT could have had Kelly if they made a move earlier. Now the SEC East gets a whole lot tougher if he goes to Florida.

BIG, EXPENSIVE, EXPLOSIVE....

That doesn’t seem like Frost to me.

I’m not saying Frost wouldn’t do well, because I actually think he is a legit guy. But I think those expletives only fit Gruden or Kelly. Just my opinion. Lol

I'm telling you if we end up with Frost we lucked into the next big time coach.

I get alot of you are saying well he's beating a bunch of no bodies and his conference is weak. Level of competition etc. And I get that but as mentioned he took at team that was WINLESS and in first year they went to bowl, and in 2nd year they are undefeated. Keep in mind that's only 2 years meaning that's not fully his players yet, it's the same team that was WINLESS so that's coaching.

The more you look into Frost and dig into his history youll like him more and more. He won a National championship at Nebraska playing QB. If you look into his coaching tree and who his influences are it's pretty impressive. He's been a successful offensive and defensive coordinator that's rare! This guy is special.

Am I saying he's my first choice? No.

I want to kick the tires on Petersen, Patterson, Franklin and few other proven guys. But if we get this guy I'm telling you he's special. I definitely don't want Florida to get him.

Next Urban Meyer type.

Reactions: 6 people
This would be like obsessing over getting a Ferrari all year for Christmas and being given a Porsche 911 turbo instead. I'll take it.

Bill Clark at UAB has taken a team in its first year from a two year death sentence to 7-3 and is bowl eligible with whatever players he could find. in year 1. This is an incredible feat! The man can coach.

He also beat Southern Miss 30-12. Butch beat Southern Miss with 4 & 5 Star players 24-10. Clark will be a P-5 coach very soon.

Smh

Mike Hamilton grrrr.

Mike made some idiotic decisions, but remember this- he fired Phil bc mediocrity was unacceptable and while he was wrong, he thought he was shooting for a homerun with Kiffin.

Dave Hart pursued mediocrity and only mediocrity and told us to shut up and like it. Dave Hart is the worst damn POS we’ve ever had at this university. He was Bama garbage.

This makes me mad. UT could have had Kelly if they made a move earlier. Now the SEC East gets a whole lot tougher if he goes to Florida.

Or...it doesn't because it's never going to happen.

Chip Kelly isn't the wet dream you think he is.

Some interesting background on Scott Frost. (yeah, I was bored)

When he was a junior in High School, coached by his dad AND mom, he never came off the football field, playing offense, defense, and yes trumpet, in the band at halftime.

His mom was a world class athlete and '68 Olympian in the discus who won a Gold the year before at the Pan-American games. She coached the Nebraska women's track team for 3 years after which she left to help her husband (who played football at Nebraska also) coach the high school football team, one of only 2 women at the time in the country. She continues to compete internationally in her 70's and has a age-group world record in the javelin.

Scott is extremely close to his parents and they live an hour from Lincoln. He's slated to get married in the spring.

He initially played football at Stanford, following in his brother's footsteps, before transferring to Nebraska to play for Tom Osborne, where he won a National Championship.

It's certainly easy to see why he's such a great coach, having been coached as a player by Osborne, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick, and Jon Gruden.

He started out as a defensive coach and became a DC in his 2nd year at N. Iowa leading them to 4th in the FCS. He then started coaching under Chip Kelly and Mark Helfrich at Oregon in 2009 going from WRs to OC/QBs. When he left in 2016 to take the UCF job, Oregon fell apart under Helfrich.

Reading on the Nebraska boards, it seems they are fairly confident that he's coming there, but realize that Florida most likely, but Tennessee as well, could be an obstacle to securing him. They're way more concerned about Florida, since he lives just an hour and half down the road.

Thought this was interesting:
Even more telling, though, was Frost saying it was actually easier recruiting to UCF than it was when he was an assistant at Oregon. Frost admitted it was a tough sell to convince recruits to travel hundreds, even thousands of miles, to play football in the Pacific Northwest. “I've been recruiting all week,” Frost said last year upon taking his name out of the running at Oregon. “[One day,] I drove to a [nearby] town in Florida, recruited and was back in Orlando that night. [The next day,] I drove to another town in Florida and was back at home that night. That's a lot different than flying all over the country and sleeping in a different state every night.”

The knock on Florida (from the Nebraska fans perspective) is Spurrier and Foley still meddling, the lack of patience of the fanbase, the needed facilities upgrades, and the intense competition now for recruits.

Let's face it, if Nebraska called and offered him, it would be extremely hard for him to turn them down. They asked Bear Bryant why he left Texas AM to go to his alma mater in '58 and he said “Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'.” The same could be said for Frost.

Reactions: 4 people
Or...it doesn't because it's never going to happen.

Chip Kelly isn't the wet dream you think he is.

Hope you are right. I’m worried that Kelly would do well with the right resources - given his successful college coaching record. Would love for him to coach at UT.

VN Store

Back