Listening to the Sports Animal yesterday made me want to puke.

KYSkipper

First of all they kept reminding me that we've lost to the doormats 4 out of the last 6 years.

Then they kept reminding me we signed an unproven coach who's never been a head coach anywhere to a 3.5 million/year 6 year deal.

Then they emphasized we are in the bottom tier of a 3 tier SEC football conference.

Never in my lifetime would I have thought it would be questionable as to "Can we beat Kentucky and the Doormats."

The truth hurts.

Reactions: 7 people
Is what it is, I choose to not dwell on it. Hopefully it all starts heading in a different direction this year.

Reactions: 24 people
First of all they kept reminding me that we've lost to the doormats 4 out of the last 6 years.

Then they kept reminding me we signed an unproven coach who's never been a head coach anywhere to a 3.5 million/year 6 year deal.

Then they emphasized we are in the bottom tier of a 3 tier SEC football conference.

Never in my lifetime would I have thought it would be questionable as to "Can we beat Kentucky and the Doormats."

The truth hurts.

We signed a committed, talented, proven Coach / DC who Doug Mathews is correctly comparing to a former proven OC, CPF.

For now, imo -- spend some time listing to Coach Doug Mathews.

Reactions: 14 people

The truth hurts.

Yes, how in the world can they sign an unproven head coach that has never been a head coach?

Regards,

Mark Richt
Phil Fulmer
Dan Mullen
Bob Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Kirby Smart
Dabo Sweeny
Barry Switzer
Robert Neyland
Gary Patterson

Reactions: 34 people
Yes, how in the world can they sign an unproven head coach that has never been a head coach?

Regards,

Mark Richt
Phil Fulmer
Dan Mullen
Bob Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Kirby Smart
Dabo Sweeny
Barry Switzer
Robert Neyland
Gary Patterson

WHY is Gen.Neylands name 2nd from the bottom of this list???
Gen.Neyland should always come 1st.

Reactions: 15 people
Im sure that was a list off the top of his head. Lol...

I am sure there are plenty of first time head coaches out there throughout the years in the college ranks.

Sure, technically almost all of them were at one time “first time” head coaches. But the bust rate for those guys is much much higher than someone who has a track record. Of course that isn’t anything that common sense doesn’t tell us, but it’s worth remembering.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree, we have heard enough of what we didn't do last year. I think some do not have any thing else to say, and they have to make a living saying something. Enough of not winning a SEC game last year. We now have a coaching staff with multiple NC rings. I choose to believe this will be a better year, with even better years to follow.

Reactions: 4 people

The truth hurts.

The world is full of negative people. Just look at the Twitter garbage. Fact is, Georgia hired an unproven assistant as well as many others who have had great success. Fulmer was an unproven head coach when he took over in the 90s and led the Vols to a successful decade of dominance and a NC. If you like negativity, then listen to them. If you don't, turn them off.

Regards,

Mark Richt
Phil Fulmer
Dan Mullen
Bob Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Kirby Smart
Dabo Sweeny
Barry Switzer
Robert Neyland
Gary Patterson

For every successful first-time head coach, there are just as many or more failures...

Ellis Jonson
Brian Vangorder
Rob Ianello
Greg Robinson
Mike Locksley
Charlie Weis
Jack Crowe
Kevin Steele
Tom Holmoe
Carl Franks
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
John Blake
Paul Hackett

That's not to say that Pruitt was a bad hire, but hiring an unproven coordinator to be HC is always more of a gamble than hiring someone with HC experience.

Reactions: 2 people
For every successful first-time head coach, there are just as many or more failures...

Ellis Jonson
Brian Vangorder
Rob Ianello
Greg Robinson
Mike Locksley
Charlie Weis
Jack Crowe
Kevin Steele
Tom Holmoe
Carl Franks
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
John Blake
Paul Hackett

That's not to say that Pruitt was a bad hire, but hiring an unproven coordinator to be HC is always more of a gamble than hiring someone with HC experience.

What do you mean, by "unproven coordinator?"

He's a proven coordinator, on a multi-NC-level.

Ellis Jonson
Brian Vangorder
Rob Ianello
Greg Robinson
Mike Locksley
Charlie Weis
Jack Crowe
Kevin Steele
Tom Holmoe
Carl Franks
Joe Krivak
Randy Shannon
Bobby Williams
John Blake
Paul Hackett

Butch was a "proven" HC . . . how did that crap work out for us??

I happen to feel more confident in CJP's hire than any other since CFP was shown the door.

Why, you ask? Simple, a former HC hired CJP . . . CPF - a former player at UT, former Assist. at UT, HC at UT, has a Natty at UT AND is a member of College Football Hall of Fame.

Nugh said.

GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Our last new head coach with no outright head coaching experience.....Phillip Fulmer. I'll take my chances! 👍

VN Store

Back