Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
I would like to see George Quarles get in our program somehow. Not saying head coach (maybe) but has a nose for consistently winning. It's a thought process and he knows how to get it understood. 250-16 at Maryville and 11 state championships.

Surely a $3 million raise to come coach in the SEC would be hard to say no to.
Not if you’re not a delusional SEC fan, and know you have other $3 million raises as options, all of which would actually be guaranteed.
CMC is a hot commodity at a P5, moving to a rebuild at Tennessee isn’t about money or conference affiliation.

Reactions: finn
lol
No way am I paying Campell 6.5 mil per year right out of the gate.

8 mil per year to Petersen would be a just cause.
That’s laughable. You wouldn’t do $6.5 for Campbell but you’d do $8 for Petersen.

CMC is a younger Petersen without the burnout. Taking Iowa st to the Feista in just 5 years is better than anything Petersen did at Washington and better fits what Tennessee needs. Petersen built his name from inheritance at Boise. We’re a rebuild

He turned down Texas. He ain't comin' to Tennessee. With him, it's not about money anymore. He's very happy. Hard to put a price on that.
Mmm..I beg to differ. Ever been on a Jet ski?

How about 10 Jet Ski's?

Campbell would be #2 on my list. #1 is Kiffin.

I don't see any way Freeze is ever an option here unless he wanted to go OC route. He either sat on his hands with USC, Vandy, or Auburn and waited on Tennessee or those schools think he's untouchable.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Don't really get the love for Matt Campbell, He loses 5+ games every season.

Hard Pass

It's Iowa State. Coming here automatically improves his roster at every position. Coming here gives him recruiting map that is literally nationwide.

The "I don't get the love" talk for Campbell is basically a repeat conversation from 2017 about Dan Mullen. Iowa State is only going to win at a certain level. Campbell has shown he can coach up 2 and 3 stars. He'd basically have unlimited exposure to 4 and 5 stars at Tennessee. That goes for any coach.

Don't really get the love for Matt Campbell, He loses 5+ games every season.

Hard Pass
He’s the most successful coach in Iowa State history. His 35 wins in his five years there are the most that ISU has ever won in any five year stretch. He just finished up his fourth consecutive winning seasons. The last time that ISU had four consecutive winning seasons was 1924-1927. Iowa State had the 57th ranked roster according to the 247 talent composite rankings. Yet he beat OU and Texas this year, played for the conference title, and won the Fiesta Bowl.

im a hard in. this guy has been waiting for the right moment. he is a head coach. he wins. he puts people in the nfl. he is a very good coach, and he is experienced. he also took the same path as saban and majors with similar results or better. he has played against top 5 schools his whole career, including ohio state, michigan, texas, and oklahoma. what the actual **** is your problem?

It takes 3 things to get a guy like Campbell.
1. Somewhere he could win at the next level. He is winning at a good clip now considering, but ISU has restrictions other places don't. And hes about maxed them out.

2. Enough $

3. An admin and situation that is set up to allow maximum success that someone wants to work for.

UT has the first 2. And has taken some steps toward #3.

The fact he hasn't jumped yet is interesting because he has had opportunities. He's a no- brainer if you can pull it off.

VN Store

Back