Knoxville Restaurants

Good news:
Mexico Lindo and Lotus Garden that suffered from the flooding on Cedar Bluff are planning to reopen soon. They are hoping the first week of April. Lotus Garden is waiting on the inspections for water, gas, sewage, electrical etc.

Old Mill Bread Company is also going to reopen. No word on Subway or Little Ceasars.

Good news:
Mexico Lindo and Lotus Garden that suffered from the flooding on Cedar Bluff are planning to reopen soon. They are hoping the first week of April. Lotus Garden is waiting on the inspections for water, gas, sewage, electrical etc.

Old Mill Bread Company is also going to reopen. No word on Subway or Little Ceasars.
Oh Lord keep us updated on those last two treasured establishments!

+1 for The Burgers. The Lenoir City location now has a patio with a fire pit, cornhole, and TV. They have a few craft beers on tap, as well. I had a double patty Knox Burger with bacon, Swiss, and mushrooms tonight, and it was really good (and huge). My son got fries with his, so I had to have a few (or 30), and they're legit too.

I remember walking into a Chinese restaurant for lunch in the 80's and the hostess had her arm in a cast and sling. I asked her what happened and she said that the orientals that owned the place had mopped the kitchen floor with mayonnaise and she walked in there and wiped out.
Just an irrelevant piece of trivia that I recall that I thought was funny. Carry on.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I remember walking into a Chinese restaurant for lunch in the 80's and the hostess had her arm in a cast and sling. I asked her what happened and she said that the orientals that owned the place had mopped the kitchen floor with mayonnaise and she walked in there and wiped out.
Just an irrelevant piece of trivia that I recall that I thought was funny. Carry on.
Rugs are oriental. People are Asian.

Rugs are oriental. People are Asian.
I was in a Sushi place in Knoxville one time and a livid Sushi chef was going off about that difference. I don’t know if a diner or a co-worker set him off, but he gave a very loud and heated explanation on oriental and Asian.

Linderhoff closes for good. Good place originally but haven’t been since all the changes over the years. Hate to see it go
I am not the least bit surprised. The FIRST thing those idiot owners did was nullify the gift cards you could buy to use there. That was the first red flag.
so they managed to run it into the ground in 9 months

I didn't realize it had new owners, but we haven't been there in over a year. It was nice having it nearby, as my wife's mother was German and we do enjoy the food (although we don't eat it often for health reasons!).

Another one bites the dust: That Bourbon Bird place on Lovell Rd shut down. That building (next to IHOP/McDonald’s/etc) seems to be doomed. It’s just crazy how some locations seem always destined to fail no matter what goes in there.

They’re going to have to have a chain restaurant of some sort go in there for it to sustain.

Another one bites the dust: That Bourbon Bird place on Lovell Rd shut down. That building (next to IHOP/McDonald’s/etc) seems to be doomed. It’s just crazy how some locations seem always destined to fail no matter what goes in there.

They’re going to have to have a chain restaurant of some sort go in there for it to sustain.
That place never opened its doors. Been empty for years

Reactions: GoVolsDR

Wat!?!
Dude, it never opened. Been sitting like that for a couple of years.

The Bourbon Bird location was a concept building for years for the Ruby Tuesday corporation. They would put in a concept to see how it worked and after a little time, shut it down and rework it into a new concept. They let go of it before Hurricane Grill & Wings went in. That was the first non-RT concept.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Any good spots near McGhee Tyson?

Go into Maryville. Foothills Milling Co. and Walnut Kitchen. Both are excellent. Good chance you’ll run into Phil Fulmer at both of those places. Also check out Maryville Corner Market/Cafe. Very small market selling produce and convenient items but do a big lunch business and beers on tap. Can’t stir it with a stick at lunch time. Very popular.

VN Store

Back