Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
He has no agent chasing money for him and has stayed at ISU over getting paid more elsewhere.

A different angle than money is needed. History, and bringing a once proud program back are the biggest sells.
He turned down interviewing for the Jets...but it's also the jets lol

Reactions: MocVol
Why can’t people get it that Campbell is not a good fit in SEC, most likely not leaving is cushy gig, and is a weirdo?

Because he took the same path as Saban, and Majors. with similar, or better results. he is sitting right where saban was before he took off.

Reliable inside information or just your opinion?

I have zero insider info. My opinion. He’s been linked to many jobs that he could have easily taken. His hand is even stronger now. Of course I’d be over the moon with him but he could have had the Texas job and turned his nose up. There’s virtually nothing that draws him to, or ties him with, Tennessee or the conference. Pipe dream not worth fretting over.

I have zero insider info. My opinion. He’s been linked to many jobs that he could have easily taken. His hand is even stronger now. Of course I’d be over the moon with him but he could have had the Texas job and turned his nose up. There’s virtually nothing that draws him to, or ties him with, Tennessee or the conference. Pipe dream not worth fretting over.
I’m not going to dismiss it completely until someone else is announced or Campbell is officially ruled out as a possibility. I learned the hard way you should never make a claim that 100% something is going to happen or not happen.

Reactions: Volboy
I would like to see George Quarles get in our program somehow. Not saying head coach (maybe) but has a nose for consistently winning. It's a thought process and he knows how to get it understood. 250-16 at Maryville and 11 state championships.
you don’t mean it do you?

Reactions: malibuvol
I’m not going to dismiss it completely until someone else is announced or Campbell is officially ruled out as a possibility. I learned the hard way you should never make a claim that 100% something is going to happen or not happen.

You’re right but he’s a dream candidate. Not realistic. Rather think about and discuss more viable options.

Reactions: Steve_Smith89

VN Store

Back