Knoxville Restaurants

Any good seasonal recommendations for establishments around Knoxville or in the East Tennessee area? Curious what places around here significantly up their game this time of year.

I really like the winter menu at Seasons, and Connor's is nice in cold weather with the warm fireplace ambiance and consistently great food. I'm taking my wife to Foothills Milling Co in a few days, so I'll report back.... We are very excited!

The most consistent quality steaks I’ve had in recent times are Lakeside Tavern. I mean, besides the ones I cook for myself.

I’ve kind of come to the position that when we go out and eat I’ll order something other than steak.
I can be a lot pickier if I select the cut myself and cook it myself.

Reactions: TN404
Foothills Milling did not disappoint! I would definitely add that to my "seasonal" recommendations and quite possibly put it at #1.

New Years Eve 4 course dinner at Seasons was excellent!

Black Hawaiian sea salt seared diver scallop over roasted garlic risotto cake with citrus zested beurre blanc:
20181231 204605 — Postimage.org

Classic french onion en croute soup:
20181231 210037 — Postimage.org

The garlic herb roasted beef tenderloin with bordelaise sauce and sea salt and cracked black peppered seared Chilean seas bass with ginger scented glaze:
20181231 211640 — Postimage.org

The apple cider custard with poached pear relish and vanilla bean infused creme anglaise:
20181231 213802 — Postimage.org

New Years Eve 4 course dinner at Seasons was excellent!

Black Hawaiian sea salt seared diver scallop over roasted garlic risotto cake with citrus zested beurre blanc:
20181231 204605 — Postimage.org

Classic french onion en croute soup:
20181231 210037 — Postimage.org

The garlic herb roasted beef tenderloin with bordelaise sauce and sea salt and cracked black peppered seared Chilean seas bass with ginger scented glaze:
20181231 211640 — Postimage.org

The apple cider custard with poached pear relish and vanilla bean infused creme anglaise:
20181231 213802 — Postimage.org
giphy.gif

Reactions: VolNExile
Looking for suggestions. Future wife and I will probably be going out later for food and drinks....mainly drinks. Wheres a good spot in Knoxville to go thats not super expensive, but has a nice variety of beer, and a nice environment? We seem to always end up at the be same spots, but I would like to try something new.

Looking for suggestions. Future wife and I will probably be going out later for food and drinks....mainly drinks. Wheres a good spot in Knoxville to go thats not super expensive, but has a nice variety of beer, and a nice environment? We seem to always end up at the be same spots, but I would like to try something new.

Have you been to Pour?

Wife and I go to Schulz Brau a lot. Might be a good choice if you've never been.

Asia kitchen, walker springs and Kingston pike. Awesome Asian restaurant with an expansive menu. I had the beef with leek and Thai chili and it was superb. Huge portion for the price. My new favorite Asian restaurant.

Reactions: crusse10
Asia kitchen, walker springs and Kingston pike. Awesome Asian restaurant with an expansive menu. I had the beef with leek and Thai chili and it was superb. Huge portion for the price. My new favorite Asian restaurant.
Another standout Asian place is Asia Cafe off Callahan. I avoided the place for years because it looked sketchy, but it honestly has one of the most diverse menus in Knoxville and every dish I’ve had so far is outstanding.

Another standout Asian place is Asia Cafe off Callahan. I avoided the place for years because it looked sketchy, but it honestly has one of the most diverse menus in Knoxville and every dish I’ve had so far is outstanding.

Checked out their menu and will give them a try. What I liked about Asia Kitchen was their authentic dishes on the menu. The clientele were about 80% Asian. With pork belly, beef tendon, and pork intestines on the menu I knew I had found authentic Asian. FWIW a Chinese friend recommended the restaurant.

I believe the Central @ Callahan is currently closed. They are building a new location on Callahan that appears to be close to opening.

It’s alrrady open. Has been for over a month.

Ah great, seems I was just by there a couple of weeks ago. Time does fly, just looked at the FB page and Jan 16th was the opening.
Perfect they've been open just long enough to get settle in, time to check out the new spot.

Where you guys going for V-day Thursday or this weekend? I've been trying to find somewhere new, but may end up going back to lonesome dove.

Where you guys going for V-day Thursday or this weekend? I've been trying to find somewhere new, but may end up going back to lonesome dove.
We don't go out for V-day -- after only New Year's Eve, it's the second-worst day to go to a nice restaurant. I usually cook something nice at home.

For the weekend, consider J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, or Emilia in the downtown area. Any of the three should suit your better half.

Reactions: BAJAvol

VN Store

Back