Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
I agree Kiffin would do well here, but I just can't imagine how it would look taking a guy that has only been at a program for 1 year after he dumped us after 1 year and ignited this dumpster fire UT has been in for more than 10 years. And could you imagine if he dumped us again? How stupid UT would look?

Once again, Ole Miss to Tennessee is the same move as Tennessee to USC. Both were upgrades. The only difference is USC was Kiffin's dream job. If shoe was on the other foot and we had a chance to get someone who called Tennessee their dream job for years and was going to leave after one season to come here, we'd welcome with open arms.

And there aren't many jobs that Kiffin could jump to if he gets us back to winning.

The guy's ego (while tamped down) wants to be the one to end Saban's reign, he's also matured. If Tennessee ever gets back to winning big, the coach to do it will be enshrined in this state and will never have to pay for a meal again.

Of course if Kiffin does leave, it would be because he has us winning and some opportunity came up that was better than Tennessee.

At this point, Tennessee surprised everyone with the White hire and money it took. Energy is trending up. Kiffin coming back would be the most energetic hire we could make. Tickets would be sold out and we'd literally be the talk of the country for the next year. He's not the only coach, but he would by far be the most energetic hire we could make the shake the landscape of Tennessee football and the SEC.

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Once again, Ole Miss to Tennessee is the same move as Tennessee to USC. Both were upgrades. The only difference is USC was Kiffin's dream job. If shoe was on the other foot and we had a chance to get someone who called Tennessee their dream job for years and was going to leave after one season to come here, we'd welcome with open arms.

And there aren't many jobs that Kiffin could jump to if he gets us back to winning.

The guy's ego (while tamped down) wants to be the one to end Saban's reign, he's also matured. If Tennessee ever gets back to winning big, the coach to do it will be enshrined in this state and will never have to pay for a meal again.

Of course if Kiffin does leave, it would be because he has us winning and some opportunity came up that was better than Tennessee.

At this point, Tennessee surprised everyone with the White hire and money it took. Energy is trending up. Kiffin coming back would be the most energetic hire we could make. Tickets would be sold out and we'd literally be the talk of the country for the next year. He's not the only coach, but he would by far be the most energetic hire we could make the shake the landscape of Tennessee football and the SEC.
SMDH. Style over Substance. The act will wear off each year as we continue to lose to Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

It amazes me that despite how awful Tennessee has been lately, 8 losing seasons in the last 13 years, we still have fans who think Matt Campbell isn’t good enough for UT.
He is good enough, I voted no because I am biased and want a different candidate

Yes or no? Everyone thinks it would never happen. I believe he makes around 3.5 mil a year, unless he has been raised. 6 mil buyout is doable and worth it. You wouldn't have to throw 7/8 mil at him. 5 or 5.5 mil may get him here.

It's pretty unreal what he's done at Iowa St.

I like Matt Campbell. Here's what people don't understand tho...
Big 12 is waaaaaay down. You look at recruiting rankings and their records against out of conference foes. Obviously Texas being down has something to do with that.

Campbell is coaching his boys up good. They get sky high for their opponents. They relish the "underdog " role. That only works for so long. When they play a team at their talent level (Louisiana 2020) who also is well coached and has a chip on their shoulder....

Point is Campbell needs to recruit better AND put his coaching with that. Because Big 12 is down. SEC is not.

In all honesty he really should be able to recruit better to Iowa State. Not top 25 maybe but definitely top 40. Kentucky recruits in that area or higher.

Big 12 is waaaaaay down. You look at recruiting rankings and their records against out of conference foes. Obviously Texas being down has something to do with that.

Campbell is coaching his boys up good. They get sky high for their opponents. They relish the "underdog " role. That only works for so long. When they play a team at their talent level (Louisiana 2020) who also is well coached and has a chip on their shoulder....

Point is Campbell needs to recruit better AND put his coaching with that. Because Big 12 is down. SEC is not.

In all honesty he really should be able to recruit better to Iowa State. Not top 25 maybe but definitely top 40. Kentucky recruits in that area or higher.

and Iowa St would kick Kentucky's ass and Kentucky kicked our ass......

It amazes me that despite how awful Tennessee has been lately, 8 losing seasons in the last 13 years, we still have fans who think Matt Campbell isn’t good enough for UT.
I’d be excited to hire the Toledo Matt Campbell, let alone the one coming off a NY6 bowl in just Year 5 at Iowa St. I’d be excited to have an AD that could make a move like Michigan St in the 90’s and hire Saban out of Toledo. Or find an assistant like Dabo or Riley or Smart.

Very few of the top P5 coaches were plucked from another P5 coming off a NY bowl game and with a top team returning. To keep the comparison going, it would be ****ing fantastic it Campbell were like Saban and left his roots and successful P5 rebuild to unexpectedly jump to a downtrodden SEC power. I’m just not sure Campbell is doing that this off-season, and that Tennessee has the pull of LSU.

With the success he's had at Iowa St and damn near the top of the league there in the Big 12, Texas may be a step down or lateral. I think Sark is gonna get Texas rolling big time. May be a good time for Campbell to make the jump to the best conference in the country, although Tennesee is currently a doormat.....
But we have better players and he can make them better.

I’d be excited to hire the Toledo Matt Campbell, let alone the one coming off a NY6 bowl in just Year 5 at Iowa St. I’d be excited to have an AD that could make a move like Michigan St in the 90’s and hire Saban out of Toledo. Or find an assistant like Dabo or Riley or Smart.

Very few of the top P5 coaches were plucked from another P5 coming off a NY bowl game and with a top team returning. To keep the comparison going, it would be ****ing fantastic it Campbell were like Saban and left his roots and successful P5 rebuild to unexpectedly jump to a downtrodden SEC power. I’m just not sure Campbell is doing that this off-season, and that Tennessee has the pull of LSU.
Tennessee looks like now with recruiting as LSU did when Saban went there and Alabama.

Don’t be so SEC hillbilly.

The SEC sucked this year. The Big 12 went 5-0 in bowls. UT embarrassed UGa, OU made UF their bitch. Iowa St plays 10 P5s a year. Their schedule is harder than the SEC outside of Bama.

We need a coach accustom to winning with less. We’re not beating the top of college football playing the recruiting game.

Look at Iowa St’s results- every game is close, whether that be Texas or Drake. It’s not about talent- it’s the style of play. It’s upper Midwest football, and what we need to play

Reactions: Volnbeers
Tennessee looks like now with recruiting as LSU did when Saban went there and Alabama.
Not to most that closely follow the sport. Tennessee is closer to the Nebraska of the SEC. The upside is rooted in dynamics of last century. Don’t get me wrong, much better than Nebraska, but still behind many in the SEC.

With the success he's had at Iowa St and damn near the top of the league there in the Big 12, Texas may be a step down or lateral. I think Sark is gonna get Texas rolling big time. May be a good time for Campbell to make the jump to the best conference in the country, although Tennesee is currently a doormat.....

Sark won’t last 3 years with Texas boosters. They’re already trying to run the show.

Reactions: Border Vol
Undefeated vs UGa? Lol
Don’t resort to this. It’s a sign your position sucks.

Oh so people don’t know the future? Crazy ass take there. Especially for folks saying Kiffin or whoever the next coach is would be losing to teams year after year without seeing games played.

Oh so people don’t know the future? Crazy ass take there. Especially for folks saying Kiffin or whoever the next coach is would be losing to teams year after year without seeing games played.
Anyone using the phrase Kiffin is undefeated against UGa is not worth discussing this with.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back