Marxist Black Lives Matter

I understand that but a warrant is a warrant. They can't just be like "welp... He didn't answer... Let's go home" it's a court order to do what they did and they did it while knocking and announcing. The bf isn't being charged so it seems the DA is at least understanding of his situation. A DA that's is a black man iirc.
I'm not convinced they announced. The knocking they did was knocking the door down. The police could have backed off and made sure they identified themselves to a level the occupants could hear them before returning fire. And didn't it turn out they already had the guy they were looking for in custody?

Reactions: AM64
I'm not convinced they announced. The knocking they did was knocking the door down. The police could have backed off and made sure they identified themselves to a level the occupants could hear them before returning fire. And didn't it turn out they already had the guy they were looking for in custody?
That's on the da or Ada, not the cops. A warrant is a court order. They cant say no.

There were multiple people and items on the warrant

Reactions: AM64 and BayVol7
Fact checking 8 myths in Breonna Taylor case: Was she asleep when police shot her? Is there body-cam footage? (msn.com)

The BF fired one shot, the 3 police officers fired more than 20 rounds. Their target, if their defense is return fire, should have been the BF. He was hit a grand total of zero times. ZERO. Breonna Taylor was hit SIX times.

One of the three detectives was indeed fired for blindly firing 10 rounds into the apartment.

How the hell anyone is still defending this is beyond me.

Thanks for proving I am correct about where you get your “facts”.

Thanks for proving I am correct about where you get your “facts”.
lmao I get my news from a lot of places. Not just networks or websites dedicated to one agenda or the other. I actually thought that article was rather fair in giving both the police and victim perspective. But I guess the victim perspective doesn't mean much to you.

When you can't legitimately refute what happened, I guess this is the track you have to take to try and maintain your narrative. Can't admit the police killed an innocent black woman in her home after all.

lmao I get my news from a lot of places. Not just networks or websites dedicated to one agenda or the other. I actually thought that article was rather fair in giving both the police and victim perspective. But I guess the victim perspective doesn't mean much to you.

When you can't legitimately refute what happened, I guess this is the track you have to take to try and maintain your narrative. Can't admit the police killed an innocent black woman in her home after all.

I concede that we will never agree.

I concede that we will never agree.

I generally agree with your opinions, but I'm with Weezer on this one. Anybody can yell "police" and knock down a door. Police could also knock and give it all of a couple of seconds before knocking down the door, and then claim we knocked and got no reply.

We had a friend who was the victim of a swatting call. He happened to be a retired Navy officer, a nurse, and somebody who would do anything to help another person. He went downstairs about 2 AM (as I recall) with a pistol in his hand to see what the commotion outside was all about. It's not clear if the cops even knocked, but they shot him through a window and killed him without warning. He never knew the commotion outside was the police.

To surprise someone in their home and not give them an opportunity to determine that it is a legitimate police presence is simply wrong. I get the legitimacy for very specific and very defined instances like hostage situations, but home invasion by cop is over the top.

I generally agree with your opinions, but I'm with Weezer on this one. Anybody can yell "police" and knock down a door. Police could also knock and give it all of a couple of seconds before knocking down the door, and then claim we knocked and got no reply.

We had a friend who was the victim of a swatting call. He happened to be a retired Navy officer, a nurse, and somebody who would do anything to help another person. He went downstairs about 2 AM (as I recall) with a pistol in his hand to see what the commotion outside was all about. It's not clear if the cops even knocked, but they shot him through a window and killed him without warning. He never knew the commotion outside was the police.

To surprise someone in their home and not give them an opportunity to determine that it is a legitimate police presence is simply wrong. I get the legitimacy for very specific and very defined instances like hostage situations, but home invasion by cop is over the top.

But NOT against the law in KY.
I guess I was just brought up that you don’t fire a gun at a cop.

No knock warrant served a purpose. They’re all criminals that don’t need a warning before they are arrested. The Breonna Taylor incident is one of those. He knew it was the police coming in his house and he shot at them anyway.
Several years ago in Lebanon TN a man was killed by LEOs entering on a no knock warrant. The man was innocent. The LEOs had the wrong address.

I understand that but a warrant is a warrant. They can't just be like "welp... He didn't answer... Let's go home" it's a court order to do what they did and they did it while knocking and announcing. The bf isn't being charged so it seems the DA is at least understanding of his situation. A DA that's is a black man iirc.
They can. Otherwise people would only be arrested in their residence.

Several years ago in Lebanon TN a man was killed by LEOs entering on a no knock warrant. The man was innocent. The LEOs had the wrong address.

That sucks!
There are always going to be mistakes made in law-enforcement and in healthcare and in trials. That does not mean that warrants are not necessary. I have no problem if no knock warrants are totally outlawed.
But until they are, they will continue to be used.
I am heavily armed in my home but, I guarantee you this, if someone comes into my house I’m going to know who it is before I start shooting.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
That sucks!
There are always going to be mistakes made in law-enforcement and in healthcare and in trials. That does not mean that warrants are not necessary. I have no problem if no knock warrants are totally outlawed.
But until they are, they will continue to be used.
I am heavily armed in my home but, I guarantee you this, if someone comes into my house I’m going to know who it is before I start shooting.
That makes one of us. I live in the boonies. My driveway is gated and 600 feet long. My nearest neighbor is conservatively 1/2 mile as the crow flies away. Someone banging around in the middle of the night will get shot, no warning no questions asked because they do not belong there and made an effort to get there.

That makes one of us. I live in the boonies. My driveway is gated and 600 feet long. My nearest neighbor is conservatively 1/2 mile as the crow flies away. Someone banging around in the middle of the night will get shot, no warning no questions asked because they do not belong there and made an effort to get there.

White privilege

Just kidding but that sounds pretty nice.

Remind me not to pay you a social visit.

VN Store

Back