Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
You realize these two statements are completely different, no?

1. “Matt Campbell is in play.”
2. “Matt Campbell could be in play.”

Your thread title indicates you do not.

Lane Kiffin could be in play, if he didn’t act like a man baby. Bear Bryant could be in play, if he wasn’t pushing up daisies. Reverend Blindside could be in play, if he didn’t have an issue with call girls he was working on with the Lord.

I think Tim needs to set down his Twitter if he thinks it’ll make him more relevant. That’s straight trash.

Now there is a guy who needs to requisition a name change.
There’s a guy who always runs for local office basically every cycle. Different positions. Don’t think he has ever won.

His name is Richard Head. I’ve considered voting out of simple pity, but just can’t push the button.

Reactions: TNnative
You realize these two statements are completely different, no?

1. “Matt Campbell is in play.”
2. “Matt Campbell could be in play.”

Your thread title indicates you do not.

Lane Kiffin could be in play, if he didn’t act like a man baby. Bear Bryant could be in play, if he wasn’t pushing up daisies. Reverend Blindside could be in play, if he didn’t have an issue with call girls he was working on with the Lord.

I think Tim needs to set down his Twitter if he thinks it’ll make him more relevant. That’s straight trash.
Call girls need Jesus too.

Reactions: kcvols1
It's Iowa State. Coming here automatically improves his roster at every position. Coming here gives him recruiting map that is literally nationwide.

The "I don't get the love" talk for Campbell is basically a repeat conversation from 2017 about Dan Mullen. Iowa State is only going to win at a certain level. Campbell has shown he can coach up 2 and 3 stars. He'd basically have unlimited exposure to 4 and 5 stars at Tennessee. That goes for any coach.
Iowa St is better at many positions right now, and that’s why Campbell should be at the top of all Vols fans list. He either found or developed better talent at QB, RB, TE, a couple DL, S, and one LB. I can’t speak on the OL, but presumably there are a few better at Iowa St too.

Tennessee needs to stop playing Bama, LSU, UF, and UGa’s game. Even A&M to a degree. Embrace being the blue collar program with a white collar budget. Dare I say be the Big 10 team of the SEC

Yes or no? Everyone thinks it would never happen. I believe he makes around 3.5 mil a year, unless he has been raised. 6 mil buyout is doable and worth it. You wouldn't have to throw 7/8 mil at him. 5 or 5.5 mil may get him here.

It's pretty unreal what he's done at Iowa St.
He’s definitely worth it, but he’s turned down better jobs.

There’s a guy who always runs for local office basically every cycle. Different positions. Don’t think he has ever won.

His name is Richard Head. I’ve considered voting out of simple pity, but just can’t push the button.

That was the same name as Coach Summitt's father.

Reactions: pondr and kcvols1
He’s the most successful coach in Iowa State history. His 35 wins in his five years there are the most that ISU has ever won in any five year stretch. He just finished up his fourth consecutive winning seasons. The last time that ISU had four consecutive winning seasons was 1924-1927. Iowa State had the 57th ranked roster according to the 247 talent composite rankings. Yet he beat OU and Texas this year, played for the conference title, and won the Fiesta Bowl.
He goes 8-5 every season. Not very impressive

Campbell would be #2 on my list. #1 is Kiffin.

I don't see any way Freeze is ever an option here unless he wanted to go OC route. He either sat on his hands with USC, Vandy, or Auburn and waited on Tennessee or those schools think he's untouchable.

I agree Kiffin would do well here, but I just can't imagine how it would look taking a guy that has only been at a program for 1 year after he dumped us after 1 year and ignited this dumpster fire UT has been in for more than 10 years. And could you imagine if he dumped us again? How stupid UT would look?

Reactions: dlravol2
wait wait wait! 8-5 at iowa state playing texas and oklahoma and oklahoma state every year with the 50 something class, and putting them in the nfl. Allan Lazard, David Montgomery... etc.

With the success he's had at Iowa St and damn near the top of the league there in the Big 12, Texas may be a step down or lateral. I think Sark is gonna get Texas rolling big time. May be a good time for Campbell to make the jump to the best conference in the country, although Tennesee is currently a doormat.....
The only thing to sway Campbell is a money offer too good for him to turn down.

lol
No way am I paying Campell 6.5 mil per year right out of the gate.

8 mil per year to Petersen would be a just cause.

I'd be happy with Petersen too.

My point is I hope that White takes the same approach Plowman took when hiring him: identify who you want, then go make them an offer they can't refuse.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
At Iowa State.......And actually he doesn’t go 8-5 every season. They didn’t last year. He’s won at least 9 games 4 times in his coaching career.

I'm not saying he is a bad coach, massive.....massive upgrade over Jeremy Pruitt, I just think there are some better options.

Why can’t people get it that Campbell is not a good fit in SEC, most likely not leaving is cushy gig, and is a weirdo?

VN Store

Back